What's new

Oldtimer's Haze

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
A couple of flash shots in between all the chilly rain.
05AACA22-118C-47AC-A62F-46FC7894EF09.jpeg
C758C42B-D54B-4475-84B8-4418B6C63FF4.jpeg
937736AC-B8C9-4FE0-BF4B-18F69BD9C945.jpeg
F2E49FED-2099-48A3-ADA3-E9611333CD8F.jpeg

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I’ve had my fingers on this girl a bit more since she’s been hanging. You can tell this is from some of the old OTH selections and not necessarily what the newer representations of OTH stock might be going for. She is rather rude aroma wise. Cilantro/soapy, oily metallic and a good whiff of arm pit from a Dead Head on a hot day when she thinks that crystal rubbed around it is somehow working. No tropical fruit / green apple at all. Maybe it’s somewhere to be found in the cure, but it’s definitely being short circuited by all the other funk.

Im curious if dubi remembers those rude aromas and if we could figure out if it came from one of the original plants that were grown out. Damn, dubi. Can’t believe I’ve been growing this OTH and it’s incarnations for nearly 15 years.

Last edited:

shiva82

Very promising! I can't wait to see what comes out of this marriage!
i have hundreds of seeds i made with two phenos. i just have no space to test them out yet so i'm just growing that one for now and it hasn't been cared for . Interesting experiment . i will grow out more numbers at some point under a bigger light with more soil and space . thanks for taking an interest

i crossed the old timer to all my best females i had at the time too. why not

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
A bunch of photos and info from recent OTH activities.
06B76257-FFEB-4832-9993-5BCCCB198E6A.jpeg
B9207A9B-95D1-4E06-AD4D-5098BAA3077A.jpeg
AEB995BA-D9F4-4B7D-9EE2-2814C2B13C26.jpeg
DB46A5D5-EC94-4620-9921-09680ADAFDDC.jpeg
9CD97E79-F156-4CB7-B2F8-9F3365A11144.jpeg
D436AEA6-31AE-4DB6-BBAC-BE99E77B427B.jpeg

First, lets start with my cob attempts. Probably started the sweat on the ’wet’ side around 80% RH. The cob got dark quickly in the 40’C sweat. Let it cure around 29’C for a day and It’s been recommended to let it now slow dry and cure from this point forward.

Last edited:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
pure OTH from some of Ace’s older selections

@Ur Humbl Nr8tor
Gotta ask how; old ball park figure??🔥💥🎯

dubi seems to think these selections were from around 12 years ago. This one (seeds) came to me labeled short and fast and they had been in my fridge the entire time. I will likely try to sprout the ones that were sent the same time labeled tall and long. Likely will extend this seasons grow into later part of January 2024.

Airloom

Veteran
dubi seems to think these selections were from around 12 years ago. This one (seeds) came to me labeled short and fast and they had been in my fridge the entire time. I will likely try to sprout the ones that were sent the same time labeled tall and long. Likely will extend this seasons grow into later part of January 2024.
TY and I’ll be following the long tall Sally’s

FoxMcLoud

Theorganicguy

I sown the leftover of my OTH pack and decided to give them a run. There are some already some pronounced differences:

#6, quite slow, but also quite trichomey:

View media item 18710275
#7, quick and vigorous, already very NLD looking
View media item 18710276
#8, the slowest one. Looking quite unhappy with the soil, although it's the exact same mix I used for every other plant.
View media item 18710277
#9 Quite neon-looking, also the only purple-stemmed one
View media item 18710278View media item 18710279
#10, twisty and vigorous
View media item 18710280
#12, The most exuberant one and the only one with a smell. A faint tropical note.
View media item 18710281

Happy Sunday :tiphat:

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
OTH review after four months of curing
Both visually and olfactory-wise, upon the first impact, OTH seems nothing to write home about, especially if one has been sliding down a IG’s Gelato-Kush-Super-Duper-OG-Biscotti hype rabbit hole. Opening the jar will present you with some shrivelled buds, minuscule pistils and microscopic bracts, vaguely resembling a plant between coral and tumbleweed, giving off rosemary, mandarin and incense aromas along some faint, empty peach crush bottle notes swirling nostalgically in the background, almost reminiscences of a bygone Summer.
Despite its wild, almost feral appearance, and its perhaps slightly disappointing presentation, after inspecting OTH a little closer, you’ll slowly realise that it’s not as shabby as it initially looked like: every bract, for instance, is actually generously coated with shiny capitate-stalked trichomes, which, once broken up, will emit an unexpected propane-like stench, hitting you in the face, making you wrinkle your nose and turn your face away for a couple seconds. This blaze of organoleptic sensations will be the beginning of a very distinct experience.

View media item 18704913View media item 18704914View media item 18704915
Anyhow, if getting ready to combust or vape OTH up didn’t get you curious yet, its taste definitely will. On the palate, terpenes tend more to the tropical side, with an initial peach crush punch coating the taste buds, followed by some mystic-like incense that will linger vividly in the room until a window or door will be cracked open.
Already the first five minutes will definitely show you that this Haze has been out of the game for a while, and yet still means business. Slowly but surely, you’ll start becoming aware of every inch of your body: every organ, every tissue, every cell will manifest its own, tangible existence, turning your body into a symphony of sensations.

Nobody can foresee what exactly expects them on the other bank of the Haze river, you could laugh gleefully in your brand-new apartment, burst out crying in a foetal position missing your dead father or realise that you’ve purposefully broken that vase that someone you once adored and now despise gifted you.
What I perceive as curious and, in my humble opinion, it’s worth to note is that there is no external influence to the effect. In other words, you won’t breath in pure happiness or inhaling straight adrenaline like with some other genetics. Your feelings won’t be muted or changed, but rather amplified: you’ll therefore feel cheerful if you were happy before, tired if you happened to be fatigued afore and sad if you previously were.
Beside senses amplification, you won’t almost get any overwhelming bodily effects. You’ll feel your socks being worn by your feet, your eyelashes blinking and your body producing CO2, but no couchlock, buttery muscles or tiredness whatsoever.

As more and more cannabinoids find their way through the Blood Brain Barrier, you’ll find your senses heightening even further, slowly losing yourself in a maze of thoughts, rationalisation and dreams’ fragments and probably muttering something along the lines of: This no herb to fool around. The experience is less trippy than it may initially sounds. It’s actually quite enjoyable, since it takes places without any paranoia or fidgetiness disrupting the picture, distorting waves of thoughts like other NLDs, mixing air and earth.
In this twisting spiral of heightened consciousness, you’ll start to see your reflection on every surface of that streamed hallucination rendered by our brain we call ‘reality’.

OTH feels fascinatingly endogenous. Its effects seem to develop and expand from within the body in a natural and organic way. No more sleepless nights with your head in overdrive. No more turning over and over in your bed like an egg roll.
A word of caution, though: your dreams too are going to be subject to some degree of amplification. The brain seems to skip a sleep phase, inducing the wake-sleeping transition without the slowly drifting away of the mind. Basically, what it feels like is making your dreams sound like voices outside your head. This is quite trippy, if you ask me. Is it still considered Schizophrenia if I’m talking to myself inside my head?

All of this brings me to my main point: I think this genetic is best enjoyed with closed eyes.
In case you happen to be thinking OTH is weak, try holding your eyes closed for as long as you’re able to hold them, and, perhaps, you’ll reconsider.

Long story short: OTH has no room for speculations, but just for considerations. Don’t expect to see a portal of possibilities open before your feet or finally found a solution for that squeaking noise you keep hearing at 2AM and for which you have no explain. All you’ll get is a crystal-clear vision of your present, the rest, whatever that may be, is your duty to carry out. Change your life, escape the pits of your self-pity and ascend to the stars, savour your successes and your harmony or eat two buckets of KFC and collapse face-first on your carpet. All this goes beyond OTH.

I really liked this partially green and partially purple pheno. It was quite forgiving for a tropical NLD, extremely vigorous, all whilst delivering a clean, strong and refined effect, with some excellent resin. I brought her outside to finish under the sun and I was expecting some of the seeded buds to start rotting due to the intense dew at morning and the low temperatures we were having and, well, nothing happened. I only had place to grow a single plant, which turned out to be a male and ended up pollinating PCK #5. Next year will tell us more. In the meantime, enjoy Croptober. Every day is a gift.

View media item 18704916View media item 18704917
:tiphat:
one of the most beautifully written smoke reports iv seen in a long time, ..great work :good:

Latest posts

Latest posts