What's new

Pakistan Chitral Kush

kamyo

Veteran
Here she is at maybe 5 or 6 weeks. I didn't grow her very well, but she gets fat and purple, that's for sure. The cutting I took for a mom rooted fine, but the shoots all sort of died off at the node, so no real place for the new growth to form. Still keeping her alive in hopes I get a decent branch for another cutting. But just in case, popped the rest of my PCK fems to see what I come up with. She's a great plant to keep around, that's for sure. Will probably reverse one of the girls and make some seeds for a rainy day.
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi kamyo,

I appreciate your efforts on exploring both: pure PCK and your own PCK hybrids :yes: As i guess you have experienced, PCK has many qualities but potency is moderate in pure form, although her hybrids can be quite strong, especially when PCK is outcrossed with powerful and highly worked sativa strains like Panama or Malawi.

Anyway, pure PCK is an amazing breeding tool as it has been demonstrated in countless PCK hybrids produced up to date by us or by others. All the best with upcoming selections!

Here she is at maybe 5 or 6 weeks. I didn't grow her very well, but she gets fat and purple, that's for sure. The cutting I took for a mom rooted fine, but the shoots all sort of died off at the node, so no real place for the new growth to form. Still keeping her alive in hopes I get a decent branch for another cutting. But just in case, popped the rest of my PCK fems to see what I come up with. She's a great plant to keep around, that's for sure. Will probably reverse one of the girls and make some seeds for a rainy day.
View Image

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi hush,

Most pure PCK phenos (green and purple) have a very columnar growth and produce a low/moderate yield, so it's not the most suitable strain in pure form for good yielding SCROG indoor grows.

Pure PCK expressions more related in growth to our purple PCK 2002 mother (like the one from Theorganicguy) may produce better branching and longer node spacing and would work ok, but for SCROGs it's much better to grow sativa x PCK hybrids like Malawi x PCK, this F1 is perfect for that and has all the PCK qualities, but much better potency, higher yields and more complex terpene profiles and effects.

Has anyone run PCK in a SCROG setup? Or LST? Just curious.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for keeping us updated with your final results goldmund :)

Glad your purple PCK pheno performed well at your latitude and climate, finishing with barely no botrytis. Wish you are enjoying with your harvest!

sorry dubi ,i haven't been around for a while, PCK performed quite well here in a rainy situation at 48N ,i chopped the plant between 10 and 20 of october , despite dense nuggets on my biggest green phéno, i had just a litle botrytis

kamyo

Veteran
Hi kamyo,

I appreciate your efforts on exploring both: pure PCK and your own PCK hybrids :yes: As i guess you have experienced, PCK has many qualities but potency is moderate in pure form, although her hybrids can be quite strong, especially when PCK is outcrossed with powerful and highly worked sativa strains like Panama or Malawi.

Anyway, pure PCK is an amazing breeding tool as it has been demonstrated in countless PCK hybrids produced up to date by us or by others. All the best with upcoming selections!

Thanks for the kind words, dubi. She's definitely a special plant. Sadly, the fat purple cutting and reveg didn't work out, but I have another PCK mom that I think will be just fine. She's about 7-10 days in 12/12 and should start flowering soon. Never had a PCK plant I didn't love.

kamyo

Veteran
Sorry, not entirely on topic, but thought I'd share the cross. Not pure PCK, and certainly not purple (yet), but here's a couple of the PCK/PanamaDC (pheno #13) about 5.5 weeks into 12/12. Not much pck comes through in this cross, but I suppose that isn't a surprise when you combine 3 very stable and worked lines. Something has to give. Looks like Panama really comes through, but PCK keeps the size and amount of leaf down a bit. It also probably helps with the color that some buds get later in flower. Not crazy colors, but it's there; could also be DC helping with that. The effect is good. Taken a week or two early, it feels like Adderall, followed by a sort of drunk feeling (lack of coordination), followed by a nice relaxing effect.

This girl is pregnant on lower branches with F2 seeds. I suspect that I will run into some really interesting phenos when I grow those out. Will be particularly looking for colorful individuals more on the PCK/DC side. The dad had heavy whorled phyllotaxy starting at the at the 4th node - 4 fans per node, although it doesn't seem to carry through on the shoots.

Will likely cross back to my PCK mom at some point. Also have some Deep Chunk coming in from KOS. That should be fun to mix with the PCK.
picture.php

picture.php

Ras Pablo

Veteran
(PCK/Purple Passion F2) x F-13, just a seed I sprouted because it was opening at the time I was selecting the matured seeds for storing.

The female used was just a "commun" pink Pakistan Chitral crossed with a Purple Passion #7 F2. Non of the parents are selected cuts that would be used for hybridation purposes. Let's call it fait maison random crosses.

Just 25% PCK. In a blind tasting you coud find the vintage, varietal and appellation.
I see more and more new strains been sold using PCK in a way or another. The very least they could do is been transparent with the genetics origin...

(PCK/PP) x F13

picture.php

picture.php

Get only originals
:tiphat:
Ras.

kamyo

Veteran
I see more and more new strains been sold using PCK in a way or another. The very least they could do is been transparent with the genetics origin...

Get only originals

I've noticed this too, and suspected that it was the case for quite a while. It's obviously not the only thing that breeds color nowadays, but it does it better than most. As special as she is, I never understood why people don't talk about her more, especially as a parent in a cross. Oh well, more for us, I guess.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really beautiful Ras,

PCK traits and colors are unmistakable in that hybrid despite being only 25 % PCK.
I always wondered how a hybrid between PCK and DJ Short lines would perform.
Certainly they will be interesting regarding colors, resins, terpenes, flowering times and mold resistance, but probably too much indica in the mix to produce more desirable flower/leaf ratios and improved flower structures. In my experience, PCK hybrids perform much better regarding flower structures when PCK is crossed with sativas, Malawi x PCK is a good example of this.

And you are right, it is so obvious that PCK is being widely used in Europe and North America to produce colorful hybrids. I could make a long list naming them but i prefer to keep it for myself. That's fine, what it is annoying is most of them don't want to recognize they are using PCK in their breeding, and instead of that they use new fancy names to hide the real genetic background, not even naming PCK in the strain descriptions.

kamyo

Veteran
I have a gut feeling that we'll see a resurgence of (interest in) more landrace/inbred/pure varieties soon. I think we can only milk another couple years of crossing everything with their cousins before it all becomes too homogeneous and boring. Strange that these "exotics" are ubiquitous; kind of contradictory, I think. In that regard, Ace is in a fantastic spot, and I'm sure people will flock to (and recognize) PCK.

That's what I'm betting on, at least. Also, just threw down 5 PCK reg seeds. Going to give them a few weeks in veg, then throw them into flower.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi kamyo,

To be honest and to give credit where it's due, i consider the latest Kush breeding in North America as the maximum refinement of indoor hashplant indicas that mankind has ever produced, but i have the feeling that the peak of this refinement of remixes within the Cookies/OG Kush/Diesel genepool is being reached, and i concur with you that radically different genetics will need to get introduced in order to create something really new and interesting, and for that landraces are totally relevant, especially to find new chemotypes with rarer/less frequent cannabinoids (since most of the western marijuana breeding has been strongly selected towards high THC/low CBD chemotypes), and also to find new terpenes and terpene profiles.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
New Pakistan Chitral Kush cannabinoid and terpene analyses

New Pakistan Chitral Kush cannabinoid and terpene analyses

Back on PCK topic,

We have recently received new interesting cannabinoid and terpene results from Canada performed over the offspring from our PCK regular release, arising new interesting results, much higher THC content (15-17,3 %) and very high geraniol content.

I attach the results.

THC: 15-18 %
CBD: 0.07 %
CBG: 0.16 %

It contains the following monoterpenes: very high geraniol content, followed by moderate amounts of terpinolene, and small amounts of limonene, beta pinene, terpinene, beta myrcene, alpha pinene, p cymene, eucalyptol, carene, cis ocimene and camphene.

Sesquiterpenes: very high alpha humulene content, and moderate amounts of beta caryophyllene and nerolidol.

The strain descriptions on our website have been updated, also the info posted on the 'ACE Seeds' strains - cannabinoid and terpene analysis' thread regarding PCK:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7979764&postcount=25

Thank you very much to Cameron for sharing them :yes:

Attachments

• PCK Pink cannabinoid and terpene anlyses.jpg
    PCK Pink cannabinoid and terpene anlyses.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Purple PCK cannabinoid and terpene anlyses.jpg
    Purple PCK cannabinoid and terpene anlyses.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 48

rolandomota

Veteran
Cool deal with pck x dj short I got a bunch of violeta and Malawi x pck crossed to Newberry male all mom's were the purple pheno also a few malawi pck crossed to golden tiger I got a few going right now but no labels lol doh! ( Homer simpson)

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Thank you CARCHOFA, I've been working with Kaiki's Pakistan Chitral Kush for almost 15 years now. We sprouted many seeds, I got many different clones from Spanish fellows and great French growers (Cristallin, Breizou) my goal is keep the line openned and fresh, purples, blacks, greens and pinks all together.

This line has inspired me and given lots of love and great surprises. It is one of the best genuine expressions of Pakistan plants I have encountered (and we grew quite a few PTK from Tom Hill and some X-18) has been said thousands of times is one of the best breeding tools around to shorten flowering and improve terpenes in it's natural pure form, plus adding ofcourse the purple tones.

picture.php

:tiphat:
Ras.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That red male is astonishing Ras Pablo! ;)

I know how much you cherish PCK after working with her for 15 years ... feels like it was yesterday when we met for the first time :huggy:

Best wishes on the new selections of the strain and thanks for widen up the PCK family by germinating those old seeds from different parental plants :yes:

Ras Pablo

Veteran
That red male is astonishing Ras Pablo! ;)

I know how much you cherish PCK after working with her for 15 years ... feels like it was yesterday when we met for the first time :huggy:

Best wishes on the new selections of the strain and thanks for widen up the PCK family by germinating those old seeds from different parental plants :yes:

I still remember bro! Thai 79, VB, Orient Express, those long nights of Panama until 4 am and then going back home riding my bike holy sh*t hehe.

:kiss:
Ras.