What's new

Oaxaca x Panama regular

Cactus Squatter

I ordered a 10 pack each of Oaxaca x Panama and Honduras from NASC. They threw in 6 Panama x Malawi. It's going to be a great fall and winter grow.

Thanks for the tip! NASC has a great selection of Ace genetics. First seed order I've made sine 2020 when I ordered from Ace. Anxiously waiting...
That’s gonna be a killer lineup!
The Oaxaca x Panama is extremely vigorous so far in my experience with this batch. They explode when pruned and still get crazy tall so just be prepared if you’re indoors in a tent.
Same goes for the Honduras, if you get the purple columbian pheno she’s a big girl!
Good luck on your grow!

I ordered a 10 pack each of Oaxaca x Panama and Honduras from NASC. They threw in 6 Panama x Malawi. It's going to be a great fall and winter grow.

Thanks for the tip! NASC has a great selection of Ace genetics. First seed order I've made sine 2020 when I ordered from Ace. Anxiously waiting...
Nice, and you're welcome! I had been wanting the Oaxaca x Pan and when I saw the Pan x Mal freebies, I knew the time was right. Too bad my tent is currently occupied, I'm sitting on some Mal x Pan seeds as well and I still haven't grown my first Ace plants. Although I am a little nervous about putting these Ace sativas in a tent, there's no way I'm waiting a year for outdoor harvest to try these.

greencalyx

Premium user
Veteran
A few pics of my Oaxaca x Panama. Getting pretty tall! The tallest ones are just under 6ft

20240908_105200.jpg 20240908_105332.jpg 20240908_105423.jpg 20240908_105136.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for the frequent updates on this new release @Cactus Squatter :) much appreciated friend!
The greenhouse looks wonderful :D full of healthy and happy great sativa genetics heading to flower stage.

As we discussed previously in private, looks like the problem at early stage of growth was with the soil, ph, feeding or root fungus, corrected later thanks God after transplant and change in feeding :yes:

Oaxaca x Panama male pollinating really nice females of GMS Mexican strains would be a really interesting thing to make happen.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your support @greencalyx and for sharing an update in early flowering :yes:
Healthy, great looking plants as well. They look more than ready for a great flowering stage.
How many females - males did you get from your entire 12 reg seeds pack ? And what happened to the twins growing in same pot ? :) Please, keep us updated!

greencalyx

Premium user
Veteran
Thanks for your support @greencalyx and for sharing an update in early flowering :yes:
Healthy, great looking plants as well. They look more than ready for a great flowering stage.
How many females - males did you get from your entire 12 reg seeds pack ? And what happened to the twins growing in same pot ? :) Please, keep us updated!
Thanks @dubi !

Out of the 12 seeds, I have 9 females and 4 males. 13 total, because as you mentioned, I had twins!

The twins are a male and a female, with the female much larger than the male. I am gonna cut the male down and put him in a glass of water to collect some pollen. He's a bit slow to mature as I have collected plenty of pollen already from the other males.

The last two images in my previous post are actually of the female twin. The male is out of frame due to his short stature

Last edited:

Knop

@dubi I have 6 super panama haze and 6 oaxaca x panama. I need to know if it is possible, I want to put them outdoors for about 30 days, put them indoors on 11/13 in the dark to select the females, discard the males and return them outdoors, can I do this? After I find out which are the females and return them outdoors, will they revegetate again?
IMG_1290.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@dubi I have 6 super panama haze and 6 oaxaca x panama. I need to know if it is possible, I want to put them outdoors for about 30 days, put them indoors on 11/13 in the dark to select the females, discard the males and return them outdoors, can I do this? After I find out which are the females and return them outdoors, will they revegetate again?
View attachment 19064265

Hi @Knop if you are starting the outdoor season with plants outside, I wouldn't recommend bringing them indoors to show sex with a shorter photoperiod, as this can be confusing. Some plants may need to re-vegetate to catch up later in the outdoor season.

It is better to complete the growth stage entirely outside. You can identify both females and males quite early on if you have a good eye. If keeping unwanted males during growth is a concern, it is best to choose feminized seeds.

Knop

Hi @Knop if you are starting the outdoor season with plants outside, I wouldn't recommend bringing them indoors to show sex with a shorter photoperiod, as this can be confusing. Some plants may need to re-vegetate to catch up later in the outdoor season.

It is better to complete the growth stage entirely outside. You can identify both females and males quite early on if you have a good eye. If keeping unwanted males during growth is a concern, it is best to choose feminized seeds.
You touched on my biggest doubt.
I want to select some mothers for reproduction, seed production. What is the difference between feminized and regular for creating new varieties, for seed production, etc.?
Another thing, do you recommend any books for new breeders? beginners

Last edited:
You touched on my biggest doubt.
I want to select some mothers for reproduction, seed production. What is the difference between feminized and regular for creating new varieties, for seed production, etc.?
Another thing, do you recommend any books for new breeders? beginners
Se tu gastar um tempo vai achar essa informação aqui no fórum. Aqui por exemplo https://www.icmag.com/forums/cannabis-strains-and-breeding.19/

acespicoli

screenshot-drive_google_com-2024_09_17-21_51_29.png

poor things been thru hell, well paper towel, 2x2 square, 6 inch bag,
cant wait till lil ox x pan reg sprout bounces back def some mutants in this one
With Ace seeds they have great vigor and germ rates could have skipped all the playing around
🤷‍♂️
screenshot-drive_google_com-2024_09_17-21_58_22.png

screenshot-drive_google_com-2024_09_17-22_00_22.png

Like little angels spreading their wings :angelshug: lights a little bright but i prefer squat plants early on
Thanks @dubi :love: love the work your doing, so wanted to share this :huggg: