What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

As far as running the strips ar lower voltage, I think that is best for your lumen/watt ratings anyway.

It is, but there may not be that many Watts when it's turned down so a lot less total lumen output.

One problem with parallel circuits is that one LED strip can draw more current than another but if I'm turned down I don't think it matters too much.

I can help that by having the same length of wire going to each strip and don't daisy chain them.
If you daisy chain them the first strip sees more voltage (so more current) than the rest of the chain because of the resistance of the copper runs on the strip.

I still have to do the math. I don't know what the voltage is at the max current or how hot it gets without a heatsink.

Bridgelux says their 1' are 1000 lm and 2' 2000 lm.

I assume that's at max.

I briefly looked for info on the lm/current curve of the bridgelux diodes, but couldn't find anything.

The led Gardner noted that Bridgelux doesn't list what LEDs are on its strips but he's almost positive what they are and they are rated 1100 ma not 700 like Bridgelux lists.

The Gardner didn't want to take it past rated max but I've got two spares so maybe I'll mount one to a heat sink and Crank er' up to redline !!

I wanna fire up my closet like a Griswold Christmas !! Lol 😆

That's something that's great about the cree leds, they give good documentation in that regard.

Cree doesn't make LED strips but some strip makers may use Cree LED segments.

Strips are completely under the control of the driver, and the driver of the driver (that would be me).

If Cree knows the exact input voltage (120/240VAC) and they have an onboard driver, they can list more accurate specs.

Hookahhead

Finally got a chance to watch those videos you posted. I have to say that’s some of the clearest info on LEDs specific to cannabis plants, from a unbiased 3rd party. I just wish he spoke a little bit faster...

PCBuds

I think we're going to see some big changes coming with LED lighting.

I just hope it doesn't take ten years to get mass-produced and affordable.

PCBuds

I thought I'd switch up my lights in preparation for my next seedling.

Four 10 Watt daylight bulbs and one warm "Holy" bulb for good luck. Lol 😆

I'm still going to use the SILs because I can raise and lower them easily but I still have to install all my strip lights before I start the next plant.

I'm only going to run the SILs at the start from about two feet above in an effort to get my plant to stretch.

I figure I'll grow the plant to around 2' tall before flipping the lights.

I was going to go 12/12 right from the start but I want to get more leaves and branches before the flip.

PCBuds

... Nature is great, I love nature. Indoor growing is not nature,

I love nature too...

I need to make my indoor grow more like nature so I'm gonna bring my backyard friends into my house.

It will be a symbolic relationship.

Maybe the squirrels will eat my bottom branches so I don't have to prune. Lol 😆

indagroove

Veteran
But I'm afraid of raccoons. Those fuckers are vicious. They tried to break into my tent while I was camping once, ripped a 4-inch hole in the nylon. I had to smack him with a frying pan to get him to leave. True story.

That blue colored bird is beautiful.

Squirrels are cute until they chew thru the main stalk. Some little fkr chewed the heads clean off several of my sunflowers this year.

indagroove

Veteran
They're not vicious, they're just Hangry...

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/0jwDH6C2/Screenshot-2019-11-18-18-14-15.png]View Image[/url]

You don't go camping with weapons and cookware, you go with peanuts, cheese slices, and bird food. Lol ��

We had food in the tent, that's why they came. They travel in packs like vicious little gangsters with freddy kruegar hands, screaming in the night, knocking over my trash cans. Dirty vicious hangry little trash pandas. They are good to make hats out of.

img_0095.jpg

indagroove

Veteran
Even rapists and murders are cute as babies, and then they grow up..

attachment.php

13089796-6989845-image-a-2_1556993239278.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).jpg
    Screenshot (13).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Latest posts