What's new

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
This one was put in the ground may 12th The potential for the in ground plants is just superior, next season I'll be planting early in the ground also. My plan didn't work out this year quite as I originally planned but all is well. My buddy is enjoying this monster.

2024-09-22 18_24_51-d4433530-e7e3-44ee-868f-b634be535552.jfif ‎- Photos.jpg

Probiomer

Any of you knf/LABs serum freaks spray pretty much right up to harvest? My ass is paying for not enough defoliation rn.

I never spray in flower more on principle than any real reason. I think the LABs was helping but I got stranded away from my plants for 3 weeks and I think the drought stress, humidity and airflow all got the best of them.
I do, also BT because i get budworms otherwise. I do bubble hash so i don't worry.

I Care

You’re crushing it blaze one, need a back yard so you can show me how to get down like that.

independent hobby project not sure what it is (identification welcomed) a before photo would have made this worthy of placing in a portfolio. this is just samaritan work and I visit this plant occasionally

IMG_1129.jpeg

fox farms all purpose, Neptunes kelp, expert gardener tomato and veg, epsoma bloom tone, coffee grounds, pure blend pro and jacks tomato in the soil and foliar feedings of jacks tomato.

going to give whatever amount of morbloom makes a ph just above 5.2 and flood it out to see if I get some more color and bud sites before it gets frosted.

Last edited:

mudballs

I don't know but from what I can see you need a lot of compost the more the merrier
No the mound started perfect, nutrient rich sandy loam...and the plant ate what was available then everything else started to breakdown into usable stuff...water helps in the 'depolymerization' even more, until you have sucked every usable thing into the plant...even my perlite chunks are gone from mound core....also a bit of differentiation happens but meh...mostly the plant and biotics turned beautiful sandy loam into a brick of clay below and a huge tree above.
Your soil shouldn't go super depleted like that but the pic is a display of how badly i failed to plan out the plants needs and it just sucked anything convertible out of that pile. Mineralization off the scale! Lol

mudballs

Depolymerization and mineralization is ur keywords new outdoor soil gang...you plan the veg/flower and soil to be just enough...i started that plant under lights April 14th, so i needed a waaaayyy bigger pile...hole shoulda been dug too

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
I personally would try in the same spot, but without making a mound like that. Cannabis develops roots a lot more horizontally than vertically, these plants don't dig that deep like some trees do. So by having a mound like that, the upper part of the rootball's ability to absorb nutrients is kind of wasted, and there's not that much root mass left to dig for nutrients. Maybe this could have led to the premature deficiency issues? Just a thought.
IMG_20240924_000120.jpg

mudballs

I personally would try in the same spot, but without making a mound like that. Cannabis develops roots a lot more horizontally than vertically, these plants don't dig that deep like some trees do. So by having a mound like that, the upper part of the rootball's ability to absorb nutrients is kind of wasted, and there's not that much root mass left to dig for nutrients. Maybe this could have led to the premature deficiency issues? Just a thought.
View attachment 19072028
No the mound was not built to sustain that length of grow and size of plant...it wasn't so much early depletion as mush as it knew that's all the space it had to work with so couldn't go find new sources.
Our plants roots do like horizontal. A wider mound same height would've done the job, but i didn't do it...that was when i started feeding GH liquid nutes, then weeks later realized i cant do this...when i should've just expanded the mound with more soil.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
No the mound was not built to sustain that length of grow and size of plant...it wasn't so much early depletion as mush as it knew that's all the space it had to work with so couldn't go find new sources.
Our plants roots do like horizontal. A wider mound same height would've done the job, but i didn't do it...that was when i started feeding GH liquid nutes, then weeks later realized i cant do this...when i should've just expanded the mound with more soil.
And why not take away the mount altogether? What are the pros? Another major con that comes to my mind, is the top roots are a lot more exposed to the heat and dry air, while roots under the ground can grow further and are cooler and keep moisture better.