What's new

Parts Per Million for Dummies (US) using TSP/Gallon Teaspoon

Ca++

I'm not having Canna issues, no.
I don't use the bio one though, so can't comment on that. I do know my local keep it in the fridge, provided by Canna. The storage instructions are no extreme temperatures. The fridge is possibly not very cold, but rather, to stop it getting very hot. This may mean the bottle has a 'use by' date worth looking for.

I picked up some Plagron terra and it was basically Canna Terra. The numbers were so close, that I would buy either. These are not the bio lines though. However I would ditch both for Ionic. Neither has calcium or magnesium. The Ionic does.

If you have a Plagron supply closer to home, then see if they have a Bio line, and how it looks beside the Canna.

I Care

Okay that’s good news. I just looked at ionic they’ve got it where I was getting my clonex. Little closer than bio canna. I have an infatuation with the bioflores a their PK 13/14 based on results of my former mentor, me too. Not for the yield, just for quality. I’ve got to get that quality back.

I met someone when I was traveling in Italy, they were working a CBD/grow shop. I told him I used to grow. He said he wants to grow organic hydro.. I started discussing what that would require.. Apparently he was just testing me for saying I used to grow. We ended up ordering pizza there and having a joint of his biocanna homegrown out front on the curb in Napoli. Was the same amazing flavor I remembered from my own homegrown. That guy was a really good dude, had spent some time on holland. He told me I was brave for traveling into Italy with cannabis and driving around Italy with cannabis for weeks. All I could do was shrug my shoulders and smile. Explained that I brought cannabis just by throwing loose nugs in with my textiles in my carry on. That overhead bin was pretty podey after a transatlantic flight. Less brains than brawn.

Thanks for the good news that things seem not to have changed. I’m happy that it’s still chosen nutrient line. You know when you fire up some canna grown vs whatever else. I got some stuff lately that was listed as no till, and after a taste test, I though that they have got to use biocanna or a really good substitute in that no till set up, just based on how clean and flavorful it was.

I Care

And that’s interesting your local is the keeping it in the fridge. The reason I’m going to travel so far is because I found a shop that is a preferred biocanna retailer. Based on the biocanna website, I emailed em and they said they keep a fresh stock of it. There’s a closer shop, but fresh is what I’m after.

Addressing calcium and magnesium will be easy enough for me to address with fox farms bush doc cal mag that I can get at different local shops. I considered running the FF but I’m going to stick with grow big and jacks tomato for veg and do canna for fruit, indoor.

If I find an 8x4 flood table, I want to persue the same method outdoors. Flood table on top of an old bed frame, with large fabric pots, in a greenhouse; really where I want to be at. Indoor soil, hydro and soil greenhouse, grow big corn in the ground too, just to have some big bags again. For the plain fun of the big bags of good seeded buds to pass around.

I Care

I’m going to work on the first page right now. Highlight some quotes and clear some things up. Also paraphrasing my screen sized posts to lead into the better information.

I Care

I’m finally getting back to this. With how long it takes for 10 gallon pots to go dry with the original mainline technique. I don’t know where the mainline technique became some training technique. Seems to be in the last decade, what is this called nowadays?

image.jpg

Did some metering

This is the tap. IMG_1724.jpeg IMG_1725.jpeg IMG_1726.jpeg IMG_1727.jpeg

This is the food and water IMG_1729.jpeg IMG_1730.jpeg IMG_1731.jpeg IMG_1732.jpeg

This seems like it’s all good comin out now
I’m limited on photography in one post
PPM/TDS = 404/0.4%
US/cm = 820

IMG_1735.jpeg

I could not apply my PPM calculation strategy to this one. Used some semi organic stock solution I needed to use up. Between that and what I put in as flower food… Grow Big, Part 3 Micro, CalMag, Jacks Tomato, BioThrive Bloom, Molasses

I Care

Wanna let you guys know I finally have the soil running water off the same way it goes in now. Not yet on the night rig with the 40L pots. It’s still taking up the food I put in it. I’m adding 300-400 on the smaller plants 700-1000 on the established plants and I just did a full 1200 on flower day 33.

I Care

1716920400316.png

Dunked it, pH wouldn’t read. Removed cap and button cover to dry it out.
Working again, then I tapped it on the edge of the glass I keep the meter and the droppers in.

Badoink!

Broke it fixed it broke it again.

I counted the lemon drops it takes to bring it down below neutral. A small amount of alaska morbloom 0-10-10 will also lower ph at about the same rate as lemon drops. I also understand what kind of rate the old bloom food is doing so I can stop worrying for the PH on the night rig.

Soil seems to behaving itself, so I won’t get too constipated about losing my pH pen if everything that’s thirsty is looking good.

@Ca++ this pen changes lives, thank you, may I have another. Will repair this one and get a back up. Something else generic you know of that is good reproduction of functional older agritech?

Ca++

The price of these things, you can have as many as you need. The sellers with spare probes might be worth bookmarking though. It was just this last year, I also bust one on a containers edge.

I fancy one for clean, and one for dirty. I don't want to transfer any dirty water, to my clean water equipment. I'm in the middle of dedicating buckets and such.
For hygiene reasons, I want to focus my efforts on the propagation area. Everything after that has a limited life expectancy, until it's gone. Soil, plants, drainage, it's all outgoing. If I get a parasitic problem during them months, it's outgoing. I don't want some fungus gnat infecting my flower area with a virus, and me to bring it to the propagation area on shared equipment.
I just got 8 pairs of scissors together, to take the cuts off my 8 mum's. I intend to colour co-ordinate them. As I use coloured cable ties to ID my plants anyway. So ties around the scissors is natural progression.

Get 10 meters. You just can't be too careful :)