What's new

Pandora closes her amphora

PetePrice

Sounds like Dubi thought you used his OTH and slapped your name on it like you did with Sam's Ancestral Skunk.
Re: Ancestral skunk

If Pandora went thru a load of them and got them to sprout did selections(which it appeared they did) and aren't ripping people off with price I'd say it's a good thing.

Reactions: ost

ost

@PandoraSeedBank it was sad to read this. Money destroys everything that is good. Most of us are in this for the pure love of the plant and we pretend we are a "community" and all this hippie stuff, but the reality is businessmen control the industry and they will do whatever is needed to get ahead.

Mandala is not the only shop where you can sell though, put them for sale with every seller you can and at least make them work for their monopoly.

The pirate thing is kind of funny though. And ironic. All these people are pirates themselves. Building their careers on the work of others.
View attachment 19073281

Fuck this industry.
got agree`keep your grnetics away from the bought stuff!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I am a firm believer in when you purchase seeds they are yours to do as you please. But out of respect, you need to credit the original work. Like Dubi did in the OTH description..."Oldtimer’s Haze population has been preserved intact until today by Oldtimer, a british breeder, and then reproduced by our breeders using a wide variety of parental plants."

If Pandora and Dubi both got seeds from Oldtimer they each can do as they please. Now Dubi got the seeds, worked them (which cost time and money) and that makes them an Ace seeds line.

Pandora just takes those already worked lines and calls them theirs well that's lame imho.

Then bashes Dubi publicly. Also lame af. Keep things private and come to terms like an adult.

I certainly won't do business with Pandora. They seem like they have no respect for others people or their work. Just slap their name on it and call it a day.

Just my opinion, which means squat.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The person that did the real preservation work on OT1 line was Wolfman, he managed to germinate the old seed who OT1 gave away for free to.

10 people were given the seed by Wolfman, and Wolfman gave Dubi and 9 others that same seed.

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Thank you all for your messages. As I said before, I do not plan to reopen Pandora Seed Bank. My online store is not up to date. It will disappear in a few days.

Everything touched by money becomes corrupted. I have seen too many fights, and it is always when money is involved. Always.

I would rather give away the seeds or continue collecting and preserving them privately, as I have been doing until now, and exchanging them.

I want to clarify that Mandala Seeds is not to blame for anything. They were the only ones who wanted to distribute my seeds. Many shops didn't want to or didn't even respond. Obviously, they also made money from my seeds, but without them, they wouldn't have reached many countries.

So, keep supporting them. They do great work.

I had been thinking for some time whether to continue with this because, as I said, it was costing me money. It's a risk, because if you don't know, Spain is worse off than it was 20 years ago.

They went after Dinafem, and in many grow shops, the police seized the CBD and all the seeds. Now in Barcelona, they have closed the smoking clubs... and the final straw was being told that they couldn't sell my seeds.

Well, this is where it ends. I honestly don't feel like continuing with this.

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
I am a firm believer in when you purchase seeds they are yours to do as you please. But out of respect, you need to credit the original work. Like Dubi did in the OTH description..."Oldtimer’s Haze population has been preserved intact until today by Oldtimer, a british breeder, and then reproduced by our breeders using a wide variety of parental plants."

If Pandora and Dubi both got seeds from Oldtimer they each can do as they please. Now Dubi got the seeds, worked them (which cost time and money) and that makes them an Ace seeds line.

Pandora just takes those already worked lines and calls them theirs well that's lame imho.

Then bashes Dubi publicly. Also lame af. Keep things private and come to terms like an adult.

I certainly won't do business with Pandora. They seem like they have no respect for others people or their work. Just slap their name on it and call it a day.

Just my opinion, which means squat.
For your information, the OTH I was selling was much more worked and selected than the OTH from Ace Seeds. It took a lot of time and money. In the OTH from Ace Seeds, there are many plants that are useless. I have seen it myself. That's what happens with open pollination using many genotypes.

I didn’t get the seeds from Oldtimer1; I got them from my friend. Should I have named them after my friend instead of OTH Green and OTH Purple?

What worked lines do I take and put my name on them? The only one I have named Pandora is Pandora Skunk, so that people who grow it know who made the selection and where it comes from. Just like there’s Aladdin Skunk from Khalifa Genetics and others.

And Ancestral Skunk was anything but worked. A lot of genetic variety and many hermaphrodites.

I say it’s a selection from Ancestral Skunk in the description. Does the name matter?

The first one to attack me publicly was Dubi in his forum. I responded, and they deleted my message without giving me a reply.

If I am telling all this, it’s because it’s what happened to me, and so people know why I am closing the seed bank, nothing more.