What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Online Landrace Seed Sourcing Archive

Verdant Whisperer

I wanted to share an observation:

Neanderthals and BLD both evolved in cold, harsh climates. They developed adaptations to absorb more nutrients from the sun. In the case of early humans, it was vitamin D; having lighter skin aided in absorbing light. The dark and broader leaves of BLD support the plant in maintaining humidity, heat, and absorbing more sunlight, while the shorter and broader frame of the Cro-Magnon gives them the strength they need for their environment, and their stockier structure insulates them to preserve body heat. Conversely, the Cro-Magnon evolved from Africa and have darker skin to protect themselves from sunburns, along with a slender structure that helps them deal better with excess heat compared to Neanderthals. This is similar to the NLD sativas from equatorial regions that are tall and have thin leaves, supporting their environment.

Verdant Whisperer

I cant find East Africa Genese anywhere. any link? is it at IG?
i've bought from him 2 seperate times he has an instagram with a shashamane video of one of my friends plants. I recommend any kind of dealings with Mike from East Africa genes. I've had nothing but positive experiences and consider him my friend.
Edit: note plant below if from 2nd generation reproduced in similiar enviroment and same area, the first generation that wasnt acclimated was not as strong as the 2nd generation or the first generation reproduced in the other enviroment than ethiopia, if i explained that right. they where stronger plants after the shashamane had one generation to adapt to enviroment.

Last edited:

Airloom

Premium user
I like that guy, he is great and friendly, I had great conversation with him, he offered me some cuts. but for example kona gold or any hawaiian cant be landrace. there are no hawaiian landraces. just for you information. but all of his varieties have some breeding potential thats sure. nice work which deserves respect.
@MAHA KALA that’s good to hear

I stumbled upon his web site by chance and found his photography incredible

I am trying to grow his Uptown Haze and Sawa Shi Shi(?) I haven’t killed them but their shoes are too small

Just a few weeks into flower I also regret not setting up the CMH light to supplement my LED setup. Just turned on the pair of QB288 boards and hopefully that helps

It’s all about learning for me

I found him to be very positive and helpful to this newbie

My first go at running Haze this year and I’ve been humbled again but grateful for this community to keep me going
👨‍🌾

ChemDogLover

These sound particularly interesting. All with possible psychedelic effects.

No place to grow them however, maybe someday.

Kullu Valley(N. India) - Flowering: 16-20 weeks Aroma: anise, garlic, herbs, spices, haze Effects: Strong psychedelic and energetic high.

Burma Mong Hsat (Burma) - Flowering: 16-20 weeks Flavor: Sweet/spicy, cinnamon, pepper, wood, spices, hash, lemongrass and raw mango. Effects: Cerebral, very energetic and psychedelic.

Cambodia Mekong River Delta (Cambodia) - Flowering: 20+ weeks Flavor: Sweet to acrid base with Majorly spicy, floral and lemon grass like smell. Effects: Strongly Euphoric and Psychedelic.

Aaraku Valley Mango (S/E India) - Flowering: around 16 weeks Flavors: Ripe to raw Mango flavor with hints of Spices and several Floral undertones. Effects: Clean Uplifting Head-High, Mildly Psychedelic.

Panama (Central America) - Flowering: 9-12 weeks Flavors: Penetrating organic aroma, mainly lemon, vanilla and incense. In some phenos sweeter, with strawberry aromas. Effects: "Very powerful, psychedelic and long lasting effect. The red pheno usually has a denser and heavier effect, while the green ones provide a much cleaner and energetic experience."

Thai - Flowering: 12-16 weeks Flavors: "A) Fresh, lemon-lime, wood, spices. B) Sweet, creamy, perfumed, floral and musky. C) Strawberry." Effects: "Positive, pleasant, revitalising (physically and psychologically), energetic and euphoric, even psychedelic or more introspective."

Shillong (N/E India) - Flowering: 14-16 weeks Aromas/Flavors: Bitter minty, floral incense. Effects: Energetic sativa with psychedelic effects.

Malawi (E. Africa)- Flowering: 10-13 weeks Flavors: "Strong, concentrated aroma of oil, wood and lemon. Some plants stand out for having more refined sweet carrot and ripe mandarine aromas." Effects: "Extraordinarily powerful, intense and psychedelic, with more than 4 hours of duration. Only recommended for hard and experienced users."

Verdant Whisperer

These sound particularly interesting. All with possible psychedelic effects.

No place to grow them however, maybe someday.

Kullu Valley(N. India) - Flowering: 16-20 weeks Aroma: anise, garlic, herbs, spices, haze Effects: Strong psychedelic and energetic high.

Burma Mong Hsat (Burma) - Flowering: 16-20 weeks Flavor: Sweet/spicy, cinnamon, pepper, wood, spices, hash, lemongrass and raw mango. Effects: Cerebral, very energetic and psychedelic.

Cambodia Mekong River Delta (Cambodia) - Flowering: 20+ weeks Flavor: Sweet to acrid base with Majorly spicy, floral and lemon grass like smell. Effects: Strongly Euphoric and Psychedelic.

Aaraku Valley Mango (S/E India) - Flowering: around 16 weeks Flavors: Ripe to raw Mango flavor with hints of Spices and several Floral undertones. Effects: Clean Uplifting Head-High, Mildly Psychedelic.a

Panama (Central America) - Flowering: 9-12 weeks Flavors: Penetrating organic aroma, mainly lemon, vanilla and incense. In some phenos sweeter, with strawberry aromas. Effects: "Very powerful, psychedelic and long lasting effect. The red pheno usually has a denser and heavier effect, while the green ones provide a much cleaner and energetic experience."

Thai - Flowering: 12-16 weeks Flavors: "A) Fresh, lemon-lime, wood, spices. B) Sweet, creamy, perfumed, floral and musky. C) Strawberry." Effects: "Positive, pleasant, revitalising (physically and psychologically), energetic and euphoric, even psychedelic or more introspective."

Shillong (N/E India) - Flowering: 14-16 weeks Aromas/Flavors: Bitter minty, floral incense. Effects: Energetic sativa with psychedelic effects.

Malawi (E. Africa)- Flowering: 10-13 weeks Flavors: "Strong, concentrated aroma of oil, wood and lemon. Some plants stand out for having more refined sweet carrot and ripe mandarine aromas." Effects: "Extraordinarily powerful, intense and psychedelic, with more than 4 hours of duration. Only recommended for hard and experienced users."
we have similar interest, the Shillong, and Kullu Valley are on my list to get :)

[Cloud Forest] – Shillong (India) x Kullu Valley (India) 10° N [1350m]

Flavor: Herbal; Floral; Spicy THC Level: 10-15%

Shillong 25° N (1500m) Kullu Valley 32° N (1300m)

need4weed

Veteran

Kaleb at Humboldt CSI has several landraces and inbred lines including the Burmese IBL. Check it out!

humboldtcsi.com/

Edit: Ok I saw at the bottom of the first post its on there. Thanks for all this great information you've gathered for us! It makes it easy to compare, and its good to see strains you may not be aware of!

What's the back story on the Burmese? Got any info on that line?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He said its a very long flowering, and can be tricky to get dialed in for some people. Its a thai type sativa-dominant resin profile.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shillong (N/E India) - Flowering: 14-16 weeks Aromas/Flavors: Bitter minty, floral incense. Effects: Energetic sativa with psychedelic effects. Who has this? I saw some ILE lines and ACE in your list. The Kullu is good but imo not great. The Chellakutti tripped me out more with one certain plant.

The ILE Burmese is most likely my favorite trippy type sativa line at the moment. Pleasant high as well. Trippy at lower doses which is all I have done so far, so if I hit it hard sometime, who knows what planet I land on!!

Verdant Whisperer

Shillong (N/E India) - Flowering: 14-16 weeks Aromas/Flavors: Bitter minty, floral incense. Effects: Energetic sativa with psychedelic effects. Who has this? I saw some ILE lines and ACE in your list. The Kullu is good but imo not great. The Chellakutti tripped me out more with one certain plant.

The ILE Burmese is most likely my favorite trippy type sativa line at the moment. Pleasant high as well. Trippy at lower doses which is all I have done so far, so if I hit it hard sometime, who knows what planet I land on!!

Last edited:

Verdant Whisperer

Oh right, I hadn't looked at the website.
If anyone knows someone in India, that would ship for some commission that would be awesome, i would send them some buisness mt.top seed has a bunch of really good looking landraces, and there mango kush IBL looks nice as well, they have NL and White widow IBL preservations also.