What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR MAYHEM

refriedbeano

1727507188271.png

Got AI to generate python code to visualize this. As you can see, the weight started off at 130 grams and dropped pretty steadily over the course of 3 days. The status of the marijuana is that it went bone dry and i stuffed it all into this 3D printed jar...
54027096729_1c4d3d074b_w.jpg

I'm making a rosin press so I'll be able to smoke all this. The ending weight is about 34 grams, initial weight was 134 grams, so it would make water content of the buds to be about 75%. But there was still a little bit of moisture trapped inside the buds.
I only messed this up because the other machine, the cannaster, was having problems (I'm overhauling the electronics now). I would've taken the buds out this morning while they were holding the humidity at 70% and had a weight of 55 grams, and used the cannaster to bring down the humidity levels over the course of the next few days. Obviously this isn't ideal, but imagine this machine in a climate controlled room with infinite electricity from the wall. You could probably get it to cover over 6 days in the budcure box, and another 6 days in the cannaster.
I'm going to wait till the temperature drops a bit, hopefully next week, before starting another harvest. The box reached over 100 degrees, so that is no good!

refriedbeano

What a weird day. I woke up and started working on the last part of the Cannaster, and after a few hours I finally got the machine into its final form before trying it out. The way it worked out is that i can only change one variable using the controls (others can be changed in code as needed). So the program has the vacuum pump turning on once an hour unless the humidity gets above a certain threshold, then it will turn on automatically. you can change the "max humdity" variable on the screen. I cap the humidity at 80% and then the pump pulls a vacuum down to 7psi for 3 minutes when either its been an hour or the humidity gets to 80%. So what is happening once i stick my buds in the machine is that the 3 minute vacuum take the humidity down about 20%, and then the buds bring the humidity level up to 80% in about 13 minutes. I've sat around for a while with it and its pretty consistent 13 minutes. I'm thinking by tomorrow it will be pulling once an hour. Then i will decrease the humidity cap to 73% or so for the rest of the day.
So when i was going to my spot and deciding if i should take the bud out of the budcurebox and into the cannaster I hear a very light rapping sound from close by. I waited for about a minute until i confirmed that someone was in my campsite and I was trapped in my grow site. I waited for about 2 hours waiting for them to go away!
54035592757_6482d130ff.jpg

54036451836_308e986a66_w.jpg

So i guess the authority guy is gonna bring in the big equipment to take out all of my aircrete. Hopefully they do not find my nearby growsite! But it was so weird because the plants just stopped smelling a few days ago. Like before the smell would carpet the ground in the vicinity, but now I have to squeeze the buds to smell it. The only thing it could've been is that I ran out of fertilizer a few weeks ago.
Right now I am happy that these machines are so useful to bring in the harvest. The budcurebox seems pretty accurate in keeping up with the moisture evaporation gram by gram. I pulled the buds out this afternoon after it had reached a final weight of 55 grams (out of 120). Last time I had 130 grams dry completely down to 35 grams. They were still wet but the cannaster will handle it overnight tonight.

Latest posts

Latest posts