What's new

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

el mani

Veteran
Another week with excellent weather, in the field the seeds that have fallen germinate naturally.
At home the seedbed shows almost 100% success.
Especially in the oldest ones, in which I trusted the least....

Salu2

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need to check for volunteers. Yay more plants, didn't think about that when I planted seed this afternoon. We can make room! :smoke:

Been growing exclusively the Sativa Candy Spice for so many years its on F12 now and I decided to get some new stock.

Doing a reproduction of Deep Chunk with as many males as possible and open pollination crosses with the other strains in the garden!

Deep Chunk IBL Tom Hill 2003--Humboldt CSI

Deep Chunk Tom Hill 2008 F2

Sativa Candy Chunk F12 (keepers)

Sativa Candy Chunk 'Medical Indica' F12 (keepers)

BC Pinewarp (Texada Timewarp x Purple Pineberry

Sour Bubble F2

Paradise Cheese x Hindu Kush

Early Skunk x Lebanese

Peach Ozz x Lebanese

Pine Tar Kush IBL- Humboldt CSI

Kyphi V2-(Jellybreath #3 x Rasberry Muma Queen) Heavy Dayze Genetics

'79 X-mas Bud IBL- Humboldt CSI

Uzbekistani IBL- Humboldt CSI

Sterling Skunk IBL- Humboldt CSI

Pakistani Chitral Kush- Humboldt CSI

full

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Hey everyone,
Looking good 👍 some interesting crosses there Thereverand. I’ll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them.
Thanks for the kind words Chuck Jagerschnitzel, I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the pictures and just for you here’s the big Wam Wam just before l cut a dozen or so of the bigger colas off her.
The resin heads have gone cloudy and she’s probably got another week before the exact harvest window opens, it’s difficult to say but we’ve got four days of drizzle and rain on the way and l get the feeling I’ve pushed her as far as I can without plant health suffering and acceptable losses getting out of balance.
She’s really packed on some nice weight over the last week and the terminal buds have really tightened up nicely.
The smell on the plant is a nice fruity/floral tang that you can smell from about twenty meters away but once you’ve got her all over you, it’s an overwhelming orange zest that’s right in your nose.
I’ve never had orange terps before and I like them. View attachment 18823516 View attachment 18823517 40
Great looking tree with pretty purple flowers. Looks like its gonna be a big job when it comes time to manicure it, all that work keeps a guy really busy and prevents you from smoking your whole stash too rapidly. I was lazy last fall and bagged up a lot of my harvest without finishing the job, put myself on the trim-as-you-go plan. Six months later and I'm still trimming, about 2 or 3 grams as day.

Tynehead Tom

Greenhouse/Light Dep 2023.....
well ..... we are still firmly in winter's grasp here at 52N 3000Ft elevation in B.C. Canada
my lake still has 30 inches of hard ice LOL
20230328_072521 - Copy.jpg

I'm still ice fishing for at least 3 more weeks with the -10C overnight temps

Garden is growing inside though and I have a lot on my plate for light dep 2023 including the following genetics.
OGKB 2.0
Grape Pie
P98 Bubba Kush S1
G13
88g13hp
Legends Ultimate Indica x G13
90' Blues
Rude Dog
Schromba
Long Valley Royal Kush
Biker Kush
Fire OGKB f2
Scoutbreath
Shishkaberry
Pink Kush Bx2
....... and there will be more but have not finalized the rest.

stay green my friends!!!!

EastCoastGambit

I'm about to get in some last of the season snowboarding, though Spring is in the air here in New England. I a little late but will be starting some cabbage seeds and working on my veggie plots. Want to attempt to start my own sweet potato slips this year as well.

As for MJ. I will probably run a few smaller plants outside, I'll post in here. I usually shoot to have them outdoor in June for the light cycle to be correct and will start the seeds for that in May. I crossed Skywalker Kush with Romulan and that is what I intend to grow outdoor.

Peace

Hillbilly69

well ..... we are still firmly in winter's grasp here at 52N 3000Ft elevation in B.C. Canada
View attachment 18824837

Garden is growing inside though and I have a lot on my plate for light dep 2023 including the following genetics.
OGKB 2.0
Grape Pie
P98 Bubba Kush S1
G13
88g13hp
Legends Ultimate Indica x G13
90' Blues
Rude Dog
Schromba
Long Valley Royal Kush
Biker Kush
Fire OGKB f2
Scoutbreath
Shishkaberry
Pink Kush Bx2
....... and there will be more but have not finalized the rest.

stay green my friends!!!!
Same here on the east coast, the lake in front of our place has so much ice I was burning a bunch of brush on it this weekend, buddy showed up on his sidexside lol! Solid 3' of ice still and 2' of snow in places.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1680141473871.png

They were talking about this strain Freakshow on that podcast with @Heavy Dayze, Ive never seen that strain! I have seen ducksfoot and the bastard plant, but this one is cool, would probably do well in heat! They said Freakshow is pretty good smoke, but not as good as regular plants.

Anyone grown freakshow, I searched didn't see much on ICMAG in english. Need to use the google translate.

Last edited:

revegeta666

View attachment 18825064

They were talking about this strain Freakshow on that podcast with @Heavy Dayze, Ive never seen that strain! I have seen ducksfoot and the bastard plant, but this one is cool, would probably do well in heat! They said Freakshow is pretty good smoke, but not as good as regular plants.

Anyone grown freakshow, I searched didn't see much on ICMAG in english. Need to use the google translate.

This strain has been "trending" in Spanish forums for a while now, because of the novelty. A Spanish pirate "breeder" bought a pack and made a reproduction of these (with 3 females and 1 male and no selection) and has been selling the F2s ike they bred the strain themselves. Quite a few people I know have grown these seeds. They sell it as a sativa but apparently theres not a lot of sativa qualities to the effect and it feels more like every other commercial hybrid. Taste is fruity.

I wouldn't spend my time growing this unless for some reason I was very interested in the stealthy mutant leaves. And even then, in flower they apparently stink like skunk plants so the stealth aspect is kind of defeated. Seems like just a gimmick to me especially next to the great stuff you got from CSI.

St. Phatty

View attachment 18824837

I often smoke a little extra before going out to confront COLD weather.

Same for the people who surf at Maverick's or Nelscott Reef.

What is the history of people falling through the ice ? I'd be a little concerned.

Is there a particular tool people carry so they can pull themselves out of the water ?

revegeta666

There are a few companies who focus on mutants:

They all look very cool but the first thing that comes to my mind when seeing this stuff is - if they were bred for leaf shape or variegations, they weren't really bred for quality. If you focus on locking aesthetic traits that are very uncommon, what are the chances that the mutant parentals you chose also happen to taste great and have a great effect? Very slim chance I would imagine, unless they are using huge numbers for their selections. Not to shit on them because they do look cool (y)

Tynehead Tom

I often smoke a little extra before going out to confront COLD weather.

Same for the people who surf at Maverick's or Nelscott Reef.

What is the history of people falling through the ice ? I'd be a little concerned.

Is there a particular tool people carry so they can pull themselves out of the water ?

not many people go thru the ice but I am sure it does happen.
Early season is generally when accidents happen with people a little too eager to take snowmobiles or atvs on the ice. It might be a foot thick where you are but somewhere on the lake it's not. Snow accumulation can also create thin ice conditions in the early season. Lots of people wear ice fishing gear that has a certain level of floatation and hypothermia protection and many of us keep safety tools like ice grips which are plastic handle that fits in your hand and has a small spike sticking out so if you do fall thru you use them to crawl out of the hole. Without those, you won't be getting out of the hole. Late season when the shorelines start to go first, I will wear my mustang inflating vest just in case LOL
Right now you could still cross the lake in a truck but most people don't drive on the lake except for atv's and snowmobiles.