What's new

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

V

vonforne

And V? would I use the same rate per CF as the Greensand?

I already made the soil mix yesterday, but I got 2 to 3 weeks before use so I would mix some in. I like the sulfer in this product also. I always like sulfer in the soil, at least in our native soil here. I can't speak for "Sunshine Mix #4".

I would mix in small amounts to the soil but I had the best results putting it in the water container and letting it dissolve. That way it gets a little bit each time you water or every other watering. How ever you want. The sulfur is a big plus most over look.

You can contact them and they will send out samples to you for free. It will be two small bottles.....one of the Standard and one of the Premium. Real nice people. When I was in America I had it on the shelf but here in he EU it would cost too much to send. The shipping is more tan the product.

V

ozeek

im sorry i meant lc s mix with recipe #1,ina 5gallon bucket for a outdoor grow,will that be enough nutes for the season if no should i suppliment with gauno im guessing it will be about 5 months outdoors

grapeman

Veteran
I would mix in small amounts to the soil but I had the best results putting it in the water container and letting it dissolve. That way it gets a little bit each time you water or every other watering. How ever you want. The sulfur is a big plus most over look.

You can contact them and they will send out samples to you for free. It will be two small bottles.....one of the Standard and one of the Premium. Real nice people. When I was in America I had it on the shelf but here in he EU it would cost too much to send. The shipping is more tan the product.

V

TY my man for all your suggestions.

grapeman

Veteran
AGGrand Nutes

AGGrand Nutes

Was in LA today and was given the full line of AGGrand organic fertilizers to evaluate.
Made in Wisconsin. Never seen or heard of the product before, but I did see a grow that used the product exclusively with "Light Warrior" soil and a bit of extra perlite. Knocked my socks off.

Seems interesting enough.
Natural Fertilizer - 4-3-3
Liquid Bonemeal - 0-12-0
Natural Kelp + Sulfate of Potash - 0-0-8
Liquid Lime - Made from Dolomite Lime

http://www.aggrand.com/

Any have any experience with these products?

Zendo

Was in LA today and was given the full line of AGGrand organic fertilizers to evaluate.

Any have any experience with these products?

I've never used them, but found something strange. While it does look like an organic product, it is produced by a synthetic giant..AMSOIL??:noway:

Under "contact us", the email addresses are @amsoil.com, and after googling "who owns aggrand", it came up as well.

Whether or not that would affect you using it or not, I don't know, but I just found it interesting.

S

Sirus

Hello all. I am going to go with LC#2 (FFOF) from the first

page, question is do I have to mix everything in a container,

water it then let it sit for a week or so? I believe I have seen this

advised for LC#1 mixes. Appologies in advance if discussed

earlier..I'm only in the 50's with this thread and I'm ready to get

started. :plant grow:

M

mrred

im sorry i meant lc s mix with recipe #1,ina 5gallon bucket for a outdoor grow,will that be enough nutes for the season if no should i suppliment with gauno im guessing it will be about 5 months outdoors

i had a mom in a 5 gallon for at least 3 months in veg then i flowered it so thats about 5 months, worked good, the indonesian guano works pretty good when the plants start to flower, gives it a little boost i think to help it start budding more so it finishes faster if youre season is short

V

vonforne

Hello all. I am going to go with LC#2 (FFOF) from the first

page, question is do I have to mix everything in a container,

water it then let it sit for a week or so? I believe I have seen this

advised for LC#1 mixes. Appologies in advance if discussed

earlier..I'm only in the 50's with this thread and I'm ready to get

started. :plant grow:

LC´s mix 2 is not FFOF.

And yes mix thoroughly dry and then wet and mix again and let sit for a minimum of 2 weeks.

grapeman

Veteran
I've never used them, but found something strange. While it does look like an organic product, it is produced by a synthetic giant..AMSOIL??:noway:

Under "contact us", the email addresses are @amsoil.com, and after googling "who owns aggrand", it came up as well.

Whether or not that would affect you using it or not, I don't know, but I just found it interesting.

Yeah, I think this has to do with their multi-level marketing.

I was just happy about finding a potassium sulfate booster for free.

S

Sirus

Sorry if I got the mix wrong...the first page has LC#2 mix has

FFOF listed. But Im doing whatever LC that uses FFOFor promix,

etc.. Thank you for the response.

Metatron

Sorry if I got the mix wrong...the first page has LC#2 mix has

FFOF listed. But Im doing whatever LC that uses FFOFor promix,

etc.. Thank you for the response.

I'm using the same recipe, make sure to mix lime before perlite, I had deficiencies early on of Mg & Ca.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I disagree. You need a ratio of 1 cup/cu.ft. powdered dolomite lime of total mix. In LC's Mix, you use about 20% perlite. Therefore, you'll be about 20% short of dolomite. The perlite dilutes the dolomite and its effectiveness.
JMO
Burn1

grapeman

Veteran
I disagree. You need a ratio of 1 cup/cu.ft. powdered dolomite lime of total mix. In LC's Mix, you use about 20% perlite. Therefore, you'll be about 20% short of dolomite. The perlite dilutes the dolomite and its effectiveness.
JMO
Burn1

Ha. Not if you are good with math. I figured all the parts to come up with a CF total, then added the Dolomite, Blood, Bone and Kelp as if it already included the perlite in the total and mixed. Then added the remaining perlite to complete the mix. Thus was my question a few pages ago as to the calculations of the mix, which you so kindly answered Mr. B1,

Thanks,

V

vonforne

JMO
Burn1

That is something that I never considered. Thanks for that B1!

Grapeman is a farmer by trade so he is spot on with math from what I have read from him. He is anew convert to Organics and is quit an adept student.

V

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Ok, we are about to start our second run from clone. Our first run is currently in flower and we are screwing it up a little. We have WAY underestimated how we could water with tea and our 5 gallon KIS can't keep up. I have ordered a new pump and am going to build my own larger brewer. But honestly, I can tell that the plants are not getting what they need right now. For this next go around, I want to make sure that we have a solid plan so that we can be on a consistent schedule. I don't want to change anything right now (ie try a different tea or soil formula), I just want to try to dial in this method. But I want to make sure that we have this right.

So LCs soil mix #2 with the following teas:

Seedlings less than 1 month old nute tea mix-
Mix 1 cup earthworm castings into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
Add 5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses.
Use it to water your seedlings with every 3rd watering.

Veg mix-
1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1/3 cup High N Bat Guano (Mexican)
1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings (EWC)
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 1 cup of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Liquid Karma
5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
Use it to water with every 3rd watering.

Flowering nute tea mix:
2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
2/3 cup High P Guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 2 cups of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Liquid Karma
5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
Use it to water with EVERY watering.

So my questions for going into flowering are what feeding schedule should we be on? We are using 7 gallon smart pots and are watering every other day now. So for the first 2 weeks we should still be using the veg tea right? I have read in another thread to go every other watering and then every watering with the veg mix in flower for those two weeks. Is that correct? Just two weeks, or longer with the veg mix? If growing different strains, how do I know which ones want a little more or less? I read that when you see the tips of leaves start to burn that is about right.

Right now in flower we have several different strains. Some look great, others (like cheese) look Horrible. We are going to try to narrow down our strains this run to like 3 so that we don't have as many variables, but still we are not 100% familiar with them yet.

Thanks for the help. I venture out and read alot of the threads in the "non-beginner" parts of this forum and feal dumber and dumber the more I read!