What's new

Oysters!

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Need some good ways to prepare fresh oysters.

Going to be doing a big dinner for my Attorney, the first night of the Phish show.

2" thick Prime Bone In Ribeye, Grilled Lobster tails,etc.

I am going to do some oysters to start off with.

I am thinking about grilling some and then baking some Rockefeller?

Yort! Help me out brotha!:wave:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
The gem of the ocean need not feel the flame to be perfect. On the half-shell, with possibly lemon, horseradish= sublime.

They are ok cooked too, but any oysters that come my way are consumed before there is a chance to do more than shuck them.

Oh yes..^^^^^..if they are worthy ,,then raw..simply perfect!!

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Truth. I love raw oysters. Little hot sauce. Down the hatch.

I want something hot though. However, when I go to Florida, always raw... Except when I get them fried!

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
used to grill them, unopened on the fire(grill) used to do them on the beach, when the shell opens they are done takes about 30 secs. or my other fav is breaded and fried. but raw is awesome I love them but the wife can't take it so i fry or Q them Love Yaquina bay oysters.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
One of my favorite cooked oyster recipes...

The Sauce:

1 Stick Unsalted Butter, very soft
1 Pinch Kosher Salt
1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
4 Tbsp Pecorino Romano
1 pinch Cayenne
1 pinch White Pepper
1 Spritz Lemon Juice
1 tsp Minced Italian Parsley

For the Oysters:

1 Dozen Large freshly shucked Oysters on the half shell
1 Recipe of the Sauce, above
Pecorino Romano to finish
Minced Italian Parsley for garnish
Fresh Bread
Lemon wedges

Mix together all of the ingredients.

Heat a charcoal or gas grill until very, very hot. Place the oysters on the hottest spot on the grill and let them cook in their own juices for a few minutes, just until they start to bubble and the edges curl. Top each with a generous portion of the sauce, enough to fill up the shell. When the sauce starts to bubble and sizzle sprinkle each oyster with about a Tbsp of Pecorino Romano. Let the Oysters go until the sauce on the edges of the shells gets nice and brown. Garnish with minced Parsley.

Serve while still sizzling with Lemon wedges and fresh bread.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/DRAGOS-CHARBROILED-OYSTERS-1224482

Last edited:

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
One of my favorite cooked oyster recipes...

The Sauce:

1 Stick Unsalted Butter, very soft
1 Pinch Kosher Salt
1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
4 Tbsp Pecorino Romano
1 pinch Cayenne
1 pinch White Pepper
1 Spritz Lemon Juice
1 tsp Minced Italian Parsley

For the Oysters:

1 Dozen Large freshly shucked Oysters on the half shell
1 Recipe of the Sauce, above
Pecorino Romano to finish
Minced Italian Parsley for garnish
Fresh Bread
Lemon wedges

Mix together all of the ingredients.

Heat a charcoal or gas grill until very, very hot. Place the oysters on the hottest spot on the grill and let them cook in their own juices for a few minutes, just until they start to bubble and the edges curl. Top each with a generous portion of the sauce, enough to fill up the shell. When the sauce starts to bubble and sizzle sprinkle each oyster with about a Tbsp of Pecorino Romano. Let the Oysters go until the sauce on the edges of the shells gets nice and brown. Garnish with minced Parsley.

Serve while still sizzling with Lemon wedges and fresh bread.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/DRAGOS-CHARBROILED-OYSTERS-1224482

Sweet Jesus. I think we have a winner!

Some bacon or prosciutto might go well with it too. I enjoy pig.

U

Ultra Current

Theres a type of oyster from washington state called kumo moto. I eat tbem in boston and they are expensive compared to others. They are sooooooooo gooooooood. Like butter! IMO oysters are the best just plain raw with justba squirt of lemon. Dont drain the ocean water out of them either. Mmmmmmm! I can taste them now.

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
I will be at the mercy of whatever the fish market has. As I don't have enough time to order them.

I will probably do a couple pounds. Since they are just starters.

I might do some with parmigiano, caramelized onions, bacon, little lemon juice. As well.
tumblr_llalms6XlV1qg7b0s

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Next week my brothers and I are taking 2 bushels of selects. We start a fire between some cinders blocks and let it burn down to some good hot coals. Then we ut a sheet of metal over the blocks so it gets hot. then dump on the washed oysters and cover them with damp burlap bags. Let them steam long enough to pop open. Serve with fresh grated horseradish, lemon, and hot sauce. Man o man am I looking forward to those oysters!!!

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I will be at the mercy of whatever the fish market has. As I don't have enough time to order them.

I will probably do a couple pounds. Since they are just starters.

I might do some with parmigiano, caramelized onions, bacon, little lemon juice. As well.
tumblr_llalms6XlV1qg7b0s
Damn those look spot on too!!

N

Nondual

Nix the parmigiano reggiano and get so pecorino romano instead!

I used to travel to Willapa Bay in Washington on a project not too long ago and always indulged in some oysters. Grilled in the shell till they popped opened and a mild sauce to top them off...sweet!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
DAM....i missed out.........bet those where the bombdiggity....
specially if U did the ................I might do some with parmigiano, caramelized onions, bacon, little lemon juice.
that would be the ticket.....F0certain

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Next week my brothers and I are taking 2 bushels of selects. We start a fire between some cinders blocks and let it burn down to some good hot coals. Then we ut a sheet of metal over the blocks so it gets hot. then dump on the washed oysters and cover them with damp burlap bags. Let them steam long enough to pop open. Serve with fresh grated horseradish, lemon, and hot sauce. Man o man am I looking forward to those oysters!!!

Steamers!! Maybe the best way to eat a lot of oysters at one sitting. I picked up two dozen Blue Points this morning and we ate them raw before dinner tonight, but when we buy Apalachicola oysters by the bushel, we usually steam most of them and then top with a multitude of things or just dip in drawn butter.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
Steamers!! Maybe the best way to eat a lot of oysters at one sitting. I picked up two dozen Blue Points this morning and we ate them raw before dinner tonight, but when we buy Apalachicola oysters by the bushel, we usually steam most of them and then top with a multitude of things or just dip in drawn butter.

NEXT time U steam....Use BEER instead of water....
makes for a most divine background flavor in the oyster....

So bobby what was the out come..... success I'd reckon....

Latest posts

Latest posts