What's new

Diary No Prayers Necessary – Growing The Church

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
It is pretty obvious that this plant has had enough. It is fading since I cut the feed a few days ago to flush it in pH’d water. And the light is down to 10/14. It is displaying early maturity with a few ambers on some cola leaves and a mix of clear and cloudy trichs. It is tired, I am tired. I have had it sleeping in the dark for the last 24 hours and it gets the cut this morning. (Pic from yesterday)

End of week 22 since bean and end of week 14 of real flower.

chop-day-1sm.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
So I am about 6 jars in of trimming after 2 fractured days. The plant is drying strangely. I hung the whole plant for most of a day and then I split up all of the major cola stems and let them hang, fans and all – to try to delay drying. With the frigid temps outside, the home furnace is on overload so the air is very dry. Yesterday, It was evident that I had to do some of the smallest bud stems and today the larger ones were ready. The big colas are still very wet inside, so I broke them up and spread them out in the tent to speed things along. Mould with dry humidity is not common but you never know and these things were dense. At least this will be easier and worthier trimming since the buds are all healthy buggers.

drying-colas.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
jarred.jpg

It is jarred. I still have to burp the latter ones but the lights are out and the fans are off. I was a bit shy of my 1lb goal but close enough and the herb quality looks excellent. I plan to make hash with most of it after a nice cure.

I now have to dismantle the room for paint, carpet etc and then I will have to reassemble it all to start my next grow. I am still debating what to grow. I have some of reef's Burning Bush regs, or another Zamaldelica round or maybe a Zam, Malawi fem combo grow? Decisions . . . :rasta:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Lovely work mate, I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labour
That’s going to make some good hash that’s for sure
Thanks for sharing :tiphat:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Thanks guys. Yes, I setup a small personal production line when I am trimming. Sitting at my desk with a trim bowl in my lap, some tunes playing in my face and pre-prepared jars (labeled & weighed) at ready. I use a lighted magnifier lamp so even larf buds look massive. I wouldn’t win any awards for speed though, since I seem to work at about 1 ounce an hour. But it's a hobby, not a career and I do take very frequent smoke breaks. :rasta: