What's new

Pakistan Chitral Kush

Chills

Just went out to the garden after reading your post and pulled up the plant that checked out first….plant pulled from the ground like it had no roots. No insects or damage from insects that I could see. Plant had been looking dead for a while so I decided to try one of the ones that still had some green in the buds….pulled as easy as the fully dead one! Next I tried the stalk left from the one I harvested last week….not wanting a hernia I gave up without budging it an inch!
Don’t know if it’s insects or disease but it’s certainly one or the other. View attachment 19063199

Hope it doesn’t get my LillyxOTH crosses
Sounds like voles. There are also some crickets that do that kind of root damage. (Atleast in Germany...)
Look for holes, try to find loose spots in the ground. Make shure they cant get to your other crops. If you can find their exits or their pathways underground get some gasbombs from the gardensupplystore.

Man that sucks but try to safe the lillyxOTH if its voles (underground mice, dont know the exact wording in english)

EnjoyingLife

Sounds like voles. There are also some crickets that do that kind of root damage. (Atleast in Germany...)
Look for holes, try to find loose spots in the ground. Make shure they cant get to your other crops. If you can find their exits or their pathways underground get some gasbombs from the gardensupplystore.

Man that sucks but try to safe the lillyxOTH if its voles (underground mice, dont know the exact wording in english)
Voles is correct afaik - not knowing the exact wording in English.
I am by no means the one to say what's effecting these plants.

yoss33

Veteran
A few years ago I lost a big plant (quickly died in a similar way) to corn borers - upon "autopsy" many of its big branches and the main stem had holes full of borer shit that invites fungi, which kill the plant... So, I've been spraying with pesticides and the following seasons I didn't see any corn borer (you can see the hole in the stem where it enters), and yet, last year I lost 2 big plants (one of them 75% PCK) and this year I lost one big plant in a similar way. This time, in all 3 cases, the rootball was rotting (you can easily pull the plant out of the ground, as described) and full of termites eating it... This year I had termites even up in the main stem and inside the lower branches. Which was a shock, as this year I've been splaying the plant and pouring into the ground around it a combo of pesticides (pyrethroid + neonicotinic) every 20 days, supposedly to kill and repel the termites. I don't know if these termites have developed resistance against these pesticides, or they are attacking an already dead plant that doesn't have its "juices" flowing and spreading the neonicotinic inside the plant. Then maybe the true reason for the plant's death is some soil fungus that rots the rootball, perhaps helped by overwatering.

Wuachuma

When I worked for the Rockefeller's farm in NY last year, we had a lot of loss to corn borers, and they said even more the years before I got there.
If it were voles, if expect to see wilting from root damage before leaf death.
With borers, they obstruct the vascular tissue and fill the stalks with their poop.
They come in on tiny moths, which also bring in other bugs like termites and such.
BT and BTi are the way to go.
Check your main stalks. Any signs of bugs in there?
Corn borer has been hitting the US real hard the last 2 yrs, kills the plant real quick.

Sorry for your loss - this is devastating

Eastcoastcookies

Can see the shape / structure of these bad ass PCK’s in this night shot . Buds filling in rapidly . Smell like grapes at the moment and def starting to get frosty . A buddy has one of these cuttings in a 150 gallon grow bag full sunlight so we are praying that one makes it along for a few more weeks til mature .

Attachments

• IMG_2876.jpeg
    IMG_2876.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
Can see the shape / structure of these bad ass PCK’s in this night shot . Buds filling in rapidly . Smell like grapes at the moment and def starting to get frosty . A buddy has one of these cuttings in a 150 gallon grow bag full sunlight so we are praying that one makes it along for a few more weeks til mature .
🤞

Latest posts

Latest posts