What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Original Diesel.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

in your opinion, what's the best out of all the diesels/ chemdogs in terms of the medicinal, euphoric and uplifting internal belly massage thing that they do so well (ime)...

the relief, that after work destress anti- inflammatory decompress feeling without the lethargy...

so far, i've found that a little bit of jj's guava incross mixed with (also top dawg) onycd does the trick... nice and hypnotic without destroying my day (although that's prolly partially my tolerance, i smoke chem stuff morning to night). [that's as far as stuff i can easily get at the moment. there are other really good stardawgs, chem x sour crosses and and chem 91/ chemD strains etc. that work well with my body chemistry]

but i remember the relief, the de-stress feeling from like 2006-9ish from the 'sour diesel' we 'd get in the northeast usa; besides the fact that it stunk to high heaven like NOTHING else, it would get me REALLY nicely hypnotic and functionally chillin but with a stellar head high, very visual and a real gem. almost like a dissociative. very missed.

i remember it looked like the mint green calyxes with the dark green leaflets i've seen on some of the dried sour diesel buds posted around these parts. weird texture when broken up, iirc... but it's been a looong time.
If you miss sour diesel and its effects, I wouldn’t settle for anything less than a real sour diesel clone in my opinion

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@nepalnt21
To me the Sour Diesel clone at 10 weeks is as you mention without the lethargic, 11-12 weeks it goes more to the Original Diesel Potency side with all the things you mention but more Daywrecker and not uplifting at all , more baked.

Sour Diesel is really on the person to decide on the window of harvest they prefer, that gives very different Highs from 9-12

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

yes sir, i really like your description of the effects between the weasel and the notso and i'm wondering how the ecsd compares in your opinion, high- wise
I chucked it once I smoked the Weasel diesel lol. It was really good terps wise, the yield sucked, but the weasel has that uplifting sour high that I preferred with a way better yield, smell, and taste. Notsodog is kinda meh on the terps, but yields huge and has a great high

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

yes sir, i really like your description of the effects between the weasel and the notso and i'm wondering how the ecsd compares in your opinion, high- wise
For what it’s worth, that weasel diesel is called “original diesel, weasel’s cut” but we just call it weasel diesel. It’s definitely the sour diesel I loved smoking 15 years ago. Skunks ass, burnt rubber, diesel fuel, sour funk terps. It’s the most skunky cut I’ve grown, very skunk forward in smell, taste is straight up diesel fuel and sour funk, some burnt rubber and skunk. It’s definitely funky stuff and I plan to keep this cut forever. I also just picked up the cloney sour diesel as I really liked smoking the bud my friend grew
IMG_5398.jpeg
IMG_5399.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4512.jpeg
    IMG_4512.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is my original diesel aka weasel diesel. That’s what it was given to me as and what I know as original diesel. It’s my favorite cut in my stable View attachment 19077571 View attachment 19077574 View attachment 19077575 View attachment 19077577
This not the Original Diesel clone, if anything thats the Sour Diesel aka ECSD.

Again the clone only Original Diesel doesnt throw any purple leaves EVER , the S1's can but never have we seen any purple EVER growing the Original Diesel clone only from anyone .

also
Original Diesel clone doesnt grow foxtails EVER , its grow more Chem like flowers and thats a fact.

ECSD aka Sour Diesel grows more Sativa like than the Original Diesel, and is known to occasionally ( especially organic) to show some purple in leaves in flush or end of her cylcle.

So much misinformation around about the Diesel clone , especially from you who contradicted yourself all the way through this thread changing your story everytime you grow a new Different Diesel cut.

Some of us been growing/breeding the same clone for 15 plus years , before there was all these new names added on to all these cuts

#
( apologies if your not the guy who was growing all the different Diesel cuts 1 after another , each time claiming this is definitely the Original 1 , then each time saying no this is the 1 ) i cant remember if it was you or someone else

Last edited:

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

This not the Original Diesel clone, if anything thats the Sour Diesel aka ECSD.

Original Diesel clone doesnt grow foxtails EVER , its grow more Chem like flowers and thats a fact.

So much misinformation around about the Diesel clone , especially from you who contradicted yourself all the way through this thread changing your story everytime you grow a new cut.

Some of us been growing/breeding the same clone for 15 plus years , before there was all these new names added on to all these cuts
👍

quitelost

Most of what I've seen written on OD is based on different forum cuts, many of which aren't "it" in my humble opinion. So I'd like to share my memories...

My friends and I used to get Original Diesel from a small local NYC "high end" dealer around 2004-05, it was kinda similar to but quite different from the Sour we were getting at the time. From what I remember it was over 400 maybe 450 an OZ and 1400 to 1600 for a qp, too rich for my blood, I would smoke it when my friends bought it. Wish I bought a QP, I still consider it one of the best strains I ever smoked.

When it came around I asked the connect "is this Sour Diesel or NYC Diesel", because I had never heard of Original Diesel in the streets nor on the forums, but the guy insisted, he looked me straight in the eyes and said "This isn't Sour D, this isn’t NYC Diesel it's Original Diesel it's another thing". When he said that the man was standing in his dark trench coat and hat less than 100 meters from an NYC landmark that comes up repeatedly in the various Diesel origin stories.

Original D was never widely circulated even in the local NYC market, I smoked dozens of different examples of "Sour D" in that era and only one Original D. I honestly only smoked it a few times, what I remember is that the flavor was more balanced and nuanced than the other Diesel cuts I've tried, with many diesel cuts the scent/ flavor hits you like a wall, like cheap perfume, the OD we used to smoke was more like expensive perfume with a more balanced and complex flavor profile. But I don't know, this was around 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My friends and I used to get Original Diesel from a small local NYC "high end" dealer around 2004-05, it was similar to but quite different from the Sour we were getting at the time. I remember it was over 400 maybe 450 an OZ and 1400 to 1600 for a qp, too rich for my blood, I would smoke it when my friends bought it. Wish I bought a QP, I still consider it one of the best strains I ever smoked.

When it came around I asked the connect "is this Sour Diesel or NYC Diesel", because I had never heard of Original Diesel on the streets nor on the forums, but the guy insisted, he looked me straight in the eyes and said "This isn't Sour D, this isn’t NYC Diesel it's Original Diesel it's another thing". When he said that the man was standing in his dark trench coat and hat less than 100 meters from an NYC landmark that comes up repeatedly in multiple of the different Diesel origin stories.

I honestly only smoked it a few times, what I remember is that the flavor was more balanced and nuanced than the other Diesel cuts I've tried, with many diesel cuts the scent/ flavor hits you like a wall, like cheap perfume, the OD was like expensive perfume with a more balanced and complex flavor profile. But I don't know, this was around 20 years ago.
The thing is with this Original Diesel clone is hardly anyone has even smoked it let alone grown it.
I belive it was guarded by certain people in NY ( just like we did when we got it , that was a deal between my few i shared it with) and was never given out by the Original NY crew , so it could be the exclusive for there crew( and probably just sold in small quantities just like we did)flowers and especially clones if any were ever sold , and didn't get around like the ECSD ( Sour Diesel) , that got around much more , and many more bag seed also ( the different ECSD cuts , not the same cuts with different names but there at least 2 if not 3 different growing/flowering Sour Diesel (ECSD ) clone only's that I've grown myself ( that get passed as many different names, but many are the same clone) , just some kept in better shape etc and grow better.

We will never get to the bottom of the Diesel story as the original people involve in the Diesel story also all have different versions of what/how it was found , different story's of planned breeding, accidental pollination , could of been this clone that hermie, that clone , etc etc , then go back to the exclusive thing etc that people don't want you to know the real story.

I honestly don't care about the which named cut and never have , just love that loud wall pentrating Diesel Funk and extreme potency it delivers and hunted all forms of it out since first smoking Diesel. Wether called ECSD, Sour Diesel or Original Diesel I'm just a big Diesel fan and 2nd to Haze is my next favourite variety to smoke/grow/breed with so ive always been interested in and any info about it.

It's just we getting older now and there the new younger Diesel nerds( I'm a Diesel Nerd to) who like to rewrite history to the new story and alot of the older Og's can't be bothered with headache of arguing with people online about things ( that's alot of Canna history now) and the young bucks rewrite history and that's it , set in stone.

quitelost

@ojd I agree with most of what you said, I was editing my post as you responded and adding comments that mirror some of what you wrote. I personally hadn't posted in almost a decade before today, it's just that some of these younger people and even older heads are questioning if OD existed because it was so rare and guarded.

Most people have only heard of it through these ever changing stories, and some have even questioned if it ever existed or is just part of the Diesel myth. I just wanted to share a first hand account of smoking that Original Diesel back in the day.

Peace

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ojd I agree with most of what you said, I was editing my post as you responded and adding comments that mirror some of what you wrote. I personally hadn't posted in almost a decade before today, it's just that some of these younger people and even older heads are questioning if OD existed because it was so rare and guarded.

Most people have only heard of it through these ever changing stories, and some have even questioned if it ever existed or is just part of the Diesel myth. I just wanted to share a first hand account of smoking that Original Diesel back in the day.

Peace
Everything you said sounds spot on to what ive researched over the years.
And the Original Diesel clone has been verified by the OG'S who were around when the Diesel scene first came about so it's verified for sure. ( just different acounts/story's from different people)

Thing is since the decline of the more well know Sour Diesel aka ECSD clone only ( due to stress, diseases, pathogens, age, etc etc) people who have amazingly well kept ECSD clone only's are now calling it the Original Diesel instead of the Sour Diesel or ECSD, but they are 2 different things and that's what has confused everyone these days on the Diesel clones.

ECSD aka Sour Diesel grows like it was pollinated with a Sativa hybrid ( offspring also) and Original Diesel clone grows much more Indica leaning (Afghan) S1's show squat plants with huge dark green fan leafs etc) and Original Diesel clone is not an up Sativa High at all , the opposite

Last edited:

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

This is the Weasel Diesel I'm gonna also be running. She looks really really interesting. Different from others I've seen View attachment 18748106
That’s the exact same original diesel cut that I grow! I just did a grow report of this cut and the Notsodog sour diesel. Man she’s an excellent tasting plant, I love that weasel diesel stank. It’s definitely the same cut after seeing these pics, mine just gets crazy foxtaily under hps lights. It’s got that awesome mouth coating flavor that hits the back of your throat too, definitely the best original diesel I’ve had in a long time. It’s cool to see someone else rocking the weasel diesel. Cheers 🍻
IMG_4200.jpeg
IMG_4315.jpeg

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That’s the exact same original diesel cut that I grow! I just did a grow report of this cut and the Notsodog sour diesel. Man she’s an excellent tasting plant, I love that weasel diesel stank. It’s definitely the same cut after seeing these pics, mine just gets crazy foxtaily under hps lights. It’s got that awesome mouth coating flavor that hits the back of your throat too, definitely the best original diesel I’ve had in a long time. It’s cool to see someone else rocking the weasel diesel. Cheers 🍻 View attachment 19078815 View attachment 19078818
That is not the same thing at all 😆 , you need glasses.

For the record that pic the @Dawgz_Daze posted looks closest i ever seen to the Original Diesel clone we work with and use.
Same bud formation, same fan leaf shape/colour, same fade , same Resin look , same 👅 ratio , everything ( That weasel Diesel cut is the cut I'd want if I was looking for the world famous ⛽️)

Nice work growing her @Dawg_Daze 👌 and weasel for keeping her all these years

Last edited:

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

That is not the same thing at all 😆 , you need glasses.

For the record that pic the @Dawgz_Daze posted looks closest i ever seen to the Original Diesel clone we work with and use.
Same bud formation, same fan leaf shape/colour, same fade , same Resin look , same 👅 ratio , everything ( That weasel Diesel cut is the cut I'd want if I was looking for the world famous ⛽️)

Nice work growing her @Dawg_Daze 👌 and weasel for keeping her all these years
I’m not here to debate with you, your sour kush S1 looks nice too Ojd 😊