What's new

Pandora closes her amphora

RobFromTX

Sure. He came up with a completely bullshit story as to the origin of his Lebanese with some Israeliguy (of all places) called gasman who chimed in to tell everyone they got the seeds from Lebanese weed smuggled by Beduins from the South of Lebanon to Israel in the early 2000's. That story is so wrong I don't know where to begin to deconstruct it. Also worth mentioning that "gasman" never particpated much in the forum other than to tell that story and then disappeared. So it's really either of those:
  • Either those seeds are genuinely Lebanese but if so that story is an entire lie (that whole scenario can't happen in Lebanon especially at the timeframe indicated) and he actually got his seeds from Angus (TRSC) ie he stole the line without even crediting him ;
  • Or that story is somewhat true (ie they're really seeds from weed smuggled in Israel by Beduins) but in that case they can't be Lebanese but much more likely second rate stuff from Aqaba or those roundabouts where you do encounter Beduins but misrepresented as Lebanese because of the aura of the Lebanese strain in the cannabis world which makes it much more profitable.
The real deal is from Angus who sells it much cheaper (12 seeds for 47€ vs 10 seeds for 65€). And unlike the greedy thief we're discussing here, Angus did go to Lebanon.
Yeah i like Real Seeds too. I just wish more seedbanks carried central/south american sativa varieties as those are what i really enjoy

As far as that goes Ace is pretty much it

BC LONE WOLF

Any idea where does Swami Panama red “1976 peace corps” fit in with these other panamas?
I got it from him but I haven’t popped a bean yet, probably next year.

I’m still on the fence about his SMG “private collection” as it’s too thick of a flower to say it’s a full on 100% Colombian. Seems like a Nepalese got in there… time will tell.

Wanna be sure before I move forward:

Rgd

Veteran
Any idea where does Swami Panama red “1976 peace corps” fit in with these other panamas?
I have not seen anyones Panama that didn't look like it came from the same

greengrocer "red and green” combo line

[I don’t mean those new fat looking Panama “selections”]

Last edited:

Cannabrainer

I got it from him but I haven’t popped a bean yet, probably next year.

I’m still on the fence about his SMG “private collection” as it’s too thick of a flower to say it’s a full on 100% Colombian. Seems like a Nepalese got in there… time will tell.

Wanna be sure before I move forward:
The peace corps seeds were obtained in Panama, suposedly, and are not related to the other sources (which is supposedly BCO Panama and Colombian Red varities). Now, what we do know about Panama 1974, straight from Charlie García's mouth, is that Ace Panama only has about 25% of the original Panama 1974 (2010 post on this thread: https://www.icmag.com/threads/panama-red-1974.194282/).

- Snowhigh's Double Panama is Panama Red 1974 (Peace Corps) x Panama Red Hair (BCO Lineage)
- Swami's Panama 1976 is Panama Red 1976 (Peace Corps)
- Ace Panama uses the Panama 1974 x Panama Red Hair and as stated by them Colombian Red varities (selected for fastest phenos with the best yields)
- Cryptic Labs Panama (Unknown, but suspected of being a Peace Corps version). It is long flowering and here is the famous Huesos cut that flowered for 96 days for grower Justgrowing420 (https://www.icmag.com/threads/reviv...-k-a-r-u-s-t-ii.325105/page-538#post-18531553).
- Panama 1971 from Hippie Cannabis Genetics (supposedly an earlier version of the 1974 Peace Corps)

All of these Panamas seem to be either some sort of cousins through the Panama Red Hair line potentially in most of them or distantly related (thanks to different sources of origin and selections like with the Peace Corps missions or the Colombian Red varities). IMO, what has really distinguished them is the selection betwee those who selected for the most domesticated traits, regardless of the fact that the source may indeed vary, versus those that obtained a line and selected plants towards the longest flowering ones.

RobFromTX

I always heard the big man at cbg just got tired of the business and called it quits. Maybe someone here can correct me on that
I mean obviously you cant keep something like this up forever

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

I haven’t had much free time lately due to work, and the little time I do have, I dedicate to my family. I’ll try to stop by here whenever I can.

It seems that some replies have been deleted. I understand removing comments with insults, but some were removed simply for discussing the origins of Ace Seeds varieties. I ask that posts not be deleted unless disrespectful and that censorship be avoided.

Ace Seeds contributes a lot of money to the forum with its section and advertising, so I understand if anything they dislike is removed to keep them satisfied.

As for their Lebanese variety, it comes from Grassman—not Gasman—a Spaniard who moved to Israel for work, if I recall correctly. I don’t remember exactly how he obtained the seeds, but they’re not from TRSC, as TRSC wasn’t around at the time. There’s information on Cannabiscafé if anyone wants to search for it.

Regarding the Panama strain from CBG/Ace, they worked on it to make it more domesticated, suitable for indoor growing, and aligned with what the public wanted. When I saw it, it looked like a Critical-Skunk hybrid. Phylos even indicates a relation to Skunk. Who knows... but the flower shape, flowering time, and aromas bear little resemblance to the old Panama.

Unlike other seed banks, I’ve done what I personally like, and for Hera, we eliminated all small, short-flowering plants and selected the tallest, longest-flowering ones. To make it more NLD, it was crossed with OTH.

This is why it takes longer to flower. The Panama from Cryptic Labs had significant inbreeding and hermaphroditism issues, so the two best females found were selected and crossed with the same OTH males to boost vigor and introduce new blood.

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
I'll copy and paste a message I sent to a colleague.

I think it’s wonderful that the seeds are being reproduced and shared so that more people can try them and keep them alive. That was one of my reasons for starting Pandora.

Everyone is free to do whatever they want with the seeds, even if someone wants to reproduce them to sell.

If they do a good job and acknowledge the origin, I have no problem with it. I believe no one truly owns any variety, but it is important to state where they come from. There are many who make up stories to avoid mentioning the origin, and that does bother me.

But if someone spends time and money on reproduction and wants to sell seeds to cover expenses or even make a living from it, then by all means.

When you sell seeds—or, in my case, donate them—it’s something you have to know and accept. Some people will only plant them, others will reproduce them, and others might sell them. If any of this bothered me, I wouldn’t have sold or given them away in the first place.

Always state the origin to avoid any confusion with the varieties. Be cautious of those who don't disclose it and set high prices for their seeds.

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
You can’t imagine the work involved in bringing all these Pandora varieties to life and making them available to everyone for a minimal donation. In my opinion, these are very valuable varieties. I wish I had had access to such great varieties when I first started collecting seeds...

And I have many more, but I don’t know when they’ll be available… for now, they’re frozen, waiting for their moment.

RobFromTX

I'll copy and paste a message I sent to a colleague.

I think it’s wonderful that the seeds are being reproduced and shared so that more people can try them and keep them alive. That was one of my reasons for starting Pandora.

Everyone is free to do whatever they want with the seeds, even if someone wants to reproduce them to sell.

If they do a good job and acknowledge the origin, I have no problem with it. I believe no one truly owns any variety, but it is important to state where they come from. There are many who make up stories to avoid mentioning the origin, and that does bother me.

But if someone spends time and money on reproduction and wants to sell seeds to cover expenses or even make a living from it, then by all means.

When you sell seeds—or, in my case, donate them—it’s something you have to know and accept. Some people will only plant them, others will reproduce them, and others might sell them. If any of this bothered me, I wouldn’t have sold or given them away in the first place.

Always state the origin to avoid any confusion with the varieties. Be cautious of those who don't disclose it and set high prices for their seeds.
The USC black afghani you used to make the crosses. Did this strain prove to be pretty stable in your experience? I know you mentioned their colombian gold wasnt and found a 60 day pheno when you ran them. I bought their mangobiche and gave half my seeds to a friend to run and hes not impressed to say the least. Half the plants have barely any stretch, very kush like and hes talking about ditching them altogether. Just curious what you found running the black afghani because the pictures online look amazing

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
The USC black afghani you used to make the crosses. Did this strain prove to be pretty stable in your experience? I know you mentioned their colombian gold wasnt and found a 60 day pheno when you ran them. I bought their mangobiche and gave half my seeds to a friend to run and hes not impressed to say the least. Half the plants have barely any stretch, very kush like and hes talking about ditching them altogether. Just curious what you found running the black afghani because the pictures online look amazing
Black afghani only 20% were black. The rest were green and also hermaphrodites. All of those were removed.
USC since JGL and others left was not the same. I bought double jam seeds back in 2017 and not a single one came out.
Then I was going to buy more a year ago but honestly the selection that Cristalina made didn't inspire confidence in me...so I didn't buy.
Then what I found in Colombian gold 72, I don't know what it was but that wasn't CG72.

I have triple Pakistan but I haven't tried it. By the way, Cristalin was looking for Afghan varieties years ago and, if I'm not mistaken, he got the x18 from Mustafunk-Raco and they told him not to use it to sell it and he didn't listen.

RobFromTX

Black afghani only 20% were black. The rest were green and also hermaphrodites. All of those were removed.
USC since JGL and others left was not the same. I bought double jam seeds back in 2017 and not a single one came out.
Then I was going to buy more a year ago but honestly the selection that Cristalina made didn't inspire confidence in me...so I didn't buy.
Then what I found in Colombian gold 72, I don't know what it was but that wasn't CG72.

I have triple Pakistan but I haven't tried it. By the way, Cristalin was looking for Afghan varieties years ago and, if I'm not mistaken, he got the x18 from Mustafunk-Raco and they told him not to use it to sell it and he didn't listen.
Its the last time i get burned by a has been seedbank. It seems when the good breeders quit the business the "assistants" just use the brand name to run a years long scam on people. Or maybe they just have no clue how to make good seeds. Either way its shady

Thanks for the feedback. They have a few sock puppets on here that get people to buy from them, myself included, and I'll be quick to inform someone about to make the same mistake as I did

Siku

I also bought the Mangobiche and the black afghani from them! And the Mangobiche I am currently running also looks like a hybrid. I have not germinated the black afghani yet and I probably won’t do the next time.

RobFromTX

I also bought the Mangobiche and the black afghani from them! And the Mangobiche I am currently running also looks like a hybrid. I have not germinated the black afghani yet and I probably won’t do the next time.
I just ordered some of these. Ive heard nothing but good things about these guys

Latest posts

Latest posts