What's new

Oysters!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
oh well then..... I got time for ideas and input....try these....

what about long slice...THIN plantains....salted wrapped around oyster w/ toothpick flash fried, and tossed in toasted shredded coconut and salt

or maybe....

DRy Roast sum pecans and toast them....while there hot toss them in Gram Marsala...curry powder....let nuts cool..... and then chop in Robo coupe... til a nice small chopped nut texture....the smaller the better...
drain the oysters ...pat them dry.....now take Egg whites.... and whip them to stiff peaks....use the egg white mixture to dredge the oyster.... then cover w/ the curry roasted pecans.... and flash fry in the deep fry for a minute...or so....divine

next idea

Blanch the oysters in Beer....
fire roast sum Artichoke Bottoms from a can....
use Goat cheese and fresh Chervil.... to make a glue
and assemble ....like a canape.... Art.Bottom-Chevre-oyster last- garnish w/ grated lemon zest

or maybe ...
Saute oyster mushrooms....make oyster Duxelle....get cold....
Drain and Dry RAW oysters....cover raw oyster in Duxelle, and then dip in egg wash followed by crusting in panko... or wrap in fillo.....
flash fry and ....enjoy

I gotta stop ....I'm getting hungry.....

dipping sauce options.....
Wasabi aioli w, cavier lace
Honey-mustard w/ JERK.... all spice works well w/ oysters
Avocado coulee' w/ sun dry tomatos

yortbogey

Veteran
my personal fave would be to make Oyster/Artichoke Stuffing and Stuff the Ribeyes....grilled and then finish in the oven until mid-rare.....
topped w/ Carmilized Maui Sweet Onion.....

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
drooling_homer.gif

yortbogey

Veteran
here is a wild one.........
make egg-wash...
dip raw oyster in flour
then egg-wash...
then using precooked and cooled spaghetti....
once the oyster is good and sticky from the flour /egg glue....
wrap the oyster in a full strand of cooked pasta...enuff to cover the whole oyster and make 1+1/2 full wraps....
then wrap in Pre-blanched bacon strips....
then flash fry....
then toss w/ clarified butter, fresh Parm, and Parsley

N

Nondual

i always eat oysters raw. cooking them ruins them to me.
First time I had em raw was last year and delicious. Still though I like em cooked just enough to firm em up. I eat oysters like twice a week! Next time I get up to Willapa Bay my friends are gonna take me clamming. They know all the great spots. You drive by the bay and piles and piles of oyster shells. I always come home loaded with fresh oysters! You can get buckets of ones out of the shells with little nicks in them and stuff not good enough for retail sale but dirt cheap.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Picked up the wine! Couple of bottles of Nickel & Nickel cab.

EDIT: And the Bourbon! Jefferson's Presidential Select!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts