What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

therevverend

Veteran
Happy 4th of July!! One of the best holidays because it's one of the best holidays to get loaded. Not this year though. I was drinking Rebel Yell Kentucky bourbon and smoking hashish at my friend's wedding reception last night so I'm staying mellow today. Smoking ganja and drinking Fijian Kava root. As soon as it gets dark the mortars start, usually until 3 AM so I'm hoping the kava keeps me doped through all that.

Is it too late. That's what some are thinking. Where I am in the UK, my season usually ends with rain around the 5th-10th of September. Just over 9 weeks from now. So we are well timed for Auto's still. Down south some semi's are still viable. However traditional photo plants are a bit late to be germinating.

If you're planting cuts you're still okay, I wouldn't want to be germinating seeds this late. Unless they're in containers you can move back indoors to finish. The cuts still have July to get bigger without any of the cool rainy spring weather to slow them down. You can't have any setbacks though, they need to get their roots down and GO. If they get munched or stunted or whatever you're out of luck.

My weather in the PNW used to be similar to the UK, I'd want to harvest by September 23rd or lose everything to mold. Now I'm harvesting with mold losses but plenty of mold free flower on October 20th. Having mold resistant strains and knowing tricks to avoid mold makes a big difference for me as well. Local conditions make a huge difference. Years that I've done great my friend 15 miles away has had total failures.

Great looking lineup @revegeta666 . Should be amazing in your climate.

Got some great lines going there! Super Ape sounds really good! What is the Goji OG? OG Kush is a great potent line, must be a good plant!

What is in the Strange Brew? I think you posted what it was the other day. Upright growth pattern is a good indicator of indica influence from what I have seen. I like skunk.
The Goji OG is Bodhi's 'flagship' strain, the one that caught everyone's attention. Nepali OG X Snow Lotus. It's a fun one because there's several interesting phenotypes that can pop up. The mix of smells is very interesting, from creamy butterscotch to anise to lavender to goji berry to more of a spicy OG thing. The purple stalked one I have is rare, I'm excited to see what she's going to put out.

Strange Brew is Sweet Skunk X Snow Lotus. She's shifted gears, growing with all kinds of vigor now. Popped up to head high by the 4th of July. Since the picture I' posted last week she's stacked on quite a bit of height.

View media item 18711612
The last few years every July I have a strange wilting disease. This is similar but different from what I was writing about before, how new transplants can struggle a bit and wilt even when they have water. This happens to vigorous plants that are doing great, suddenly a few branches near the top start to wilt in a bad way in the midday heat. When the soil is saturated with water.

One of the symptoms is that they don't take up water, the roots stay wet. The tendency is to want to water them more but that's wrong, the best solution is to let the soil dry out completely. The pattern for a healthy plant is to have a 'ring' of wet soil around the dry spot in the middle where the root ball is. In this case the rootball stays wet and the plant doesn't uptake water. The fan leaves start yellowing in an irregular way, with one side having a necrotic tip and hanging yellow fingers while some of the fingers stay green with yellow blotches.

This is happening to what was one of my best most vigorous plants. Huckleberry punch X (Buddha's sister x SSH). I believe it's entirely random which plant gets hit by this disease. It's never more than one or two that get it. Always starts when the temperature is humid and starts to climb above 80 degrees F. Here's what it looks like.

View media item 18711616
View media item 18711615
View media item 18711614
The only cure is to let the soil dry out completely. Remove some of the yellowing leaves and hope she recovers. It sucks that this plant got hit, one of my best smelling and one I got in very early. Had the potential to get huge. Now it's likely it'll be stunted although it could snap out of it and take off any time.

My little Tirah Valley hashplants are looking great. They remind me of Purple Urkle quite a bit. They aren't the fastest growing plants, they're stocky little Indicas that smell like potent hashish.

View media item 18711613
View media item 18711618
View media item 18711617

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went out to scout for preflowers and got some males out. Forgot to get updates of a couple plants, they were buried in there but were easier to see once some of the males were out. Found another select male for pollination of Sativa Candy Chunk which is branchy with short internodes. Kind of excited about it because it fits the desired structure I'm looking for and those traits often are linked with the medical indica phenotypes.

While I was out there a pop-up thunderstorm showed up and showered on me a couple times. Was kind of caught out in the field under the trees at the garden, but it was a great time to relax and watch the rain fall and enjoy watching the plants get a little rain. It only amounted to about a tenth of an inch probably, but will give the plants a boost topping up soil moisture a little bit.

With several days of rain and some hot humid weather, a few of the plants are developing foliar disease. Seeing dark shiny spots that look wet and wilted. Its a water-speading foliar disease, I recognize it, but its a little worse than usual on a few of the lower leaves. Went through and removed the worst ones, and will be back to monitor in a couple days. The newer leave in the upper portion of the foliage is all untouched, which is what I usually see with this disease, but have to keep it in check by removing diseased tissues.

Couple new views:

X-Mas Bud! Was missing this plant! Used to be very small! :smoke:

full

Paradise Cheese x Hindu Kush

full

Sativa Candy Chunk Champion Male #2

full

The abundant life of the Lord

full

EarlyHour

Hey everyone I’m new here, just wanted to post some pics of my outdoor project this year!
Growing out in the PNW

Some Kumaoni from RSC in the big pots, a very interesting grow so far! Very big leaves and sturdy plants. One of them topped itself and all are growing very quickly. Started on June 9th!
107184BA-84C9-4F9C-99BC-B193EA4623A7.jpeg

82093D1C-A310-4352-8F1F-71B345FB9E19.jpeg
936B191C-C3F8-4C12-873F-75CDC7A391EA.jpeg

The rest are from some seeds given to me by a neighbor with a pollinated plant last year (old dude who didn’t cull off the males) and so I’m unsure of the genetics. One set were labeled “My Seeds” and the other were labeled “My Purple Seeds”. So I popped a number of each and doing a little pheno hunt
FBB6C124-BA48-4A72-9F56-E690D6ECA073.jpeg

And lastly I have some Caramel Cream Autos from Humboldt Seed Company looking pretty happy
A7E52307-B941-40CF-BC38-06244A7D01E0.jpeg
4C45415C-F9E4-4D7E-A7BB-C23EC1533A09.jpeg

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Hey everyone I’m new here, just wanted to post some pics of my outdoor project this year!
Growing out in the PNW

Some Kumaoni from RSC in the big pots, a very interesting grow so far! Very big leaves and sturdy plants. One of them topped itself and all are growing very quickly. Started on June 9th! View attachment 18861941
View attachment 18861942 View attachment 18861946
The rest are from some seeds given to me by a neighbor with a pollinated plant last year (old dude who didn’t cull off the males) and so I’m unsure of the genetics. One set were labeled “My Seeds” and the other were labeled “My Purple Seeds”. So I popped a number of each and doing a little pheno hunt
View attachment 18861943
And lastly I have some Caramel Cream Autos from Humboldt Seed Company looking pretty happy
View attachment 18861944 View attachment 18861945
Welcome to the thread, and to the forum! Are most of them sexed by now?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
doubt I will need any, it's a teaching thing, just trying to train the next generation...

looking good over there a week ago.
View attachment 18861971

plus I get dog play.

View attachment 18861972

I'll survive, cut me some drains.

View attachment 18861973

Bed 1 is finally growing nice.

View attachment 18861974

me too, create new beds. was a shitty week for it tho, crazy hot.

View attachment 18861975

View attachment 18861976

View attachment 18861977

View attachment 18861978

got 8 plants in tonight before dark, room for 20 or so.
it's up out of flood range and should work nice, will have the best morning sun of any of my plots.

View attachment 18861979

enjoying the fruits of last years labor...

View attachment 18861980

therevverend

Veteran
Some Kumaoni from RSC in the big pots, a very interesting grow so far! Very big leaves and sturdy plants. One of them topped itself and all are growing very quickly. Started on June 9th!

Looking good so far. I grew out the Kumaoni from RSC a few years back. Very vigorous big plants but watch out for hermaphrodites. I had Auto seeds, wish I'd started some in April and May. I always overplant my regular seeds so I don't have room for the Autos.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great! Why did you wait so late to plant the autos? They really shine when planted in the spring for those early harvests.

If you run out of table use the car for a growing bench! Country style, I like it! :smoke:

EarlyHour

Welcome to the thread, and to the forum! Are most of them sexed by now?
Just about! The ones labeled Oregon Mix (“My Seeds”) and the ones labeled Purps Mix (“My Purple Seeds”) are all just about sexed, there’s I think maybe 6 not showing sex yet. Checking every day at this point!
Looking good so far. I grew out the Kumaoni from RSC a few years back. Very vigorous big plants but watch out for hermaphrodites. I had Auto seeds, wish I'd started some in April and May. I always overplant my regular seeds so I don't have room for the Autos.
Thank you! Good to know about the herms, I’ll keep an eye out! They are definitely getting big, started a month later than the rest and they’re twice the size already haha
Looking great! Why did you wait so late to plant the autos? They really shine when planted in the spring for those early harvests.

If you run out of table use the car for a growing bench! Country style, I like it! :smoke:
Thanks! This is my first time running autos and I definitely had a few things to learn lol. Planted in too small a pot to start, and started too late. Also a budget thing, (fuckin inflation) trying to squeeze the money out of the budget for the seeds! I am impressed though and next year I’ll definitely be running more autos earlier

el mani

Veteran
Hola a todos...
last tuesday we had a horrible storm of dry hail, with pieces the size of ping pong balls, followed by strong wind with water.
As a result, multiple losses in the orchard, the plants were also badly damaged with broken branches and pierced leaves.
But after the storm the sun comes out, they seem to be recovering well.

SSSTN from @ojd
full

CBG destroyers

full

Spice of Life Sweet Blue (the most batered for the hail)
full

Karma G BD75Hz
full

Melochi

full

@Oldman Green GSC x w. Widow90

full

Sour peach rignz

full

CBG peyote purple
full

DNA. Strawberry banana
full

Sombica
full

Salu2

40degsouth

Hey everyone.
Well we’ve got through the winter solstice here and so far it really hasn’t been that cold just gloomy. I’ve started amending the beds and getting things ready for spring and it always brings me an enormous sense of wellbeing, during the depths of winter and gives me something to look forward to.
That’s a crazy disease Thereverand l can’t say I’ve seen that one before. The fusarium l get here can make a branch, or certain parts of the plant wilt but nothing like that.
This last year I trialled using eucalyptus oil on the wound to try to stop the advance of the disease and it worked on two different plants.
First off l wrapped the trunk in cloth and then wrapped that up with sticky tape, l then injected, or just let drip in, 10ml of the oil onto the cloth every day.
I’ve started the winter trials of the Blackdogs and I decided to go with the Bx3, three male open pollination and the Bx2’s-Ix1, three male open pollination. These plants will represent seven years of work and I’ve planted just over 100 of each and I’ll, of course, end up with two or three of each.
Some of the Bx3 seeds are starting to look like the originals, with a defined rib running down the shell but the Bx2 ix1’s are more like the sativa male, Golden Tiger and are very small.
Anyway keep up the great work and I’m enjoying all your pictures,
Cheers,
4AED9018-404E-41FE-9A46-D48EF07820FF.jpeg

Attachments

• 56845CB2-A309-4901-AD4E-3EC404BA2BBC.jpeg
    56845CB2-A309-4901-AD4E-3EC404BA2BBC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going to be making a lot of resin out there! Those are getting some form to them, going to be lots of heads on those! Thats what you do when you find a good pheno, spread the love!

We were blessed with a good rain of 1.5-2 inches this morning! I'm a little sore this week after hustling out mowing work and picking up sticks from all the storms, so the Lord is letting me rest! Now I can focus on my garden work. Lots to do, scouting for males to cull so my girls can grow out can look like that! Need to inspect for leaf disease, was getting a little bit of an outbreak from all the wet weather, but it dried out this week thankfully.

If in doubt cut it out! Remove diseased leaves/tissues early to prevent spread of the infection! :smoke:

full