What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

I bought a new cell phone today. (Samsung galaxy A21)

It's got 4 rear camera's so hopefully I'll be able to take some better pictures, once I figure out how to work it.

PCBuds

I can only upload a picture to my image host when it's directly from my camera.
But I can't crop or zoom or select macro mode for a closeup.

I can still upload to this site.
I think I can only upload 400 pictures though.

I've got thousands at my image hosting site.

PCBuds

This is the best closeup I can get. I can't crop the picture, so it looks blurry when I zoom in here on the forum.

I can't turn the flashlight on so that I can see what the picture is going to look like.

TdotGonG

I'm happy with the drops, they seem accurate and I can test them with my PH solution packets when they arrive.

I looked into the BlueLabs pen and was considering buying one when I was informed about the drops.

I looked into storage solution and a science teacher makes his own with 4.01 test solution with some KCl added, but what you mentioned, sounds easier and I can constantly monitor the readings from the pens.
The 7 PH solution is closer to the range that I am working with, so I figure the pens will be more accurate in the 5.4-6.5 range.

Is there any issue with using the test solution as a storage Solution?
Does it go bad or anything, or wear out?

the readings will askew over time. I change my solutions every 2 weeks and keep the different buffer's in little 30ml medicine cup inside of a glass tupperware or snaplock what ever you're country calls em lol. And yea it is really easy and confidence building knowing using the 7ph solution that if you turn the pen on with cap on, and it read out side of 7 to calibrate it. Really keeps things accurate and consistent.

Looks like you're in the same province as me. If you want a new pH pen. I have a Dr.Meter Ph pen that works surprisingly well for a china meter, can hold cal for about 10days before askewing. I'll be upgrading my pen soon. I'll give you my old one if you would like it. I'll have multiple meters that can check pH, so I don't need the Dr.Meter Ph pen. if you feel comfortable pm'ing me you're address I'll note it and ship it out once I get the new one.

P.S Great looking buds man! Looking nice n snowy over there!

Last edited:

PCBuds

the readings will askew over time. I change my solutions every 2 weeks and keep the different buffer's in little 30ml medicine cup inside of a glass tupperware or snaplock what ever you're country calls em lol. And yea it is really easy and confidence building knowing using the 7ph solution that if you turn the pen on with cap on, and it read out side of 7 to calibrate it. Really keeps things accurate and consistent.

Looks like you're in the same province as me. If you want a new pH pen. I have a Dr.Meter Ph pen that works surprisingly well for a china meter, can hold cal for about 10days before askewing. I'll be upgrading my pen soon. I'll give you my old one if you would like it. I'll have multiple meters that can check pH, so I don't need the Dr.Meter Ph pen. if you feel comfortable pm'ing me you're address I'll note it and ship it out once I get the new one.

Awesome !! Thanks Dude !! :thank you:

Sending pm...

Great looking buds man! Looking nice n snowy over there!

Thanks, It's getting snowy inside and out. Lol

PCBuds

I decided to do some LST on Reiko's girls...

The last time I tried it, I snapped a branch...

I proped up the branch against another and crazy glued the break.

It worked great.

I was careful not to bend her at the same spot...

I'll be glad to grow a Reiko in the closet where I don't have to bother with any LST crap...

eyesdownchronic

Got to spend over 75$ on a good meter. China pens are well to put it lightly garbage. BlueLabs, Apera or Hanna is the go to. Just go to grow shop and get ph solution 4 and 7, probably cost 30$ total for both, and most good hydro shops have calibration solution. Store probes in ph solution #7. KCI I personally find isn't needed. my meters stay calibrated within .01-.06 after 2 weeks of storage. If are growing in soil I'd suggest getting a BlueLabs soil ph pen, best 250$ you will spend.
got a bluelabs ph pen for a couple years now, and im so lazy with it but it still works fine. i think ive had to calibrate under ten times, whenever i do itll be about .1-.2 off. i also dont even bother using any storage solution, i use it at least a couple times every week so it stays wet in the cap anyways.

eyesdownchronic

I would also recommend against hanna. I used to work at a place with the older high end hanna ones that had pH and ec with individual "pens" and were used more for research. things were accurate but the swings were crazy.you would have to calibrate after every reading, and they had the little knob dials to calibrate and eventually it would get so out of wack that you would be unable to go far enough to re calibrate. just get a mid end blu lab and dont worry about it .

PCBuds

I don't really need or want to bother with being really accurate.

I didn't check the PH at all with my last 2 or 3 plants.

If I've got a nutrient solution consistently going in at 4.9-5.9, that's good enough.

I think my living soil can deal with it.

Latest posts

Latest posts