48.6 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2109828.jpg
    photo2109828.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 50

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's such a joy to admire the beauty of your harvest Ur Humbl Nr8tor :trampoline:
It's been a long long time since we have had the chance to admire such a beautiful and well ripen Purple-Red Haze from Oldtimer's Haze line.
Now that you have more experience with both straight Oldtimer's Haze and its direct hybrids, i'm very curious to know your opinion on your favorite strains with Oldtimer's Haze genetics.
THANK YOU so much for your feedback and presence here :wave:

funkyhorse trifoliate plants are not more or less common in Oldtimer's Haze than in other genetics, it's just a random trait that pops up frequently in most cannabis populations if you grow enough plants. Purple Haze x Thai was Purple Haze #23 x Meao Thai, same Purple Haze #23 mother from first Oldtimer's Haze selections and same Purple Haze mother we still use in our Purple Haze hybrids up to date. Purple Haze x Thai F1 was released as limited edition in 2009 and then F2s and F3s were released from 2012-2014 iirc.

Green Haze
This one looks like an old pack
This one is a tri, are there other references of phenomena like this or the PHxT shown in the previous post in the oldtimer hz genetics or this is just luck?

Dubi, the Purple Haze x Thai was done with the first of your OT1 hz selections like the one UHN and gkn have grown?
Have a nice week everybody

She is growing very vigorously Theorganicguy :)The preflower looks indeed like a female.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
It's such a joy to admire the beauty of your harvest Ur Humbl Nr8tor :trampoline:
It's been a long long time since we have had the chance to admire such a beautiful and well ripen Purple-Red Haze from Oldtimer's Haze line.
Now that you have more experience with both straight Oldtimer's Haze and its direct hybrids, i'm very curious to know your opinion on your favorite strains with Oldtimer's Haze genetics.
THANK YOU so much for your feedback and presence here 🌊

Thanks so much dubi. All possible because of you and the Ace crew. Something drew me to buying that selection so many years ago. Time flies. I have so many plants that I’ve wished to have kept for the long haul. Too little space and time. This one is the most recent example. The colors are absolutely stunning. I put the beauty of that plant up against anything just by color. I hope we find preservation of that red color and only hope there are a few seeds in the flowers from the male I grew this year from 3F x 6M. I didn’t find any yet, but it was a limited pollination and she is still jar curing. The other female may give great effects but she was lacking the sheer beauty of the grove plant. For her, I have hundreds and hundreds of seeds. Not that same red coloring, which I find very unique. I can’t wait to sample both of them as the aromas a very similar. Something like you dig out of the crypt. Strong, sweet fermented dark fruit, and bodied earth.

I will happily share my opinions on the haze and hybrids, but give me a few weeks for formalities. I have some of the old Meao Thai in jars, both purple and green I want to revisit. Those were intense and a bit cold from the Thai, but the flowers are so well aged now. I’m just now starting to dig into last years Malawi Haze and it’s a stimulating yet discombobulating brainy effect. You know I’ve written up my thoughts on the Haze x Kali China and expect it to really bring the A game over the next couple months. That’s a powerful and well yielding smoke. Just recently had my first hits of the Honduras haze and she’s still a little green, but extremely positive and energetic and plain old happy are my first experiences. As I’ve mentioned, I absolutely love straight green OTH and looking forward to growing some more of it this year. She’s like a strong espresso and an even stronger outlook on a Sunday morning. So much more to come on that subject.

all the best!

Theorganicguy

Aromas keep getting more and more tropical! Ripe ananas and incense :tongue: I'm going to need some force of will in order not to turn her into a salad :)
Wild, free, green. She has it all. The real question is: how long will I be able to keep her restrained before she learns how to open the window and flies the coop?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9430.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.7 KB ID:	18074698

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
heheheh correct, i would follow dear Ur Humbl Nr8tor advice and if you are anticipating she is getting too big from seed (and she has not even started to flower) then better take a clone and flower small copies of the plant.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
dubi, I hope you won’t mind if I am nostalgic. I’ll start my thoughts of the OTH and crosses all the way back into the late 2000’s. I’m pretty sure I bought my first pack’s of OTH which was 3F x 6M around 2007 and a regular mix soon after. Sprouted the last of the 3F x 6M last year, so what…maybe 13-14 years later. Wow.

Can’t really speak about the early days of OTH without mentioning our friend Terp…

Pure haze experience. I grew a pure green many years ago. Started indoors for several months and finished outdoors. Babied that plant outside way more than she needed. I wish I could pull old photos from that grow, but it seems no old albums are accessible with IC at the moment.

I absolutely loved that pure green OTH. Bright, energetic, sharp. Like the best double shot of espresso you’ve ever had. Smoke more than half a joint and you can keep adding head high, floating higher and very bright…if you are a fan of a very sat head high.

Im attempting to crack some Ace 10+ year seeds now. Description is Green “short and quick” and “long and tall”. I actually have faith that something will come up. I’ve got newer versions, but why not explore some of these older ones. That dark red 3F x 6M from last year is all I need to convince me of the quality.

The original pure purple flowers were given to me by Terp…. I loved the aroma immediately. Purple musty wine and seemed at the time very soapy. A great high, but it very quickly set my expectations for the effects of purple OTH vs green OTH. Where OTH dominates many crosses, the green brings very bright and energetic notes. The purple being more introspective. Purple can be warmer in the chest and green can be colder there, yet green makes your brain warmer or more energetic if that makes sense. Purple brain is a bit foggier.

Next up will be OTH x Meao Thai.

Montuno

...como el Son...
(...)
Pure haze experience. I grew a pure green many years ago. Started indoors for several months and finished outdoors. Babied that plant outside way more than she needed. I wish I could pull old photos from that grow, but it seems no old albums are accessible with IC at the moment.

I absolutely loved that pure green OTH. Bright, energetic, sharp. Like the best double shot of espresso you’ve ever had. Smoke more than half a joint and you can keep adding head high, floating higher and very bright…if you are a fan of a very sat head high(...)

(...)
I've been blinded by haze since begginning of January..I started to go up then, and I'm still orbiting, heh...(Look, the Hispasat!! If it works and everything...) It makes me a sharp lucid type "cabrón", as they say around here, heh, heh, heh....

Curiosamente, yo también pienso (en mi español materno) en el término "afilado", al describir la psicoactividad de mi Green Haze 19 A5...

Interestingly, I also think (in my native Spanish) of the term "sharp" when describing the psychoactivity of my Green Haze 19 A5.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Curiosamente, yo también pienso (en mi español materno) en el término "afilado", al describir la psicoactividad de mi Green Haze 19 A5...

Interestingly, I also think (in my native Spanish) of the term "sharp" when describing the psychoactivity of my Green Haze 19 A5.

Saludo! Yes, she does not dull the senses at all…instead sharpens them and makes you uber-aware.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
2.0 OTH x Meao Thai

dubi has forced me to do this in order to properly explain all of the amazing OTH genetics (haha) and I continue to do so in somewhat timely of an order from original grows.

So, I have been re-smoking several years old OTH x Meao Thai. Green version. I bought these seeds 10-12 years ago somehow knowing I had the right environment outdoors but still trying to put them through indoor hell.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6A7320E6-AC62-447C-9E47-D6ADE18CA17A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	203.8 KB ID:	18080100
Click image for larger version  Name:	6A7320E6-AC62-447C-9E47-D6ADE18CA17A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	203.8 KB ID:	18080100

When I first smoked this, I was blown off the map. I now have a very strong understanding of OTH. The addition of Cannabiogen Meao Thai brought a whole lot of amplitude (thanks Olympics) to that experience. That MT, though, brings some chilly weather. Where OTH is warmer, MT is a cold (sweat) sort of beast. It’s absolutely amazing. I read (and plant) Tom Hill. He speaks to ridiculous Thai tripping haze. From a few seeds of his, I’ve found amazing flower…but this particular cross is as Thai trippy as any.

After a couple years (pictured above) she delivers a potent up buzz and doesn’t lead me into the closet. But she’s still sharp as can be.Very energetic…mind racer. I want to multi-task. Smoke is on the darker side.

Purple Haze x Meao Thai - Same sort of experience except the purple is always less clear. Aromas and taste are great but for me, the buzz is muddier. Now this can actually be a good thing in a group. When you all fall into the same muddy pot, you splash around together. With the green OTH + Thai, you have to force yourself to play with others.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
But then we sampled this amazing cross that has now been several years jar cured. It’s still plenty electric and zippy. Not quite as cold. When I’m smoking with friends, the music flows. When it’s just me…I can still go through my evening chores but she’s still got an edgy bite. People who like Thai leaning Sativa bomb smoke will like this cross. Alas, she’s gone commercially. I count myself blessed to still be holding onto her.

Theorganicguy

heheheh correct, i would follow dear Ur Humbl Nr8tor advice and if you are anticipating she is getting too big from seed (and she has not even started to flower) then better take a clone and flower small copies of the plant.

Thank you for the advice, dear Dubi :) I tried taking a couple clones, but no roots yet. On the bright side, my OTH seems to be starting flowering already. Due to her earliness and the purple shades she has been developing lately I'd assume she is similar to the recessive purple phenos LowFalutin found some years ago?

P.S.
Clawiness is due to the composted manure I topped the soil with a couple days ago. I might have overdid it. Ups :whistling:

Attachments

• photo2115838.jpg
    photo2115838.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 50
  • photo2115839.jpg
    photo2115839.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2115840.jpg
    photo2115840.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2115842.jpg
    photo2115842.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2115841.jpg
    photo2115841.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

funkyhorse

I am growing at the moment side by side Seedsman Hz, CG72 and OT1Hz. Seedsman Hz and OT1Hz leaves have similar thin leaf
The 3 are quite similar, they share a lot of features in veg like the hairs on stem in veg, beautiful plants
It is difficult for me to focus and picture the hairs on stems but very easy to see with your naked eye, I hope it can be seen in the pics
Green Oldtimer Haze
Click image for larger version  Name:	Green haze (4).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	18087881

Click image for larger version  Name:	Green haze (5).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	20.2 KB ID:	18087882
Click image for larger version  Name:	Green haze (7).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	26.6 KB ID:	18087883
Click image for larger version  Name:	Green haze (8).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	18087884

Have a nice day everyone

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
dubi, I’ve got a desire for some history from you. The day before the last full moon, I planted some green OTH seeds. The first bag you sent me said “Tall and Long” (T&L).. The second was “Short and Fast” (S&F). Can you tell me how old those seeds are (@ least 10-12 years) and how they came about? Which selections, etc.?

Three of the T&L went down. One popped it’s head up and then was dead 24-48 hours later. The second, came right up with absolutely no issues.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F1A71D1B-BFCD-45A3-9E32-17B1D82B8C51.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	210.8 KB ID:	18090174

Hope she’s a pale thin lady. If so, she’s absolutely finding a home in the grove.

A handful of days later brought the third above ground, but it’s struggled the whole way. I had to manually remove the seed coat yesterday and then the membrane today.

Click image for larger version  Name:	51F6D589-ED0B-46AE-B869-A4559D09F88B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	210.5 KB ID:	18090171

From there it doesn’t look to bad, but the seeds head is torqued at a 90 degree angle, which does not seem normal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A34A2376-95CA-4205-9531-771E6D0A83F1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	202.4 KB ID:	18090172

Of the 2 S&F I’ve planted, one has come up. The second is still on the heat mat, ever hopeful.
Click image for larger version  Name:	36BC67A1-DB95-419E-A59D-AF54FC6678E8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	148.5 KB ID:	18090173

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
And look what else has tagged along for old times sake. Again, I’d ask you to tell me how these came about and how long ago? Of the two seeds I planted, both came up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	90B1BF45-6449-4376-897B-014934D04106.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	152.4 KB ID:	18090181

Purple Haze x Meao Thai, F3 Mum 2. The one up front seems a little fried at first, but the first true set of leave look fine.

Latest posts

Latest posts