What's new

Outdoor 2024 No $$ Grow

ScythianGold

Veteran
Lilacghani. I have 3. This one is all purple like this. #2 is same structure but all green, maybe a little behind in flowering, and #3 is a Lavender pheno. Earliest flowering one. Sorry no images of those now.

d94e829a-0f1a-4958-9144-af70ca387f86.jpg

ScythianGold

Veteran
These are the Thai Truffles. Very sturdy plants, fast flowering. Smell sweet and stinky. Huge buds, getting lots of mold outdoors right now. Not very good for outdoor but great plants. Would be good to cross to a good outdoor variety to beef it up a bit.

140d7b6b-edf5-46ba-8440-623f1fd4482a.jpg
d14b6fb8-9f13-4130-abef-cde954192b56.jpg

ScythianGold

Veteran
General update. Zen Kush's still have several weeks to go, most are looking good, still look pretty Himalayan dom. Very easy to grow, they are still doing best with fewest broken branches and only 1 is having PM issues. Much less PM so far this year. But more mold.
Super Sativa Skunks also still have a few weeks left. No mold/PM issues. One has very nice purpling.
Somasters are looking rough. Some spots on leaves, but not much mold, no PM. Still need bit more time.
Lilacghanis still need few more weeks. One is all purp flowers. No issues
Criticals are showing little PM, no mold. Buds light/fluffy cause in shadiest spot in the garden. Little more time to harvest.
Thai Truffles are biggest buds I've grown so far I think. Fastest flowering thing in my garden this year. Not sure how much Thai is in there. But buds are huge. Starting to melt due to mold. I just keep chopping areas with mold, mostly the biggest tops. Chop out the mold and freeze. Will cut one in a few days and the other a few days after that.
Blue V2, doing ok, leaves look rough. No mold/PM. Buds small but look nice. Not many branches left and they snap so easily...
As I harvest, I will make fresh frozen bubble hash from the plants. Not a lot of freezer space to need to keep doing batches. As I do, I will use the hash water at the end to water the plants still going, maybe this will boost THC/terps. Garden smells wonderful.

ScythianGold

Veteran
Here are the Super Sativa Skunks. Nice purpling on leaves and purple pistils. Less usual combo. Smells of Acapulco. I have one other one with no purple and is much shorter, but same smell and similar bud structure. Sativa buds like the Acapulco. Both the Colombia and the Acapulco are great but my fav is the Acapulco. Very pleasant smoke. I am curious to see how this crossed to the Critical will turn out. These still have several weeks to go. These have held up very nicely to wind and against pests/mold/pm. Some of the buds are all green, some have purple. The purple probably would not show much in dried flower but looks so nice when alive.
Again these are Snow High's Coco Loco (Colombian Punto Rojo x Acapulco Gold) x Khalifa Genetic Freebie (SSSC Skunk x Balkh Afghan landrace).

93c37f70-1676-4914-bca7-956af4f9a662.jpg
b67c271a-1ad6-42d9-8446-75559f6bc22b.jpg

WyattHerbShiwa

Very true.

Next year I will grow my plants directly seeded in my guerilla spot. No watering, no extra fertility, no pest management.

Think about it: the more plants die = the stronger selection for the tough and adapted = less input needed in the future = less hassle.

Check out adaptation/landrace gardening, Joseph Lofthouse, Shane Simonsen, Going to Seed podcast etc.

View attachment 19033682

View attachment 19033683

View attachment 19033684

View attachment 19033685
I like the darwin approach. Have always uses it, when selecting males for my outdoor plants.
I used to plant like 200 seeds in a flower bank of shit soil. From the first 10 who came up healthy i would select 2-3 males.

ScythianGold

Veteran
Here are some of the full purple budded Lilacghani. Beautiful but too late flowering for me. I like early flwering plants. Smells are good and resistance is good. Plants grow huge and bushy and fall over. Very little mold. I wanted something more afghani/indica. Will see how the effects are.

9a2977d1-86b0-48d6-b4ce-d1a6393c8fd4.jpg
a78c3389-b500-48c4-bd59-dcd2131cdb13.jpg

ScythianGold

Veteran
Purple Lilacghani. 1/3 are purple like this. I see several offspring crossed with Somango 47 with some of this purple in the buds but not this deep/complete purple buds.

22e08063-f682-46c2-95f0-749a9498ab79.jpg
09aab435-ff2f-411f-922a-bb55d17b1d6c.jpg
a50ea4e8-061b-4729-b4bd-ea466b4ef10b.jpg

ScythianGold

Veteran
The plant is looking a bit rough now. It is a huge plant and full of all purple buds. Very ornamental. Plant is probably 9 ft tall and 6 feet wide but had fallen over so about 4 ft tall, and 6x9 wide/long. Harvesting this beautiful beast will be fun.

ScythianGold

Veteran
More Thai Truffles. They are both cut now. Mold was getting too heavy, even for me. Will cut mold out and freeze. Then fresh frozen bubble hash. These were the chunkiest fattest buds I think I have grown outdoors so far. Pretty good against mold for the size. No PM. Very highly rated so far, without having tried the final product yet!!! I was hoping for something more sativa-leaning but this is not bad. I have tried to pollinate with the Kibungan pollen. Will be fun to see how those do.
9fe44405-e3e2-4e42-82c2-dbad8805a93b.jpg
0a0dc351-3a65-4e74-9a82-b609912fbc36.jpg
5a9b8a9a-178f-4d9b-8a27-3ddfb53c8d8e.jpg