What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Notsodog Sour Diesel

FellaAndrene

I took screenshots of Vondo telling the real story on JJ's Instagram (a few parts are missing, sorry):

1729444092730.png
1729444110157.png

Note: this happened in 2018

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took screenshots of Vondo telling the real story on JJ's Instagram (a few parts are missing, sorry):

View attachment 19087009 View attachment 19087010
Note: this happened in 2018
Yes defo true story , BUT how many other bag seeds were found by others in those early Chem batches he found the seeds in ? , explaining all the different Diesel cuts maybe ?
And as he said many seeded batches so we will never know the true story of which cut is which etc etc etc

FellaAndrene

Yes defo true story , BUT how many other bag seeds were found by others in those early Chem batches he found the seeds in ? , explaining all the different Diesel cuts maybe ?
And as he said many seeded batches so we will never know the true story of which cut is which etc etc etc
I put those screenshots up because they tell the "Our Diesel" part of the story.

But, yeah... There might be a few genealogical offshoots here and there. But they sure as hell are more scarce than the stories of "my uncles 1991 Sour Diesel" we've been hearing.

If someone had those genetics available way back then, it would've caused an impact, and for sure they would've kept the cut.

But 99% of the time it has turned out to be bogus talk, and the coveted cut in question has turned out to be a renamed or mislabeled one.

For instance, the so-called Catskill Mountain Kush a.k.a. "the 30 year old OG Skunk cross" and "the missing link between Kush and Diesel genetics" turned out to be the 'Illuminati' cut of Stardawg.

Tangentially, another interesting piece of info was divulged by DocGreenStone (already) in 2018 - and quoted by Mustafunk in a post he made back then (but I haven't been able to find the original post):
DocGreenStone said:

I spoke with kloppglass (aka Weasel), JJ (jj-nyc), AJ (asshoe joe), wildmtncannabis and growmoremids (vondo) yesterday/today about Sour Diesel and the discrepancies in their stories and we have come to the conclusion that AJ's Sour Diesel and ECSD are 100% different strains.

AJ says he got "sour diesel" from Weasel on May 1st, 1995 and he handed him a cut(s)/clone(s) and a jar of finished bud.

Wildmtncannabis and growmoremids say they shared seeds with Manny (the guy who found Sour Diesel) in the winter of 1995 and are certain they did not share it before August of 1995.

I find this testimony to strongly indicate that the assertion that "AJ's Sour Diesel is NOT the same as the Sour Diesel that Manny found" is true.

I am now attempting to ascertain whether or not Manny's cut is what we refer to as ECSD or not.

But we now know definitively that ECSD is NOT AJ's Sour Diesel. I've always known this myself but opinions dont mean shit, it had to come from those who were there and those who actually know.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I put those screenshots up because they tell the "Our Diesel" part of the story.

But, yeah... There might be a few genealogical offshoots here and there. But they sure as hell are more scarce than the stories of "my uncles 1991 Sour Diesel" we've been hearing.

If someone had those genetics available way back then, it would've caused an impact, and for sure they would've kept the cut.

But 99% of the time it has turned out to be bogus talk, and the coveted cut in question has turned out to be a renamed or mislabeled one.

For instance, the so-called Catskill Mountain Kush a.k.a. "the 30 year old OG Skunk cross" and "the missing link between Kush and Diesel genetics" turned out to be the 'Illuminati' cut of Stardawg.

Tangentially, another interesting piece of info was divulged by DocGreenStone (already) in 2018 - and quoted by Mustafunk in a post he made back then (but I haven't been able to find the original post):
Yeah its a mad rabbit hole for sure 😆 , 1 thing we know is for sure , its 1 of the best strains the 🌎 has ever seen and still reigns supreme after all these years 🙏 ⛽️ 🫡 , salute all those who were involved/brought the legendary Diesel strain to the 🌎

Last edited:
.here I am in weed mecca land LA

You mean where all the bud smells like a shoe store? And bud tenders are trained by anti MMJ industry plants to call it "candy gas" when it literally smells like plastic? Where Sativa and indica both make you sleepy and neither get you high?

Overfed and uncurable garbage where you can't separate strains by smell or even looks cuz it's all the same shit? LA doesn't even have strains they have brands of bottles, that's what differentiates LA weed, which bottled products the bud smells and feels like.

Socal growers regularly claim their favorite terp is "vinyl seats", "pool floaty" and "new Jordans". You don't think that's part of the problem? "Chem" in the rest of the world means sulfur, carboxylic and alcohol solvent smells. In LA it means plastic toxins. I tend to ignore everything people from LA say, and most definitely anyone who considers LA a mecca of anything but deviance and self obsession.

Sour Diesel on the west coast falls into 3 types of fucked up in my experience. It's either going to smell like peanut shells, or it's going to smell like a flooring store. Or it's going to smell like fake Kushy spray.

It will never smell like Sour Diesel. Pretty sure if it reminds you of peanut oil and acorns, or acrylates and vinyls, when fed wrong, you can differentiate the genes in a meaningful way. Yup..

Lots of weed smells sour when grown right. In fact almost all of it does. Yet people are still confused, claiming sour diesel doesn't smell sour.? Custies confused about "tart" smells, thinking there's something wrong with the bud? Half the fucking strains on the market 10 years ago had sour in the name. "Our diesel" wtf..

Now we got sour milk as a contender? Plenty of butyrate smells in weed but none of them smell like spoiled milk. Dude must be spraying biofungicides. Or his nose sucks. Babyshit comes in a plain variety?Who knows. People who didn't grow up around quality weed seem really confused by weed..

But yeah LA sucks. Growers in LA suck. If you are from LA or even mention LA then you suck. Lots of people in LA swear SFV smells like peanut shells, oak leaf compost etc, because they've only smoked fucked up Cali weed their entire life. When I grew SFV, it smelled like sour lemons. Different cut? Please..

And the Cali growers try patenting their weed based on fruit peel terpenes..? The same terpenes found in a piece of ham or a shower curtain? Anyone eat ham and proclaim the excellence of linalool? When's the last time you smelled limonene in a shower curtain? Because it's in there. Why the fuck is Cali testing for nonsense volatiles that you can't even smell, and have nothing to do with weed? Cali doesn't even know what weed actually smells like, because Cali doesn't grow weed that smells like it should.

Fuck California.

California has always been part of the problem. Cali weed wasn't good in the 90s, and LA as far as I know never produced good weed in the 70s or 80s either. That's how outdated peoples brains are. "Cali weed" has been your marketing since the heroin (famous Cali breeders) meth (famous Cali breeders) Xanax (famous Cali breeders) dealers ran the hippies off, decades ago.

Imagine having to suppliment your tentacled weed business with counterfeit Xanax. That you got busted for in your 40s, doing some junior high western union shit. And 60 people around you went to jail, and you didn't... CALI WEED

Imagine getting busted running a mega distillate lab out of a house in Arizona, and all your partners did time, and 2 years later you run one of the biggest legal hype brands, who's weed all smells the same: CALI WEED.

Imagine replacing "meth" with "purp" in all your drug dealer stories, that only losers interested in a parasocial onlyfans relationship cares about? CALI WEED.

Nor cal has not been a weed mecca in 50 years and LA never was. All LA has done for the weed scene is lower peoples standards, normalize bad bud. Now every idiot my children's age thinks they have dank weed, when it's some overfed renamed shit from California, smelling like magic markers tooth paste and bowling alley shoe spray.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Here's a thing I've wondered about for a long time, because we don't have the actual cuts available in these parts of the world, and the opinions seem to vary between persons: Does Sour Diesel smell sour? What kind of sour? Sour citruses? Sour milk? Sauerkraut?
i don't think i've ever had a weed i'd say was "sour"... only citrusy, like you mention... but never sour. and never diesel. the closest thing coming from a car i've smelled to chem/ sour diesel came out of some 70s american hot rod i smelled the other day... but weed never smells like diesel in my mind.

In LA it means plastic toxins.
or maybe myrcene? i'm confused, do you really think it's plastic toxins making the smell ppl talk about looking for?

buy a bottle of purified (or synthetic) beta myrcene and please tell me what you smell, cause i smell a plastic, rubber, kinda solvent smell. reminds me of childhood... maybe those little chemical bubbles in the little tubes, you use the little plastic straw to blow the partially dissolved plastic into a bubble and then our heads swelled from the tumors. fun times.