What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Nomaad's Outdoor Adventure 2009 v1.2

nomaad

Veteran
I thought I would lighten up the mood a bit with a photo update... everybody is so stressed with the rain and the endless search for caterpillars, mold and the vigilance for rippers. Not too much longer to go...

2009_0915-Garden-046.jpg

Grape Ape. I wish I had known the trick to making this strain into an outdoor monster. I found it out just a little bit too late. The Ape wants to have all the long-stemmed droopy fan leaves (Cousin It Leaves) removed as it veges rather than after the stretch- this is according to a guy with 7x7' apes in a 3D scrog. The grapeyness is starting to ooze from these buds.

2009_0915-Garden-047.jpg

The Goo

2009_0915-Garden-049.jpg

The Goo

2009_0915-Garden-053.jpg

Berry White

2009_0915-Garden-061.jpg

Berry White

2009_0915-Garden-065.jpg

Tahoe OGK

2009_0915-Garden-067.jpg

Tahoe OGK

2009_0915-Garden-076.jpg

Blue Dream

Hash Man

nice pics... your tahoe looks just likemine does now. you can really see the frost starting to form, although shes a bit further behind the others.... thst blue dream looks hella frosty!! nice job.

fyi - i heard it was not good to spray bt in the morning as uv light kills bt....just thought i would pass the info along. HM

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
MaaD
Howzit..?? Ya know i have the nose for those updates.. ;) Anyhow wow the frost is really starting to pile up.. Dont ya have the clueberry? check back soon peace.

sack

nomaad

Veteran
nice pics... your tahoe looks just likemine does now. you can really see the frost starting to form, although shes a bit further behind the others.... thst blue dream looks hella frosty!! nice job.

fyi - i heard it was not good to spray bt in the morning as uv light kills bt....just thought i would pass the info along. HM
my headband, OG and SD still look very similar... the Sour being the most distinct. I have always done my foliars after the sun goes behind the trees for the day. Still warm enough to evaporate the mositure, no direct sun to burn or degrade. ALL microbial substances will die in the direct sun or too much heat. I keep all my nutes and beneficial microorganisms in an air conditioned pump house in the garden for the same reason.
Dont ya have the clueberry? check back soon peace.

sack

Funny you should ask... After posting that pic of the BD, it occurred to me that I cannot tell the defference between the Bd and the Clueberry at this point by mere sight. I'm pretty sure that's a pic of the BD... but as much as I look at the pics, I cannot tell the difference between them... unless i can touch and smell them. CB is young berry-fruity and BD has a distinct bubble gum quality to it. Maybe she is channeling silverback. If I have the time, I will take some pics tonight for a side-by-side. Also... the grape ape and the plant formerly known as Blueberry x Chemdog have purped... really pretty. I'm thinking that there will be more regular photo updates from now on as everything is coming into its photogenic stage.

nomaad

Veteran
It got too dark by the time I got to taking the BD/CB comparison pics. I'll try to get them tomorrow. Here you can see the color coming out on the Grape Ape.

2009_0916-Garden-013.jpg

sackoweed

Veteran
MaaD
Howzit..?? Yea things are looking good the grape ape is nice.. Yea ill be waiting on those side by sides.. Interested in seeing them next to each other.. Both sounds tasty... Great work... Sending ya good harvest vibes... peace

sack

Hash Man

nice purpling on the ga... whast your temps getting down to at night,,,, our lows are around 60 lately...im showing no purpling on any of my purp strands....

nomaad

Veteran
OK... I am all about photo updates... I feel like so much is happening out there... maybe to you guys its like I keep putting up shots of the same ganja every day... I lose the wow factor that comes when the buds have grown a cm in width since the last shots...

Anyhow... New developments (as always, each pic's strain info is below the pic)

2009_0918-Garden-003.jpg

RazzBerry... if you look closely, you can see her starting to purp out in a very classy way. I so wish I had kept these genetics. She is really something else. She will be coming down on the full moon in about two weeks.

The following are the ClueBerry vs. Blue Dream comparison photos. The have differentiated themselves from one another (in my eye) since I made that comment that I could not tell them apart by sight. I can tell that they are different now, what do you think?

2009_0918-Garden-006.jpg

Clueberry
2009_0918-Garden-020.jpg

Clueberry
2009_0918-Garden-022.jpg

Blue Dream

I hope the above photos are good enough for comparison. Here are a couple of more shots of other plants.

2009_0918-Garden-016.jpg

Berry White. So I am up on a ladder and I tell the Sherpa to grab something for perspective!!! LOL. That is the largest of about 9 almost-as-big colas on this plant.

2009_0918-Garden-026.jpg

The goo continues to ooze goo. Imagine that. Bored of Goo shots yet?

And finally, I made a postcard to send to some friends.

2009_0918-chems.jpg

Mr_Green

looking fantastic. i always love pic.s updates, thank you! how much further do you have to go? and when you flush do you use water and your bud candy as well? i thought about using final phase from advanced nutes, any advice on that? THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE!

sackoweed

Veteran
MaaD
Howzit brother..?? Nah man keep them beautiful pics a coming brother.. I wont get tired of them im a voyeur hehe... yea you can see the difference in the clueberry and blue dream. but, they are pretty similar other than the darker hairson the CB.. great update thanx.. peace..

sack

nomaad

Veteran
looking fantastic. i always love pic.s updates, thank you! how much further do you have to go? and when you flush do you use water and your bud candy as well? i thought about using final phase from advanced nutes, any advice on that? THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE!

I think i iwll be harvesting progressively from the next new moon for 3 weeks. It is entirely possible that my last plant/s will come down on the following new moon. i will be using finisher and w-8 from green planet during flush. I have just begun flushing the Berry White, Razzberry and I am considering the goo as well. What is the word on when she'll be done OD? Fisher? Do yours look like mine? Cuz when last I saw, mine looked just like yours. No idea about final phase. All I know is that you can't mention AN to most folks without getting flamed for abject stupidity. Sometimes venomous public opinion is based on facts, other times not. I will know what to think after a winter of science. But alas... Bud Candy will be the only AN product I test with.

nomaad

Veteran
MaaD
Howzit brother..?? Nah man keep them beautiful pics a coming brother.. I wont get tired of them im a voyeur hehe... yea you can see the difference in the clueberry and blue dream. but, they are pretty similar other than the darker hairson the CB.. great update thanx.. peace..

sack

I saw the same thing, along with a fullness to the nugs that is not well represented in the pics I took... whne you are looking from plant to plant its less evident. These differentiations are only in the last 48hrs.

sackoweed

Veteran
and you can see a lil diff variation in the small leaves coming outta the nugs CB look to have a lil more curve than the straight of BD.. Both are figgn beautiful none the less.. great work if i had said so hehe... peace..

sack

Dödsknark

Awesome Nomaad!

Beautiful update. Could I request a full plant pic of you biggest girl just pre harvest? Looove those pictures. If it's possible that is.

Peace