What's new

Oldtimer's Haze

Theorganicguy

one of the most beautifully written smoke reports iv seen in a long time, ..great work :good:
Thanks both to you, GROW, and to ACE for preserving this pearl.

Meanwhile, somewhere up in the mountains:

View media item 18711195This one has a nice tropical juice aroma. She's surprisingly compact for its heritage.

View media item 18711194Archetypical OTH. Topped today. Extremely sour smell.

Slightly unrelated, but still worth to mention since being 50% OTH: Helvetia Haze #5
View media item 18711196
:tiphat:

Rgd

Veteran
mine are getting done..there is a tall, medium ,and short ,

I saved a shorter male in case the short female is good..

the tall male has already anointed everyone to some degree..

OntologicalTurn

More than 2 meters, not sexed yet
IMG_20230626_173621_373_SR.jpg
IMG_20230626_172540_398.jpg
IMG_20230626_173351_065.jpg

Theorganicguy

OTH #7
Still stretching, no preflowers yet. A bit leaning, if you ask me.
View media item 18713140View media item 18713141
OTH #10
A nice smell of basil, curcuma and green mango. I like her better than her sister (brother?). I wouldn't mind making a couple seeds with Helvetia Haze, reinvigorating that Haze blood, bringing some "rucksack after a month backpacking throuhg India" into the equation. Repotted today to a 30L pot.
View media item 18713142
I had half a gram of OTH #3 at a festival a coulpe weeks ago and holy fucking shit is this some party stuff. I associated cannabis with paranoia for a decade, but after a year of curing, I'd vape this stuff on a vulcanic island during an eruption.

Not much to see, but lots of things brewing.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Hola @dubi I was wondering if there was anything you could offer on very slow to sex OTH males, that take forever to flower, and stay manageable in height and structure, not being determined to stretch out the top of the tent and ceiling?

I don't know what the previous male i had was like, i doubt i flowered it in full form, it was most likely a cutting i took in flower and placed in a cup or something. I do remember the female wanting to stretch to over 8 feet tall with a lot of supercropping, and possibly was even topped.

So far most of my breeding has been pollen chucking, taking advantage of opportunity of crossing the males to whatever was in flower, but i have a little longterm direction on a project now. Using the very nice smelling, sativa structured Blueberry Muffin i found with this male for a Blueberry Haze.

Since I'm already in the process of making Chocolate Thai Haze F1, and pollinated a branch already on the BB Muffin (with more to be pollinated on a second run with the BBM that just started this week), cross those two lines into a Cocoa Berry Haze being mostly sativa and half Haze. I'm thinking some interesting terps will be found, the Sativa world definitely needs an infusion of varying non-lemon terps.

Edit: I have two cuttings of this in the same pot rooted for longterm use of this male.
As i search through gassy packs from CSI Humboldt to find a few loud females to cross with Honduras x Panama male when i pop those sometime in '24, hopefully ill have found something by Spring, but along the way I'll be using the OTH male on the things like Ghost OG x Chem 91, Fire OG x Mendo Purps, Chem 91, Loompas Headband x Triangle Kush, Pure OG Kush x Triangle Kush as i search for a couple of loud gassy potent females. Seeing the results you've had with OTH and K China or PCK makes me kinda excited to see what OTH crossed with something loud and gassy produces.

20231031_115442.jpg

The Bubblegum/Cotton Candy pheno of Zenith trying to reveg next to the male

20231103_120428.jpg
20231103_120445.jpg

Last edited:

GreenAndFast

Looks and sounds almost exactly like the OTH male I used to cross to aload of my NLDs. It definitely brought some metal shop smell to a few of the crosses but I'm yet to grow out a substantial quantity of the crosses to give a more detailed answer 🙂

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I have a number of packs of the original OTH from Ace, so I am all good. Just didn’t get around to growing them this year. Just harvested the lone OTH x A5 I grew this season, though. Let me think about what my plans are regarding Tom’s haze genetics. With the last plants from ‘24 finishing up, it’s dry, trim and cure time for the rest of the year.

OntologicalTurn

I have a number of packs of the original OTH from Ace, so I am all good. Just didn’t get around to growing them this year. Just harvested the lone OTH x A5 I grew this season, though. Let me think about what my plans are regarding Tom’s haze genetics. With the last plants from ‘24 finishing up, it’s dry, trim and cure time for the rest of the year.
Well if one day you decide to make a repro let me know. I tried to buy some from tom last time, but him already has promised all to other growers. I live in a climate and latitude where real sativas can express the most.

OntologicalTurn

I can see that your location and skills are great! If you can grow healthy OTH, you can pretty much grow any long legged sativa. Tom’s don’t go nearly as long imo. I do plan to bulk up the stock from Tom but it will likely be in a few stages. I’ll keep you posted.
Thanks man, but i don't think is as much my skills as the genetics and the location, i think this plant is made for this climate, as flowering starts after the rainy moldy season has ended

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
OTH review after four months of curing
Both visually and olfactory-wise, upon the first impact, OTH seems nothing to write home about, especially if one has been sliding down a IG’s Gelato-Kush-Super-Duper-OG-Biscotti hype rabbit hole. Opening the jar will present you with some shrivelled buds, minuscule pistils and microscopic bracts, vaguely resembling a plant between coral and tumbleweed, giving off rosemary, mandarin and incense aromas along some faint, empty peach crush bottle notes swirling nostalgically in the background, almost reminiscences of a bygone Summer.
Despite its wild, almost feral appearance, and its perhaps slightly disappointing presentation, after inspecting OTH a little closer, you’ll slowly realise that it’s not as shabby as it initially looked like: every bract, for instance, is actually generously coated with shiny capitate-stalked trichomes, which, once broken up, will emit an unexpected propane-like stench, hitting you in the face, making you wrinkle your nose and turn your face away for a couple seconds. This blaze of organoleptic sensations will be the beginning of a very distinct experience.

View media item 18704913View media item 18704914View media item 18704915
Anyhow, if getting ready to combust or vape OTH up didn’t get you curious yet, its taste definitely will. On the palate, terpenes tend more to the tropical side, with an initial peach crush punch coating the taste buds, followed by some mystic-like incense that will linger vividly in the room until a window or door will be cracked open.
Already the first five minutes will definitely show you that this Haze has been out of the game for a while, and yet still means business. Slowly but surely, you’ll start becoming aware of every inch of your body: every organ, every tissue, every cell will manifest its own, tangible existence, turning your body into a symphony of sensations.

Nobody can foresee what exactly expects them on the other bank of the Haze river, you could laugh gleefully in your brand-new apartment, burst out crying in a foetal position missing your dead father or realise that you’ve purposefully broken that vase that someone you once adored and now despise gifted you.
What I perceive as curious and, in my humble opinion, it’s worth to note is that there is no external influence to the effect. In other words, you won’t breath in pure happiness or inhaling straight adrenaline like with some other genetics. Your feelings won’t be muted or changed, but rather amplified: you’ll therefore feel cheerful if you were happy before, tired if you happened to be fatigued afore and sad if you previously were.
Beside senses amplification, you won’t almost get any overwhelming bodily effects. You’ll feel your socks being worn by your feet, your eyelashes blinking and your body producing CO2, but no couchlock, buttery muscles or tiredness whatsoever.

As more and more cannabinoids find their way through the Blood Brain Barrier, you’ll find your senses heightening even further, slowly losing yourself in a maze of thoughts, rationalisation and dreams’ fragments and probably muttering something along the lines of: This no herb to fool around. The experience is less trippy than it may initially sounds. It’s actually quite enjoyable, since it takes places without any paranoia or fidgetiness disrupting the picture, distorting waves of thoughts like other NLDs, mixing air and earth.
In this twisting spiral of heightened consciousness, you’ll start to see your reflection on every surface of that streamed hallucination rendered by our brain we call ‘reality’.

OTH feels fascinatingly endogenous. Its effects seem to develop and expand from within the body in a natural and organic way. No more sleepless nights with your head in overdrive. No more turning over and over in your bed like an egg roll.
A word of caution, though: your dreams too are going to be subject to some degree of amplification. The brain seems to skip a sleep phase, inducing the wake-sleeping transition without the slowly drifting away of the mind. Basically, what it feels like is making your dreams sound like voices outside your head. This is quite trippy, if you ask me. Is it still considered Schizophrenia if I’m talking to myself inside my head?

All of this brings me to my main point: I think this genetic is best enjoyed with closed eyes.
In case you happen to be thinking OTH is weak, try holding your eyes closed for as long as you’re able to hold them, and, perhaps, you’ll reconsider.

Long story short: OTH has no room for speculations, but just for considerations. Don’t expect to see a portal of possibilities open before your feet or finally found a solution for that squeaking noise you keep hearing at 2AM and for which you have no explain. All you’ll get is a crystal-clear vision of your present, the rest, whatever that may be, is your duty to carry out. Change your life, escape the pits of your self-pity and ascend to the stars, savour your successes and your harmony or eat two buckets of KFC and collapse face-first on your carpet. All this goes beyond OTH.

I really liked this partially green and partially purple pheno. It was quite forgiving for a tropical NLD, extremely vigorous, all whilst delivering a clean, strong and refined effect, with some excellent resin. I brought her outside to finish under the sun and I was expecting some of the seeded buds to start rotting due to the intense dew at morning and the low temperatures we were having and, well, nothing happened. I only had place to grow a single plant, which turned out to be a male and ended up pollinating PCK #5. Next year will tell us more. In the meantime, enjoy Croptober. Every day is a gift.

View media item 18704916View media item 18704917

Love to read your beautifully inspired and accurate Oldtimer's Haze smoke report @Theorganicguy 🥰
how you chose new words (for me) to describe her terpenes, and the way you describe her effects: super clean psychedelia that enhances senses, energy and perception, makes you feel more alive,without intoxicating side effects other than too much excitation). Glad you also discovered her social and extroverted side.

By your description of the qualities of the finished product and look of the finished flowers (love those reddish pistils!), i can confirm she is a really interesting expression, not your typical straight Green Haze or straight Purple expression, something a bit different.

Curious to learn more also about your Oldtimer's Haze x ErdPurt! I have never been a fan of crossing clean tropical sativas with heavy indicas, although very interesting F1 combos can be found when crossing 2 completely different IBLs. In fact, we have tested some new sativa x ErdPurt hybrids this outdoors season and they are really good! Appreciate your efforts with this difficult strain. How did this year' Oldtimer's Haze finish ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Out of curiosity, has anyone found a hermie plant OTH? Are the males sexually stable?

Good question. Under stress and by over ripening, i have found some females can throw nanners in very late flowering, but i never found a female producing balls (full formed male flowers), or a male with female flowers. Oldtimer's Haze is probably the most sexually stable equatorial in our collection.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi.

How many cool nights are needed for the plants to determine whether they are purple or remain green?

Is 12-13'C enough at night that those that will be purple turn into purple color?

Hi @Popey that's also an interesting question. Yes, 12-13'C outdoor night temps will induce pigmentation in the Purple Haze expressions, while the Green Hazes still remain totally green. Take in consideration, Oldtimer's Haze shows much more colors outdoors than indoors under same temperature.

Latest posts

Latest posts