What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

- Opiated Thai Sticks: Myth or Truth? -

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I bet it can be found too but just like here Wally as time goes on those that have it and love to grow it become less and less.

The worse thing that happened to cannabis in Thailand was the handing out of a million High CBD plants and Thais not understanding the difference to those to that of the genetics of the past. Then having all the poly hybrids imported in just added to the decline.

The one thing we can both agree on is the old Thai was the best cannabis special.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Even if the laws remain legal allowing every one to grow, and I think that will be how it plays out as the cat's out of the bag now, in Thailand and even if you were to hand the Thais the genetics from the 70s that made Thai weed famous, the genetics would only be bastardised.

The only way those genetics would survive as is would for them to be grown in very isolated areas/ villages or indoors, where the plants can't be cross contaminated by industrial hemp or by poly hybrids. Then you would also need to protect them from people like Aryan.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I bet it can be found too but just like here Wally as time goes on those that have it and love to grow it become less and less.

The worse thing that happened to cannabis in Thailand was the handing out of a million High CBD plants and Thais not understanding the difference to those to that of the genetics of the past. Then having all the poly hybrids imported in just added to the decline.

The one thing we can both agree on is the old Thai was the best cannabis special.
na i dont think that had a lot of affect to be honest , though i didnt applaud the idea of the cbd plants,
the local stuff was already mostly gone other than in the odd spot ,
and its not to say anyone was going to breed with the stuff , probably unlikely ,
they didnt really do things like us , and the place was totally overwhelmed with laos brick ,
which i wouldnt doubt a lot of stuff being grown was from seed out of that laos brick,
not so much from seed of thai plants 45 plus years ago ...
so the introduction of hybrids and medical grade stuff , wouldnt have done a lot of harm ,

lets face it , we cant tell the thais , or anyone else in thailand what they can or cant grow,
and its only fair they have availability to the same stuff we have to try ,
im sure in time many will think as some of us and go back to their roots ,
that hybrid stuff doesnt stimulate a lot of work , and isnt great to toke in such hot and humid climates because it makes one feel lazy and sleepy , the original thai was go go weed ...
well unless u put opium on it of course , be like putting half a dozen sleeping pills into a cup of coffee i guess ..

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I remember they also told people weed was coated with hash oil in the old days
i did that for Christmas once! bought a couple bags of good weed, picked out the prettiest buds in them, and worked the rest down with pure grain. after the alcohol was gone, i rolled the buds in the oil left behind & wrapped them in foil to give away for presents.