What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Outdoor/indoor terrace grow

El Timbo

Does anyone know what this flying beastie is? I found it on one of my plants... friend or foe?

DSCF0865[1].JPG

El Timbo

Neither friend nor foe. That's a chinche verde (don't know the english word). In my area we call them Pudenta, because it smells bad when you step on it. Nothing to worry about (y)

Cheers - I looked them up and they apparently like passion flowers - which i have growing beside the cannabis.

funkyhorse

At this part of the world we call it chinche verde as well
It is a very nasty plague coming out of the GMO soybean fields, same as locust
Cypermethrin is very effective against them if the population you have gets out of control
I only saw them praying cannabis males here. After one spray they were gone

El Timbo

Thanks everyone for the info. I've never had one on the terrace before that I know of. No sign of pests in this grow so far - just 15 happy plants!

The Zamaldelicia is the shortest of the lot and has the shortest internodal length - hoping to get a nice healthy harvest from this strain this time round.

DSCF0869[1].JPG

El Timbo

End of daylight at 4-5 weeks.

I've turned the crate round so the fems are on the right now - you can see how they had tilted towards the light. I like to give them a quarter turn every few days but went for a 180 today!

Also nice to see all those pest free undersides of the leaves - top bins! I haven't used any preventative organic insecticides in this grow so far - maybe too hot for them?

DSCF0872[1].JPG

El Timbo

First female preflowers spotted in the Zamaldelicia and the Oaxaca x A5Haze. I gave them a very weak feed of fish mix today.

Wake and bake on the Thai today - great for getting stuff done!