What's new

Pandora closes her amphora

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Two Hera and Two Hebe (one Hera male was culled) and one Ace Panama Haze. However, the pattern will repeat itself since there are different parentals and the one line that is shared has been selected towards the longer flowering and wilder expressions, which can be ascertained by the drastically different flowering of the plants (Ace's plants are selected for shorter flowerings and higher yields, barring the pure landraces like the Thais).
That's a lot of conclusions you draw from growing just 4-5 plants. I try to reserve my opinions on a strain until I've grown 2-3 tenpacks of it, at least.

Last edited:

Cannabrainer

That's a lot of conclusions you draw from growing just 4-5 plants. I try to reserve my opinions on a strain until I've grown 2-3 tenpacks of it, at least.
The conclusion is clear: they are different. We wont have anymore Hebe packs because they are unavailable. Out of a 10 pack, the three I popped (lost one due to drought), were logically different to Ace's Panama Haze. Same with Hera, which actually uses a far older selection from Cannabiogen stock, which predates the selections made by Ace.

Cryptic Labs Panama, just as Snowhigh's Double Panama, and the Panama 1971 (which I am all growing btw thanks to members like Upstate in OG), have NOTHING, CERO, NADA, with Ace's selections OR even original source (as in they are not the same line of the original landrace). So this little detail just destroys the possibility of even talking about the same cultivar or strain. 2 or 3 packs are good to select, but not necessarily to be able to tell if the cultivars have different parentals, which they do.

You can compare pics too from each seedbank and they will reveal the same pattern I am seeing. Half brothers are not twins.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

The conclusion is clear: they are different. We wont have anymore Hebe packs because they are unavailable. Out of a 10 pack, the three I popped (lost one due to drought), were logically different to Ace's Panama Haze. Same with Hera, which actually uses a far older selection from Cannabiogen stock, which predates the selections made by Ace.

Cryptic Labs Panama, just as Snowhigh's Double Panama, and the Panama 1971 (which I am all growing btw thanks to members like Upstate in OG), have NOTHING, CERO, NADA, with Ace's selections OR even original source (as in they are not the same line of the original landrace). So this little detail just destroys the possibility of even talking about the same cultivar or strain. 2 or 3 packs are good to select, but not necessarily to be able to tell if the cultivars have different parentals, which they do.

You can compare pics too from each seedbank and they will reveal the same pattern I am seeing. Half brothers are not twins.
So basically what youre saying is that Ace Panama is a different line than the one that was sold by Cannabiogen? Which is the one that was used by cryptic and snowhigh?

Genghis Kush.

"The Panama Red pistillate we used in our Panama hybrid has a more robust structure, denser flowering,a shorter flowering time of 3.5 mounths and a higher resin production than the extreme tropical columbian gold sativa.

...Cannabiogen's Panama grows tall, lanky and needs 4-5 mounths to flower, producing purple/red airy buds."

Last edited:

RobFromTX

"The Panama Red pistillate we used in our Panama hybrid has a more robust structure, denser flowering,a shorter flowering time of 3.5 mounths and a higher resin production than the extreme tropical columbian gold sativa.

...Cannabiogen's Panama grows tall, lanky and needs 4-5 mounths to flower, producing purple/red airy buds."
Thanks for clarifying that. I was about to order some from CSI Humboldt until I realized they only accept cash in the mail as payment. I'm just too paranoid for that

Cannabrainer

So basically what youre saying is that Ace Panama is a different line than the one that was sold by Cannabiogen? Which is the one that was used by cryptic and snowhigh?
Yes. First, because they are actually not the same line. Assuming they were sourced from the same origin, they have diverged greatly as a result of selection. However, they are not the same lines nor sources of origin. I quote member Upstate from OG:

"
I’ve grown Ace seeds Panama and snow High seeds double Panama and out of the two I would definitely choose snow High unless you are extremely concerned with flowering time. I found that Ace plants finished in 8 to 10 weeks, with one of them about finished at week 6 believe it or not. The buzz was nothing to write home about. I gave nearly all of it away.
The snowhigh double Panama is a long flowering variety, flowering 18 to 24 weeks. It’s a hybrid between the Red Cross 1974 Panama, and Breeder’s Choice organization Panama collected in 2003 or 2004. I saw some killer plants, although they were entirely seeded and I didn’t smoke anything. Some of this smells were incredible, and there was excellent resin coverage on a couple of phenotypes.
Cannabiogen Panama Falls somewhere between Ace and snow high in flowering time,
and it looks like it’s a good compromise between long flowering and fast flowering. Sativa lovers will probably find something to their taste, and people who enjoy tighter buds will probably find something to their taste.
The only pure Panama out there is the 1974 Panama."

RobFromTX

Yes. First, because they are actually not the same line. Assuming they were sourced from the same origin, they have diverged greatly as a result of selection. However, they are not the same lines nor sources of origin. I quote member Upstate from OG:

"
I’ve grown Ace seeds Panama and snow High seeds double Panama and out of the two I would definitely choose snow High unless you are extremely concerned with flowering time. I found that Ace plants finished in 8 to 10 weeks, with one of them about finished at week 6 believe it or not. The buzz was nothing to write home about. I gave nearly all of it away.
The snowhigh double Panama is a long flowering variety, flowering 18 to 24 weeks. It’s a hybrid between the Red Cross 1974 Panama, and Breeder’s Choice organization Panama collected in 2003 or 2004. I saw some killer plants, although they were entirely seeded and I didn’t smoke anything. Some of this smells were incredible, and there was excellent resin coverage on a couple of phenotypes.
Cannabiogen Panama Falls somewhere between Ace and snow high in flowering time,
and it looks like it’s a good compromise between long flowering and fast flowering. Sativa lovers will probably find something to their taste, and people who enjoy tighter buds will probably find something to their taste.
The only pure Panama out there is the 1974 Panama."
I respect snowhigh but his seeds are ridiculously expensive. Ive enjoyed the Ace Panama the two times ive ran it but I believe people when they question it being a pure sativa. I had one that finished in about 7 weeks. Still a quite pleasant smoke

Cannabrainer

I respect snowhigh but his seeds are ridiculously expensive. Ive enjoyed the Ace Panama the two times ive ran it but I believe people when they question it being a pure sativa. I had one that finished in about 7 weeks. Still a quite pleasant smoke
I love them all. I just see the stark differences between all of them really. The 1971 and 1974 are indeed landraces, while the Snowhigh and Cryptic labs versions are the closes thing through seedbanks.

This is Huesos cut of the Cryptic Labs version. I have never, not even in the regular versions of Ace Panama which do flower longer (even up to 11 weeks or even 12), seen any plant look like this:

Screenshot_20241021-214932_Chrome.jpg

Cactus Squatter

ACE’s Panama usually has 3 reflowerings if grown well.
Within my circle we have probably grown around 75 Panama plants from both reg and fem packs and never had one earlier than 10 weeks. I usually take them at 11-12.

RobFromTX

ACE’s Panama usually has 3 reflowerings if grown well.
Within my circle we have probably grown around 75 Panama plants from both reg and fem packs and never had one earlier than 10 weeks. I usually take them at 11-12.
I never had one that went 12 weeks, not even close to that. But ive only ran the feminized and my growing conditions were certainly less than ideal. Its a great strain though, for novice and indoor growers alike

Genghis Kush.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was about to order some from CSI Humboldt until I realized they only accept cash in the mail as payment. I'm just too paranoid for that
its safe . done it many times. I sent money to him today through priority mail and then I emailed him the tracking number.
He has 20% off sale right now plus lots of freebies .
100 bucks and youll get three packs at least

EnjoyingLife

I was skeptical of cash in the mail but Colorado sativa's helped me through that. It was a low enough amount that if it was lost or the seeds weren't sent I wasn't going to be to mad. Bummed for sure, mad no.
I tried doc d after that with the same mindset.
Same with Seattle chronic (not sure that's the right name or if he's still making seed).
I've had no problems, that doesn't mean there aren't people out there ready and willing to take your dollars though.
But if you're wanting to give it a go maybe try it a small amount you're willing to lose (don't buy coffee for a month to save the pennies 😉) to build confidence and get used to the idea that you may lose it.
I have no experience with CSI but have heard nothing but great feedback and the plants look like they are worth smoking. I recently read his freebies are great, pretty sure it was in this thread.

RobFromTX

I was skeptical of cash in the mail but Colorado sativa's helped me through that. It was a low enough amount that if it was lost or the seeds weren't sent I wasn't going to be to mad. Bummed for sure, mad no.
I tried doc d after that with the same mindset.
Same with Seattle chronic (not sure that's the right name or if he's still making seed).
I've had no problems, that doesn't mean there aren't people out there ready and willing to take your dollars though.
But if you're wanting to give it a go maybe try it a small amount you're willing to lose (don't buy coffee for a month to save the pennies 😉) to build confidence and get used to the idea that you may lose it.
I have no experience with CSI but have heard nothing but great feedback and the plants look like they are worth smoking. I recently read his freebies are great, pretty sure it was in this thread.
Ive heard great things about CSI too. What from Colorado Sativas have you ran? I was about to place an order with them a few years back but couldn't find any grow reports

Latest posts

Latest posts