What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

My SIP cooler appears to be working.

The top inch or two of the soil is dry but it's nice and damp underneath.
There's an inch of water at the bottom of the cooler and the soil didn't turn to muck.

It's been sitting waiting for about a month while I'm working on the closet.

I'm suffering from a case of DraginButt disease. Lol

PCBuds

I bought 20 of these "Wago" type connectors but they suck.
The wires just pull right out. The weight of two feet of wire is enough to pull the wire out.

I sure wouldn't want to use them for house current.

They are a cheap Chinese knockoff though.
I'm sure the real "Wago" connectors are better and safer.

q3corn

I bought 20 of these "Wago" type connectors but they suck.
The wires just pull right out. The weight of two feet of wire is enough to pull the wire out.

I sure wouldn't want to use them for house current.

They are a cheap Chinese knockoff though.
I'm sure the real "Wago" connectors are better and safer.

https://postimg.cc/5XmMZRrqView Image

I can attest to real wago connectors being legit and worth the cost. They're pretty cheap on amazon!

PCBuds

I went with really cheap on Amazon and ended up with crap.

EDIT: I just went to post this picture and realized that I wasn't lifting the damn levers all the way up.
Duhhh...

Yeah, they work fine. Lol 😆

You can't pull out the wires when you use them properly... Lol

I just bought a bunch of these to replace them. Lol 😆

They asked me three times if I was a professional contractor before they would sell them to me.
Yes! Of course I am!!

PCBuds

looks like progress to me! The only white widow i got from ontario was really light light green

I've had great luck with my White Widow.
I've had a bunch of light leaks and it didn't seem to upset my plants.

My seeds are from Crop King Seeds out of BC but I don't know where they source their seeds.

The only thing I don't like is that the plant is really boring to look at.
It's just green and white. No fancy colors. But that's just superficial and I don't need to care.

I've got some Candy Cane auto flower seeds to try next if I ever get my closet finished. Lol.

Apparently, it's not very stable and I might have to go 12/12 to get her to flower but at least she's got some neat colors and a fancy sweet taste.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Mate. The wagos.
When I got mine I thought you just put them in and thought they were shit. Turns out the right way is to lift the orange tab until it forms a 90 degree angle, slide the cable in and then put the orange tab back.
Hope you're no making the same mistake I made.

Nevermind. Just read that you figured it out on your own.

Love your grow man! Your SIL experiments are nice and they have taught me a lot.

Keep it up man!

PCBuds

Mate. The wagos.
When I got mine I thought you just put them in and thought they were shit. Turns out the right way is to lift the orange tab until it forms a 90 degree angle, slide the cable in and then put the orange tab back.
Hope you're no making the same mistake I made.

Nevermind. Just read that you figured it out on your own.

Love your grow man! Your SIL experiments are nice and they have taught me a lot.

Keep it up man!

Thanks!! :tiphat:

I was only lifting the orange tab about 1/4" and then I felt resistance.

I didn't lift it all the way up until I went to post a picture of my crappy connectors and noticed the tabs we're standing straight up. Lol 😆

The tabs pull up really hard... I suppose that's good because they probably clamp down really hard too??

They even fit my 14 AWG solid house wiring...

PCBuds

I'm liking this...

Four solid copper 18 AWG wires under one clip...

I'm gonna see how many it will hold...

PCBuds

My plant is the window was getting close to the light so I decided to raise it and the whole socket broke and fell apart.

So I went to Walmart to buy a new clip lamp.
It was $19 plus tax and I'd have to cut the shroud off to fit the 5-way splitter in, so I decided to scavenge an old lamp I had for parts.

It took me a couple of hours to figure out how to mount it and wire it up but I did finally got it installed and I could raise the light.

The 5-way splitter is a piece of crap so I bought a new adjustable splitter.
It was on sale for $15.

That's all I got done yesterday but I'm working on my closet again today.

PCBuds

The old light was falling apart and it was a piece of crap so I didn't really mind. The new light works really well and I can adjust it by just by bending the flexible neck.

I'm back to working on my closet.
It's sealed up pretty good now with a lot of messing around and improvising.

The closest isn't really a closet.
It's just a cubby hole and the door for it is the backside of the door for the room. The door doesn't fit flush against the frame and everything is off-kilter by a few degrees.
It's hard to get everything sealed up and flush but that part's done now.

I'll put two-faced foam tape on the furnace filter and install it last so I don't kick it in while I'm working in there.

I've just started installing the strips and got my first permanent one up.
27 more to go, ... Then all the wires.

PCBuds

Awww shit...

I installed the top and bottom strips first.

I've got 6 strips for every wall.
There are 40 inches between the top and bottom strips and I've got 4 strips to install between them, ... So, 40÷4 is 10" spacing...

Wrong... It's 40÷5 so, .. 8" spacing..??!?

I think it's something to do with Whole numbers and Natural numbers but I learned that stuff in grade 7 decades ago and kinda forgot most of it.

I used to be able to calculate the fourth derivative of a function and did great in Grade 13 Calculus, Functions and Algebra, but now I can't count out 85¢ worth of change without screwing up... Lol 😆

Three quarters and three nickels right??

PCBuds

Hey, Reiko, ...

I've got another batch of bacteria brewing and I was wondering if I can just put the whole jar in the fridge as is.

I was thinking it would go into hibernation but still have some food to keep it alive?

Or do I need to separate it?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn

PCBuds

I tried to delete a double post and somehow both were deleted??

I've got regular molasses...

Last edited:

PCBuds

Okay...

My smaller container is almost empty, I will pour the cheesy juice into it then top it up with more new molasses.

Do I need to mix or shake it?

My teacher used to say I'm "Slower than Molasses in Winter Time" and the molasses is pretty thick, ... It's wintertime, and it's pretty thick...

They don't look like they'll blend very well?...

And, ... Am I supposed to mix it 20 to 1 or two tablespoons per gallon of water ??

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
You mix the molasses with the whey (juice) and use that. Strain the curds (cheese) and feed them to my dog.

Yes mix at about 20:1 before use.