What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was a pretty cold day when I did it. Just lazy and cheap I guess. Made hash from expired harvest that's a year old and it was dried out too much initially. I have used ice before. Wasn't much extra room for ice. Would be nice to do it with fresh herb. I don't use concentrates very often, its pretty rare.

Old Piney

Wasn't much extra room for ice
Did you notice much difference with yield? I have made bubble hash because it is just easy compared to dry sift , but not my favorite. How to smoke it it just melts you can't stick it on a pin. It also a pain in the ass to dry properly. My thought recently is to use it to make edibles

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It works well to just put a small piece or 2 on top of moderately packed pipe, but want to make sure it draws air well so its not wasted. Drying bubblehash on cardboard works well. I lean the cardboard at an angle a little bit so it drains excess water out of the wet bubblehash.

I'm not sure what the target moisture content is for bubblehash, or the proper method for drying/ curing. I leave it on top of the fridge on the cardboard for a week and then put it in the fridge wrapped up well to prevent moisture loss. I need to try using it in my oatmeal. What is a dose for hash in edibles? Kind of scares me off, unless its a day off and I'm ready for a ride. :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Overly pure hash is annoying to smoke if its too pure because it catches fire if you're smoking it in a normal pipe and that ruins the flavor. Vaping it works better but that really gums up the vape unless you're sandwiching the has between thick layers of ground flower. Hitting it off a glass plate dab rig works good, but then the plate needs cleaning and leave you wishing you'd made the hash into rosin before dabbing it. Smoking hash rolled in a cigarette or a joint Howard Marks style isn't bad.
That old fashioned low grade chalky Moroccan style brick stuff is better for smoking, its burns to an ash without flaming, but modern bubble bags are so good that you never get enough plant matter in the hash to end up with a low enough purity to prevent the stuff from catching fire when you smoke it. Thats why I dry sift my hash with a single large micron filter, 500 seems a bit big, 250 is a bit too small, but those are what I've got. When I want something super pure I can make the kief into rosin or QWET errrrl. I used to be really into bubble bags because of how well they work, but I found eventually I just don't like the end product all that much and the water takes too much flavor out as well. One time I was making water hash from Mosca's Old Time Bubblegum and the water smelled so good I wanted to drink it, the hash ended up only being kinda OK because so much of the flavor went out with the water. Later on I looked up the flavor chemicals in bubble gum and no surprise a lot of them were quite water soluble.
So anyway thats my rant about why bubble bags are so good that they're useless, freeze your dried buds then smash them in a food processor when they're chilled and brittle and then sift them over fine metal mesh sieve. You'll get better (AKA worse) hash that way.

Heres my last outdoor plant of the season, Swazi x Jägerschnitzel
plant.jpg

Here it is closer up

bud.jpg

Here it is close enough to smell it even though its only 50º out. Weird smell on this one, apples, coffee and windex? Should end up as nice stuff since none of the terps are wafting away on the breeze due to the cold, not that the Swazi x Jägerschnitzel needs help getting loud, this genetics combo really seems to punch particularly hard in terms of being both loud and weird, one of the ones I grew out indoors spring 2021 was the loudest seed I've ever grown out indoors, really strong coffee flavor on that one.
calyx.jpg

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

I just smoke in its sticky dust form without pressing it. A heaping 1/8 teaspoon measuring spoon of it placed on a metal screen. If I have bud of the same kind of flower sometimes I mix the kief with the ground flower. The kief the way I make seems likes its just a pinch stronger than flower, its almost as if anything stronger than flower is overdoing it in terms of loading up a pipe, nicely trimmed ground flower seems to be about the perfect thing to load a pipe with, the kief that I make from my trim & small buds is like a mock version of ground flower, theres lots of particulate leaf matter mixed in with the trichome heads.
I like making hash, I enjoy doing a nice job of the process and getting a nice ball of high purity hash to have to look at or play with, I've done the Frenchy hot bottle technique plenty of times, but its annoying to smoke and I'd rather just stick with nice ground flower, which is already strong enough. Just one or two hits of it will get you crazy high if you haven't smoked in a couple days, if you're smoking all day errrry day then two or three bowls does the same doesn't take too long to smoke.

Eltitoguay

I have faith that your beloved Maria will greet you when you return with all good things.
I need long sleeves and wool coat where i am at 47 lat., that sea & sand look good to me.
From northeast to northwest, views from the roof of my new home in the coast, and the music that is heard from the neighboors in them right now:
IMG_20231118_130721.jpg

IMG_20231118_130728.jpg

IMG_20231118_130736.jpg

IMG_20231118_130741.jpg

IMG_20231118_130809.jpg

IMG_20231118_130752.jpg

IMG_20231118_130804.jpg

"No paso por domi
Destroza mi coraza'o
Y amor mío, si me quieres
Quítame el beso de ama'u
… Ya-ya-ya no paso por domi
Destroza mi coraza'o
Amor mío si me quieres
Quítame el beso de ama'u
Labios...
… Ay, tus labios pa' mí, turu-turai
Tus labios pa' mí, turu-turai
Tus labios pa' mí, turu-turai, ay
… Vengo de tierras lejanas
Donde habitaban los sueños
Como cinelo gitana
Ay, me hago una trenza en el pelo
Ay, yo me visto de lunares
Y cuando salgo yo a bailar
Llevo cositas de mi padre
… Será su pelo
Será su boca
Será su forma de mirarme
Y es porque te llevo dentro
Ay-ay-ay, no puedo aguantarme
Tus labios pa' mí..."

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, yeah the bubble is somewhat quick and easy. Still takes an hour a run, but I would probably smoke more if it was kief. Will have to get some mesh next year.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice flowers! Yeah after 1 month the smoke is incredible, very therapeutic. I have the work smoke with the Sativa Candy Spice phenotypes and the relaxing indicas Deep Chunk x Blueberry and the DC x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush.

I like the Boveda packs, seem to help maintain moisture pretty well in my opinion. I also had some that were too wet and they helped moderate the moisture back to normal levels.

Deep Chunk x Blueberry

full

Eltitoguay

...Well, the truth is that I have had to leave her "as a guerrilla", alone, alone, alone and without anyone to take care of her, because I had to go away to work... I'll see what I find when I can return. ..
You already know that I am not very religious... but just in case, before leaving I went down to the valley, to the capital of my region, and I stopped by the main church and the mosque, to see if they could pray for the good of my María (as if she were a person), who had to leave her alone for a while without any care and... The imam has promised to keep her in mind in his prayers, and the priest has taken out Jesús Resucitado in a procession through the town for me (I gave her a donation so that they could procession with happy music (samba-reggae or something similar) like the character of that María, I told her...)

...I'll tell you if it's any use...

Good weather, @Hombre del mont!... I can't complain either, heh heh... I'm still in Europe, but now further south than you... All day long in short sleeves...
(Today, afternoon; from the same point, towards the West, South, and East):
View attachment 18918877
View attachment 18918880
View attachment 18918879
View attachment 18918878
I'll tell you more, adopted cousin. Good health, you already have luck, heh, heh...

28-Noviembre:
I was able to return home for a few days, due to a break at work.
According to what people tell me here (and I was checking during these days of absence) from November 12, when I left, until yesterday, the temperatures were only 3 or 5 °C lower than those of the coast from where I returned; But a new cold wave means that starting today the minimum nightime temperatures there or, for example, @el mani, will be higher than my daytime maximums for the next few days.
[ The weather for today and the week, in my part of the northern slope of Sierra Morena, which is the highest and coldest in the entire mountain range; Wide oscillation, depending on the day, of nighttime minimums, between 0 and 9 °C (between 32 and 48.5 °F), and daytime maximums in the shade between 11 and 16 °C (between 52 and 61 °F) ] :
Screenshot_2023_1128_122143.png

Screenshot_2023_1128_150428.png

...And the "same cold wave", in the area, for example, of cousin Manisero...;...Up to 25°C (79°F) maximum in the shade...:
Screenshot_2023_1128_151341.png

And this is how I find my two plants, without having received any care since November 11:
Thai A5 Haze fem (A.C.E.); Born on May-1, she has the 4 lower nodes&half (9 lower twigs) pruned. More than 2'25 metres of stem length;
& (Santa Marta's Colombian Red/Santa Marta Gold X Original Haze) S1, (MadMac); (Punto Rojo de Santa Marta / Dorada de Santa Marta X O. Haze)S1 aka (Moño Rojo de Santa Marta / Moño Amarillo de Santa Marta X O. Haze)S1, aka  Cumbiambera. Born on May-16, she has the 5 lower nodes of the stem (10 twigs) pruned. More than 1'65 metres high:
IMG_20231128_112108.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Temperature is 17 F with light snow, season is over, wind chill hit 3 F this morning!

Glad they are growig well still, Eltitoguay! Getting some weight to them now! Never thought they would get fat like that. The A5 looks like it will yield well! I bet the smell lets you know it will be worth the wait.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Green Rush Farms had a good Thanksgiving after being devastated by an accidental house fire. Thanks to the kindness of others he has been able to begin the road to recovery. He's a talented indoor grower.

Eltitoguay

Temperature is 17 F with light snow, season is over, wind chill hit 3 F this morning!

Glad they are growig well still, Eltitoguay! Getting some weight to them now! Never thought they would get fat like that. The A5 looks like it will yield well! I bet the smell lets you know it will be worth the wait.
...That's between -16 and -8 °C! Isn't that a mistake?... Well, so that you can see the enormous difference in climate at three different points, along the same parallel (between 39 and 40 °N, in this case), without much variation in height (I think that I am the tallest of the three, with my 800m/2625):
You're between 3 to 17°F, I'm between 32 to 61°F...and el suertudo del primo El Mani (or me, the day before yesterday , between 45 to 79°F...

Latest posts

Latest posts