1 MB · Views: 25
  • 20240609_083800.jpg
    20240609_083800.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 20240609_083757.jpg
    20240609_083757.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23

Cheech87

So, I have discovered something that makes me sad. Now I have a question: Is it still worth growing them further, or do I have no experience with plants that have been dusted? I have also searched everything thoroughly for nanners but found nothing. It is my Neville's Haze and maybe also the Panama because it also has a lot of orange stigmas.
20240614_101835.jpg

goingrey

I would grow them to the end, no point in stopping now. The weed will be fine, just an annoyance to remove the seeds before smoking (before grinding!). But you might want to try to locate the source of the pollen and keep an eye out for more sacs. I know you said you looked thoroughly but I mean, it came from somewhere..

Cheech87

@goingrey
Okay, I will finish growing them, but now I want to put in new seedlings. I am worried because these two will have to stand for a few more weeks, and the seedlings will bloom during that time too. I don't want to contaminate them.
I will search again, branch for branch

But there is no way to produce seeds without nanners, right? Or am I wrong?

goingrey

Maybe worth mentioning that that seed was from a pollination a couple weeks ago as it has already developed some. In case you have harvested some plants in between or well in any case.

Cheech87

I thought the same. I have cut three plants, but didn't notice anything special. I believe it's not too serious. Only the lower part of the plant seems affected. I haven't found any swollen calyces.

Cheech87

For me the plant is only pollinated in the lower area, as the other stigmas are all white and not swollen like the others. I opened a few, and everything seems fine. Only the ones I find thicker are affected. I think it will be okay. I haven't found the source yet, but I'll be careful when manicuring the dried plants to see if I find anything.

That's the point that's bothering me now
not being able to find the source.

Cheech87

I found the cause of the pollination: it was my Liberty Haze. It is now dried, and when opening the buds, I discovered a few "bananas" that still had pollen. I immediately noticed a very fine dust. I checked again with the microscope to make sure it wasn't mold spores, and confirmed it was pollen.

What about these seeds when they are finished? They come from two feminized plants (Neville's Haze x Liberty Haze). Since my Liberty Haze doesn't have any seeds, I think it was because I left it for too long.

gedLang

That's a relief to know the cause! The resulting seeds could be grown out if you like both parents and the seeds have enough time to mature. They would also be feminized, but you would have to expect that some of the offspring would have similar issues to the Liberty Haze in terms of late forming bananas.

goingrey

I found the cause of the pollination: it was my Liberty Haze. It is now dried, and when opening the buds, I discovered a few "bananas" that still had pollen. I immediately noticed a very fine dust. I checked again with the microscope to make sure it wasn't mold spores, and confirmed it was pollen.

What about these seeds when they are finished? They come from two feminized plants (Neville's Haze x Liberty Haze). Since my Liberty Haze doesn't have any seeds, I think it was because I left it for too long.
4-6 weeks from pollination.

Cheech87

Okay 🤗, I will try to keep the seeds because, in terms of the final product, I find Liberty Haze to be top-notch. The smell is very sour like limes, a bit like Sour Diesel but sweeter, and it hits really well. Neville's Haze also smells good and would have remained seedless without pollination since it has no pollen sacs or bananas. However, it might not be as great anymore because of the pollination, but it still smells like incense, which is why I don't want to give it up.

How can I make sure that I don't still have pollen hanging around? Can it be sterilized, or does it really only last a few weeks? I've read a lot about this: some say it can't pollinate after three to four weeks, while others say it can still pollinate up to a year later. I'm getting a bit paranoid 😅🤣

goingrey

Okay 🤗, I will try to keep the seeds because, in terms of the final product, I find Liberty Haze to be top-notch. The smell is very sour like limes, a bit like Sour Diesel but sweeter, and it hits really well. Neville's Haze also smells good and would have remained seedless without pollination since it has no pollen sacs or bananas. However, it might not be as great anymore because of the pollination, but it still smells like incense, which is why I don't want to give it up.

How can I make sure that I don't still have pollen hanging around? Can it be sterilized, or does it really only last a few weeks? I've read a lot about this: some say it can't pollinate after three to four weeks, while others say it can still pollinate up to a year later. I'm getting a bit paranoid 😅🤣
When I tried to keep pollen around in room temp until the next round it had gone bad, however much time that is, a couple months.. So I've stopped worrying about it. But keep your place clean for other reasons! I use a vacuum cleaner and wiping down with alcohol between grows..

george7

In room temps and not stored properly, pollen does not remain viable for long so i wouldnt worry about that.
Nevilles x liberty sounds like an exciting cross. Congrats you have free feminised seeds :rasta:
is the panama a5 pollinated as well?

Cheech87

I thought the same thing about crossing, so it's worth a try for me. I think both varieties are good 😀 Maybe I'll have some luck in this misfortune.

It looks like only the Neville's Haze has been pollinated, as I've found seeds there, but I haven't found any in the Panama so far. I've cut and opened a few buds and found nothing. I also have another plant, Blue Cheese, and it has no seeds either. I found it all strange, but I remember taking the Liberty Haze out of the tent towards the end of flowering and brushing it against the Neville's Haze, and I think that's when it happened. I won't be completely sure until after harvest, though.

Cheech87

My Neville's Haze isn't looking good, probably because the weather was too hot and humid. It still needs another 5 to 6 weeks, and I think it will be challenging to keep it alive until then. I couldn't do anything since it rained for days with intense heat.

20240625_064200.jpg 20240625_064206.jpg 20240625_064214.jpg 20240625_064226.jpg

The Panama A5 is doing better it has grown well but has yellow tips on the leaves. Otherwise, everything is okay so far. I did better with it this time than with the Killer A5 Haze. It needs to stay for another 3 to 4 weeks to finish flowering. I'm always amazed at the yield these plants produce and I'm really looking forward to it.
20240625_064237.jpg 20240625_064242.jpg 20240625_064224.jpg 20240625_064226.jpg