What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

They sure are getting their stretch on.

They both appear quite tall and skinny.
I think they're skinny because there is not very much light getting past the top of the plant.

Next time I'm going to only grow one window plant so that I can have a single center bulb and four bulbs out around the sides aiming lower.
It's kinda difficult to get all the lights aimed right for two plants.

I'm going to have to reduce my two center bulbs to one eventually because I'm going to run out of headroom for my fixture.
I'll gain two or three inches by doing that and raising up my four outer bulbs.

As far as I understand it, I should get about the same total yield from one plant getting 50 Watts as two plants sharing 50 Watts, and then I don't have to try to work around plants of different sizes.

It's too bad that I assumed that your seeds were regular Autoflowers.
I should have asked you and waited for your response.

Instead, I started three seeds (expecting some boys) and dug up my CandyCane to transplant it into the closet.

I ended up chopping half the roots off, thinking that if the plant was 3" tall then the roots would be 3" deep.

It wasn't until I started your seeds that I realized that a 2"-3" plant had a 7.5" root system.

I would have just left the CandyCane on the window sill and started your seed in the closet.

Oh well... Lol

SuperBadGrower

Ok now that looks good. The candy cane, again, showing what in my opinion is some of those undesirable traits. Weird bud set... other stuff,,, That ^ is what you want

PCBuds

Ok now that looks good. The candy cane, again, showing what in my opinion is some of those undesirable traits. Weird bud set... other stuff,,, That ^ is what you want

I dunno??

Is this not a weird bud set?

Maybe she's just left-handed, ...
A southpaw?? Lol

Maybe I should kill it?
It might be a mutant or a tard?? Lol

PCBuds

I dunno?

Her yin & yang are offset but they appear balanced?

A left, then a right, instead of both at once.

Maybe it's not undesirable?
It might be just different, not necessarily wrong?
It could be endearing?

I think I love her anyway!
Lol.

Too bad I might kill her. Lol

SuperBadGrower

Its too hard to explain what i mean. I might not even be able to ... I think you'll see it with experience. just talking about the difference in how the buds look

even though they get less light, it's just a better lookin formation than the candy cane. To me

The reiko look like closer to photoperiod buds than the more ruderalis looking candy cane (to me)

something about calyx size/stigma ratio, greenness, 'maturity', age of onset, stage of growth, leaf type/age... that kind of stuff

Just some ramblings mate. Dont take it as related to growing.
Today coming home I thought "PCG... Pollen Chucked Genetics" :biglaugh:

I've got 3 auto seeds from a breeder, I've put them in a 2 oz shotglass size party cup. If they germinate I might start a thread to see what can be done in that size.
tinycup2.jpg

Last edited:

PCBuds

Well, ...

I am willing to just kill it, and turn it into fudge, but I've come this far, I figure I may as well finish it?

But it might want to go for 4-5 months like my last plant?

I figure it's my last practice plant before I try to grow a proper reiko to the best of my ability.

I still keep running into issues and doing dumb shit.

Maybe starting with a proper reiko seed would make things easier for me?

PCBuds

It's too bad that I assumed that your seeds were regular Autoflowers.
I should have asked you and waited for your response.

Fur fuck sakes...

I don't know if I was drunk, stoned, or if I've got Alzheimer's??

I do know how to read!... English anyway.

I might be tartid??

I didn't remember until I saw the picture but I've got a free seed.
It's a Gorilla Girl XL Auto.

It doesn't look like a gorilla at all to me.

It looks more like a dancing blue elephant?

PCBuds

She's got four arms holding, a bud, a pot leaf, a bowl of cereal, and an axe.

But what's that at the end of her trunk?

A peanut, a pita, or a big ole bugger?
Eeeewww... Lol

Actually, it looks to be the size of a chicken pot pie.

I hope she didn't snort out something the size of a chicken pot pie?
Eeeewww...

PCBuds

Rieko's plants are also doing well.

They are starting to fill in, and since I raised and spread the lights out, the leaves seem to have spread out too.

PCBuds

I'm kinda drunk and went to town with some pruning.

I think I did okay though and won't regret it in the morning. Lol

PCBuds

As for as I figure it, all the leaves I pruned are just sucking resources out of my plant and blocking light from getting to the buds.

The plant should be able to get all the nutrition it needs from its roots, and it doesn't need huge fan leaves anymore for photosynthesis because it's got an extra 200 Watts from the sides.

I figure that the small leaves and buds are more than enough to get what light she needs now.