tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Holy variegation!

variegation.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
The start of week 10 – 2 weeks from the flip. Ph 5.6 – 5.65. ec 1.3 – 1.4. pH 54%. Day temp 26ish.

They have started their stretch and the over-achiever has doubled. The others are a little slower. I threw a stretch net over them to try to aim the budsites. This is my first attempt at a scrog-like grow so it might be too low??

They are happy.

wk10-all.jpg

wk10-all2.jpg

tmold44

This is my first attempt at a scrog-like grow so it might be too low??
I am in the middle of a similar style grow as we speak. I'm in week 5 flower. I ended up using 3 nets. 1 low like yours and as they stretched I eventually added 2 more nets to help me train the plants and direct budsites for a nice even canopy. ...here is a sideshot showing the 3 nets back whenthey were in middle of stretch.
20221014_141058.jpg

acespicoli

Well, I have been bending and stretching the plants to spread them out. I can see that this will be a long process. I have not broken anything yet - which is amazing considering my 10 thumbs. ;)
Here is the over-achiever looking rather frazzled this morning - but healthy. Night time temps dip to 19 - 20C. Day temp is 26C. They are starting to eat a bit more as the roots grow. Still around ec 1.8 and pH 5.9ish.

What about defol as you train? Should I clear the lower tier gradually?

View attachment 18763548
personally id recommend stripping the first few branches the branch with single and 3 leaf blades bury the whole plant to just below a full count five leaf branch. Then top at the 3rd node for 6 branches further pinch them everywhere to ready to flip then thin leaf to allow light and air circulation in. Best in 5 gallon and larger pots. But there is all kinda ways to bonsai and veg time to harvest is a personal need,

Looking nice brother :huggg:

acespicoli

The start of week 10 – 2 weeks from the flip. Ph 5.6 – 5.65. ec 1.3 – 1.4. pH 54%. Day temp 26ish.

They have started their stretch and the over-achiever has doubled. The others are a little slower. I threw a stretch net over them to try to aim the budsites. This is my first attempt at a scrog-like grow so it might be too low??

They are happy.

View attachment 18775984

View attachment 18775985
keep everything below the net till it stops stretching and you have nice flower formation, let it bulk up above
overall looking real nice, and I already seen you make some nice smoke so....looking forward to the best part!

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
keep everything below the net till it stops stretching and you have nice flower formation

Yeah . . . ;) They are still stretching. The over-achiever is slowing down but it is at 30" now - after a veg height that I kept at 8"- so almost a 4X stretch! The long veg might have had a hand in that.

I have been slowly clearing the scruff under the net and thinning the middle a bit. Like you mentioned, I was concerned about airflow. The bud stalks are all breaking out so it is too late to do any topping. I started adding some Boost 2 days ago and they seemed to respond to it positively overnight. Or maybe it was just time rather than the expensive juice.

Anyways, they are happy and out of control. :rasta:

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
The start of week 13 from seed or week 4 of real flower. Everything is peachy. The over-achiever just won't stop growing (but it is slowing down) and it has now hit 1 metre/39.3 inches, so a pretty sizable stretch. The other 2 plants are behaving better. ec 1.2 pH 5.5ish day temp 22-23C night 19ish feed: CannaCoco A+B, Canna Boost, cal/mag. Filtered tap water.

The tent shot . . .

wk13-tent.jpg

And another to show the structure as the colas build . . .

wk13-structure.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Another ‘all is well’ update. Coming to the end of week 14 of life and likewise, the end of week 5 of true flower. I have raised 2 out of 3 of the lights to the max height because plant 1 is showing a bit of light stress since it stretched so damn much.

The stalks are very rigid and woody and as you can see (?) they are budding up for much of their length with the promise of spear colas. They are drinking a bit more now – especially the overachiever but they still share 5L of water daily with some run-off. I will start the PK 13/14 mid next week and run it for 7 days.

Very little plant to plant differences are showing. The smells are close – all sweet very ripe fruit with an ending vanilla (?) note - slightly stronger on plant #3 – the runt which also has reddish leaf stems.

Plant 1

wkend14-5-plant1.jpg

Plant 2 - no visible variegation now - it seems to have disappeared

wkend14-5-plant2.jpg

Plant 3

wkend14-5-plant3.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
An update . . . .

I have reached the stage where I want the damn things over. They are in their 17th week since I vegged them for so long playing around with the canopy. Just ending the 8th week of real flower.

And different plants 3 plants and 3 different situations.

Plant # 1 got crispy climbing to the top of the damn tent chasing the lights. I raised them several times – finally to the absolute tent maximum and I dialed them down but it still wasn’t enough or fast enough. Only the top 12” of this plant were overheated so it is too fucking bad. Finish you little shit (actually pretty big with lady arm colas).

wk17-8-plant1.jpg

Plant # 2 went out of balance – maybe magnesium – around the time I hit the plants with PK13/14 for a week. Thinking back, I should have eased them into it rather than whack them full strength. Maybe I will remember next time. They get the same cal/mag as everybody else in the tent gets so I don’t think that this one should demand – or get - special treatment at this late stage.

wk17-8-plant2.jpg

Plant #3 is the smallest and the happiest of the lot.

wk17-8-plant3.jpg

They all smell very similar with minor notes of sweet fruit more prominent in #2 but they are obviously the same strain. A few more weeks to go . . .

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
They are getting there. I am on trich watch with one plant with #2 a week or more behind that and the over-achiever - towering in the background - is grudgingly starting to mature as well. The lights are dimmed and I started to cut the daylight hours by reducing it a timer click on both ends (15 minutes each). End of week 18 - the 9th of real flower.

wkend18-9-allplants.jpg

FranJan

They are getting there. I am on trich watch with one plant with #2 a week or more behind that and the over-achiever - towering in the background - is grudgingly starting to mature as well. The lights are dimmed and I started to cut the daylight hours by reducing it a timer click on both ends (15 minutes each). End of week 18 - the 9th of real flower.
More Pix Please!!! 🙏🙏

Totally digging this thread btw. For some reason I've adopted this thread as my demo thread's sister thread. I feel a little less alone knowing someone else doing battle with Mr. Sativa. :)

Those fan leaves remind me of a BF's Tangerine Dream I once had. I don't think I ever finished her properly the few times I grew her out. Round week 14 the heads would fall off the trichs and I would say "good enough". Very creative, very "bright" smoke. Grew some monster colas with that one.

Best Wishes!

Latest posts

Latest posts