What's new

Pakistan Chitral Kush

Chills

Just went out to the garden after reading your post and pulled up the plant that checked out first….plant pulled from the ground like it had no roots. No insects or damage from insects that I could see. Plant had been looking dead for a while so I decided to try one of the ones that still had some green in the buds….pulled as easy as the fully dead one! Next I tried the stalk left from the one I harvested last week….not wanting a hernia I gave up without budging it an inch!
Don’t know if it’s insects or disease but it’s certainly one or the other. View attachment 19063199

Hope it doesn’t get my LillyxOTH crosses
Sounds like voles. There are also some crickets that do that kind of root damage. (Atleast in Germany...)
Look for holes, try to find loose spots in the ground. Make shure they cant get to your other crops. If you can find their exits or their pathways underground get some gasbombs from the gardensupplystore.

Man that sucks but try to safe the lillyxOTH if its voles (underground mice, dont know the exact wording in english)

EnjoyingLife

Sounds like voles. There are also some crickets that do that kind of root damage. (Atleast in Germany...)
Look for holes, try to find loose spots in the ground. Make shure they cant get to your other crops. If you can find their exits or their pathways underground get some gasbombs from the gardensupplystore.

Man that sucks but try to safe the lillyxOTH if its voles (underground mice, dont know the exact wording in english)
Voles is correct afaik - not knowing the exact wording in English.
I am by no means the one to say what's effecting these plants.

yoss33

Veteran
A few years ago I lost a big plant (quickly died in a similar way) to corn borers - upon "autopsy" many of its big branches and the main stem had holes full of borer shit that invites fungi, which kill the plant... So, I've been spraying with pesticides and the following seasons I didn't see any corn borer (you can see the hole in the stem where it enters), and yet, last year I lost 2 big plants (one of them 75% PCK) and this year I lost one big plant in a similar way. This time, in all 3 cases, the rootball was rotting (you can easily pull the plant out of the ground, as described) and full of termites eating it... This year I had termites even up in the main stem and inside the lower branches. Which was a shock, as this year I've been splaying the plant and pouring into the ground around it a combo of pesticides (pyrethroid + neonicotinic) every 20 days, supposedly to kill and repel the termites. I don't know if these termites have developed resistance against these pesticides, or they are attacking an already dead plant that doesn't have its "juices" flowing and spreading the neonicotinic inside the plant. Then maybe the true reason for the plant's death is some soil fungus that rots the rootball, perhaps helped by overwatering.

Wuachuma

When I worked for the Rockefeller's farm in NY last year, we had a lot of loss to corn borers, and they said even more the years before I got there.
If it were voles, if expect to see wilting from root damage before leaf death.
With borers, they obstruct the vascular tissue and fill the stalks with their poop.
They come in on tiny moths, which also bring in other bugs like termites and such.
BT and BTi are the way to go.
Check your main stalks. Any signs of bugs in there?
Corn borer has been hitting the US real hard the last 2 yrs, kills the plant real quick.

Sorry for your loss - this is devastating

Eastcoastcookies

Can see the shape / structure of these bad ass PCK’s in this night shot . Buds filling in rapidly . Smell like grapes at the moment and def starting to get frosty . A buddy has one of these cuttings in a 150 gallon grow bag full sunlight so we are praying that one makes it along for a few more weeks til mature .

Attachments

• IMG_2876.jpeg
    IMG_2876.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
Can see the shape / structure of these bad ass PCK’s in this night shot . Buds filling in rapidly . Smell like grapes at the moment and def starting to get frosty . A buddy has one of these cuttings in a 150 gallon grow bag full sunlight so we are praying that one makes it along for a few more weeks til mature .
🤞

Eastcoastcookies

Ok folks , need some help . I do not normally grow this type of thick budded indica outdoors in my area ((39*N). Iv spent hours defoliating since they are so thick and full of healthy leaves . Wondering how long til these PCK clones start to finish . So far zero bud issues 🤞 . I was thinking maybe 2 weeks 10/4 . I am in no hurry to harvest until fully mature for maximum potency and effect .
We sometimes let certain strains run up until Halloween if they last that long and need it , so I know the deal .
Its gonna be a tough choice but I might dedicate a whole one of these PCK to harvest the fresh live rosin (bubble hash) for dabs . Will be great medicine .
Thoughts ?

Attachments

• IMG_2953.jpeg
    IMG_2953.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2947.jpeg
    IMG_2947.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

a58

A few years ago I lost a big plant (quickly died in a similar way) to corn borers - upon "autopsy" many of its big branches and the main stem had holes full of borer shit that invites fungi, which kill the plant... So, I've been spraying with pesticides and the following seasons I didn't see any corn borer (you can see the hole in the stem where it enters), and yet, last year I lost 2 big plants (one of them 75% PCK) and this year I lost one big plant in a similar way. This time, in all 3 cases, the rootball was rotting (you can easily pull the plant out of the ground, as described) and full of termites eating it... This year I had termites even up in the main stem and inside the lower branches. Which was a shock, as this year I've been splaying the plant and pouring into the ground around it a combo of pesticides (pyrethroid + neonicotinic) every 20 days, supposedly to kill and repel the termites. I don't know if these termites have developed resistance against these pesticides, or they are attacking an already dead plant that doesn't have its "juices" flowing and spreading the neonicotinic inside the plant. Then maybe the true reason for the plant's death is some soil fungus that rots the rootball, perhaps helped by overwatering.
Ive encountered neonicotinic resistant root aphids, but I also think that neonicotinics dont accumulate in the root ball as effectively as the top of the plant.

Knothead

Ok folks , need some help . I do not normally grow this type of thick budded indica outdoors in my area ((39*N). Iv spent hours defoliating since they are so thick and full of healthy leaves . Wondering how long til these PCK clones start to finish . So far zero bud issues 🤞 . I was thinking maybe 2 weeks 10/4 . I am in no hurry to harvest until fully mature for maximum potency and effect .
We sometimes let certain strains run up until Halloween if they last that long and need it , so I know the deal .
Its gonna be a tough choice but I might dedicate a whole one of these PCK to harvest the fresh live rosin (bubble hash) for dabs . Will be great medicine .
Thoughts ?
I’m usually risk averse outdoors so I harvest when the weather suits. I’m at 37* eastern us and took down the PCKs in the garden about a week ago before that SC storm hit. Been raining and drizzly since then but I didn’t finish the lowest 3 branches, they have been laying in the dirt for a week. These plants have lived their whole life in the ground and flowered naturally.
IMG_0172.jpeg
IMG_0171.jpeg

If you look close you can see the dirt all over, but no rot that I can see. I left one of my clones on the deck last year and it took upper 20s to kill it.
So while I don’t have a lot of experience I can say that my issue Is with the weight of the buds breaking branches off when it gets wet. I’m going to give these buds a bath and hang them to dry, get back to you in a couple of months. 😁

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
One plant has been harvested already, pic from a week ago

View attachment 19063095
Couple more that will fall before any bad weather View attachment 19063096
Hurricane Debby folded all of them over and theyhad to be propped and tied and taped back up. The smaller on the right was fully green a couple of days ago but unseasonably cool temps in the 40s added some color although some colas are still green View attachment 19063098
Big one more color. Buds on this one are huge

View attachment 19063099

Yours were looking incredible as well in early Sept @Knothead despite the storms and hurricanes, much more advanced than here and i'm just 2º northern than you.

Regarding plants that suddenly die in that way, it's usually due to overfertilization or root fungal disease. If you managed to remove the dead plants easily from the soil, then it's most likely root fungal disease.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thoughts ?

Looking lovely and very well developed by the 3rd week of September @Eastcoastcookies that's usually the week we harvest PCK here at 39ºN. Yours looked like they just needed 2 more weeks since the pics were taken. Have you already harvested them? Curious to know your opinion on Purple PCK vs Violeta :)

Fumadillo

PCK púrpura en todo su esplendor, crecido y plantado en el suelo @Fumadillo ¡Qué belleza!:humo:
¿Son estas fotos recientes? ¿Cuál es tu latitud?
hola dubi un palcer que te gusten
Están cultivadas en Galicia, España, alado del mar

y son fotos con un par de semanas que las coseche
lo único malo que de 10 semillas solo salieron 3 hembras

Fumadillo

Si no es la primera que las cultivo aguantan bien la humedad y su sabor aroma tb es muy especial
es de mis plantas preferidas con la extinta x18 estoy barajando llenar el huerto el año que biene de pck
25 o 50 SEMis necesitare