What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah i figured the tricky part is pushing the main trunk away from the house without scraping/hitting the window, good job on taking care of business without causing further damage.
Do u have a log splitter, Buzz, or have access to one?
I dont have an app yet, still working on it, but i do have a rewards club. Buy 9 BJs get the 10th one free. Swallowing is extra, as always.

I agree, Hawk, that pork looks 10/10. But Pops is also right, gotta have some carbs or something as a side. I love meat but i love carbs almost as much.

Good for u, Padawan, next time share those picks beforehand.
My 19 leg parlay looks like it will hit so long as chargers beat up on the panthers: most of the legs were on college football and surprisingly they all hit.
Think im going to fade the 'Noles the rest of the season, Buzz, unless they make a QB change. Not only the spread but maybe under total pts and under rush yds, they cant get anything going on the ground cause defenses dont respect DJ Uglylaylay.
On the bright side, the Gators lost badly to aTm, and Napier's buyout is much smaller than Norvell's so he's definitely getting fired first. And the U is still rolling along and cam ward is the frontrunner for the heisman currently.

You mean Saints at Dallas, Ravens are playing Vegas. Im liking dallas, saints beat up a pathetic panthers team last week and that dallas pass rush is going to make Carr see ghosts.

I like ur style, Hawk, but old school smoking can be labor intensive, theyll burn fresh wood to make coals, then transfer the coals to a smoker. Give me pellets or lump any day. For a restaurant it makes sense to make ur own coals but i aint trying to have an 18hr cook day, nawhaimsayin?.

Rams at Cards this afternoon, Pops, despite last wk im liking the rams. They typically own AZ the last few yrs and stafford and kupp are unstoppable, even if stafford's O-line is struggling. And the rams defense is alright, the FSU rookies made a splash last week, one had a sack and the other had a few tackles, so the D-line is holding up even without AD...

shithawk420

Veteran
hey man.you want something done right you gotta do it yourself.even if that means getting the ole ax out. you know what my dad calls you North Chicago and DuPage guys? Fucking Suburbanites! lol its kinda funny but hes kinda right. we havent lived in the burbs for a while. im just messing with you man. gotta have a treager if your in the burbs. lol i wonder if you could handle living in GA or the dirty dirty. i seen some redneck ass shit. you know the movie Deliverence was filmed in GA! you sure got a purdy mouth! squeell piggy lol i dont know if i can watch it again. i like the duelling banjos though

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I see 'Deliverance' every night behind the Wendy's dumpster, my friend. I draw the line when they start shouting "Squeal like a pig, boy!". That's when they get too rough.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Do u have a log splitter, Buzz, or have access to one?
No log splitter or access to one. I get most of my firewood from a Timber Service Co. a few miles down the road. They charge by the cubic foot and you load your own from a large pile of split logs. When I am loading my trailer I select straight grained pieces for easy splitting. Many of the pieces I select are a size that do not need splitting to fit into the woodstove.
Think im going to fade the 'Noles the rest of the season, Buzz, unless they make a QB change.
That's what all the talk around the table was last night. A couple of the Docs who are long time Boosters are pissed to the point of giving up their renewals. The increases in fees has been astronomical to feed the football machine to earn an 0 for 3. Both sides of the ball have no clue, and then there are all the same coaches from last year who became clueless in the off season. There is no joy in the Capital City.
And the U is still rolling along and cam ward is the frontrunner for the heisman currently.
Did you know that Norvell passed on Cam Ward who wanted to come to FSU to take Ukelele?

shithawk420

Veteran
Never seen this shit before.tastes pretty good actually.god damn packers are killing the colts.i guess Love is out for leg injury.
20240915_123317.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
I see 'Deliverance' every night behind the Wendy's dumpster, my friend. I draw the line when they start shouting "Squeal like a pig, boy!". That's when they get too rough.
Lol I'm sure I've done some jobs in your neighborhood.be honest.is it getting really bad or are you still ok? Do you ever think about leaving? I'm disgusted with the state of Chicago.ill always love it though.i am a Chicago guy.till the end.dont take offense.its how I talk when I'm drunk.im just playing

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thats convenient, being able to buy split logs in bulk nearby. Is it fairly cheap then?
The bigger pieces that u just cut up, Buzz, do u burn them whole once theyre seasoned a bit? They burn alright then?

Yeah, i think these booster clubs charge a ton of $$ to support their programs, and it's gotta be depressing to see it just go to waste on an 0-3 team with a terrible QB they're paying over 1M in NIL for. But that buyout for Mike Norvell is supposedly something like 65M, aTm paid more than that to get rid of Jimbo but not sure if FSU has some billionaire alumni willing to pony up tens of millions to get rid of Norvell...

Yeah, that cam ward deal was a mess, he wanted to test the nfl draft, didnt like where he was projected to be drafted and decided to go to Miami, but by then FSU had already commited to Uglylaylay. Give DJ's agent a raise for fooling a desperate FSU.

What does that taste like, just fruity or lemony, Hawk?
I dont mind the Chi-town area, it's got its drawbacks but i try to stay away from the riff-raff. Even the Wendy's dumpster isnt that bad once u get used to it...

So the Rams are laying an egg vs the Cards, down 24-3 at halftime. Lot of upsets in the league today, cowboys got worked over by the Saints. What did i say about the dallas pass rush? Parson held without a sack, Derek Carr looked like prime Tom Brady dicing up the cowgirls defense. Even the jaguars got beat by sex offender Watson. Tampa looked good vs the lions tho, but i had bet on the lions. This was a day to bet the dogs... Ah well, i had bet a lot of passing yds under today as well and they mostly hit...

G.O. Joe

Veteran
It's now clear why the Fl St Desantises have been so desperate to get out of the ACC - a CUSA schedule is their only hope for a 6-6 season. Not that going to a bowl game means anything to them.

WTF does Fl St have to do to be an underdog?

what else can you cook go'j

I could be a real Walter White, if...

sometimes there is a little mold growth as well

Bullshit. Don't let professional fuckups tell you otherwise. I know where you're going next - but the UV does nothing for the sides, bottom, or the whole bottom rack if there's something also on the top. Nope nope and nope, many times. Same with those who say 3 weeks does nothing.

How much to trim depends on the thickness, fat coverage, length of time. A thin part without much fat going for a while is a total loss. It's obvious by color and smell as it's whittled away. Almost OK is a little dark still and has a faint weird smell. Not an off meat smell, it's just different. It tastes the way it smells. Some people like the different and long times but those are the sort of people who love everything because they have no taste buds. OK has the faintest smell of fresh meat if anything at all, and has normal color or close to it. Age cooks fast and soft. 3-4 minutes a side on the grill for these 1 1/4" slices.

Fat is protective and I'm not sure something like eye of round works at all. Maybe if it's prime grade. Someone I used to work with had a husband who had access to aged beef of less fat content and she brought it in as finely sliced roast beef for Christmas or something, and it had shiny green parts and I was like it's fucking green, and she denied this totally, because that's who she was. She'd be Demented Don's #1 fan but I seriously doubt Toni the human bowling ball is still alive.

Untrimmed cross section. Device shown with wet bag of salt but without mopped up puddle of water which maintains humidity at 76%.

Attachments

• steak1.jpg
    steak1.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 5
  • steak2.jpg
    steak2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 5
  • steak3.jpg
    steak3.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 5

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
like you said @Bababooey, what a crazy day of football
in addition to getting the shit kicked out of them by the cards c.kupp went down
early reports say he is out for a few weeks and we play sf next
the only bright spot was a lot of the young wrs got to see some game time
: little whitt had a few catches with tutu and robinson getting their share of grabs, plus the new rb got in a few touches
az could do no wrong with candykrush.krushing it and the defense looked good up front and in the secondary
/m.harrison.jr went off and if he can continue this level of play he could get my vote for oroty
i was actually impressed with tampa bay and them knocking off the lions
like you said lots of upsets but a great day of football none the less

@shithawk420
man, i could swear have that same pipe somewhere, looks at pile of dirty pipes
/chooses cheapo pickle rick pipe; if i find it i will post a pic
yeah my mom has the expensive baby elephant rice cooker, its nice but was meant to cook a shit ton of rice
i just want a pot full at best
also im on this kick of toasting my rices before adding the water, add butter or oil and let that heat, then throw in your dry rice
toast that till it smells...toasted and then add your hot water
so how was that beer/ malt beverage thing?

@G.O. Joe
cheffin it up man, who the fahk is your butcher
that looks like a nice cut of meat
so what did you think of the weeks nfl action? you called the bills and it cost the fins biggly
a lot of crazy upsets this weekend, but could a few of these teams be for real?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
@buzzmobile
as long as you keep it clean its all good man and happy wife happy life
wow man, your house looks totally different from the front, nice pad
im actually a fan of baker the dream maker and wish him all the luck in baker bay
im starting to think this ukelele kid is a carpet bagger and dont blame the boosters for being mad
im with you man and over splitting wood
but i still like a nice fire

hey what happening @PadawanWarrior
i dident know you like football, do you also follow nfl
stick around man

G.O. Joe

Veteran
so what did you think of the weeks nfl action? you called the bills and it cost the fins biggly
a lot of crazy upsets this weekend, but could a few of these teams be for real?
All my picks were dogs who won, so it's hard to say these were crazy. Entropy is a thing, and profitable enough to pay for meat and meat accessories. There are some who truly have put together something special which defies this entropy, using the hands of the right QBs - Carolina, NYG, Denver, Indy, Jacksonville and so on. It's not like Darnold is Montana now, he still looks like himself. Goff is back to doing Goff things, Burrow and his hipster hair still owns KC, but I think it's because Mahomes has to suck sometime.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
All my picks were dogs who won, so it's hard to say these were crazy. Entropy is a thing, and profitable enough to pay for meat and meat accessories. There are some who truly have put together something special which defies this entropy, using the hands of the right QBs - Carolina, NYG, Denver, Indy, Jacksonville and so on. It's not like Darnold is Montana now, he still looks like himself. Goff is back to doing Goff things, Burrow and his hipster hair still owns KC, but I think it's because Mahomes has to suck sometime.
sounds like you did well! go.joe
/ steaks are on you man
its hard to say who to fade at this point but you seem to be doing well my man and making good calls on the qbs
goof mighty goof but im not going to fade the lions just yet

PadawanWarrior

@buzzmobile
as long as you keep it clean its all good man and happy wife happy life
im actually a fan of baker the dream maker and wish him all the luck in baker bay
im starting to think this ukelele kid is a carpet bagger and dont blame the boosters for being mad
im with you man and over splitting wood
but i still like a nice fire

hey what happening @PadawanWarrior
i dident know you like football, do you also follow nfl
stick around man
Oh ya. I'm excited footballs back. Just wish my Broncos weren't sucking so bad. I've never bet on college football until recently. I saw the no sweat college parlay so I had to check it out. I lost the first one by 1 game but won with the free one I got for losing. But I like the whole idea of it.

They've been doing the no sweat bets for TD scorers too. I didn't know what that was until a couple weeks ago. I'm 5 for 6 on those for $10 each. When it became legal here in CO we started getting all kinds of offers.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Thats convenient, being able to buy split logs in bulk nearby. Is it fairly cheap then?
The bigger pieces that u just cut up, Buzz, do u burn them whole once theyre seasoned a bit? They burn alright then?
I think the price is $2.25/cu ft. now. A 5x10 utility trailer load is $115. The big wood pile is a lot easier than cutting trees out in the woods. It only took me two years to figure that out. The big rounds will dry in place for use next year. They will split easily because the grain is straight and the pieces are short. They burn fine when they are dry. I may split a few in half later in the winter to use as 'all nighters" in the woodstove. They are too big around for the stove opening as is.
WTF does Fl St have to do to be an underdog?
They just have to show up.

Thanks. we like it here and I have redone every room in the house over the many years. Behind those windows is The Study. ;) Harvested flowers finish drying in there. Jars of buds are stashed in a closet. There long guns and pistols in there along side a filing cabinet stuffed full of manuals and assorted 'keeper' documents. It is cluttered with fishing gear and knick knacks.

shithawk420

Veteran
Fuck.i knew I wasn't gonna make it.i started drinking way too early.guess I'm glad I was too drunk to watch the bears game.told ya they were gonna lose.

Fuck I was particularly drunk.couldnt finish that asswhooping GB gave the colts.all the other games were pretty spicy.lots of tied games.football!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That's an interesting looking setup, so u add water to keep the moisture at a certain level? And the UV light helps prevent bad mold growth? Alright, i can dig it.
Anything green on meat is definitely sketchy, green and black mold are pretty much a no go zone. The thing is, once a bit of some food turns green, the spores are all over that piece of food, even the parts that arent green.

Rams straight up arent having a good time, losing their top 2 WRs in the first 2 weeks. Was it a high ankle sprain that Kupp suffered? If the foot turned outward it's probably high ankle and those take longer to heal.
I thought the rams defense played the lions tough, up until that last drive where montgomery ran all over them, but they gave up almost 250 rush yds vs the cards. Maybe the FSU rookies arent going to replace AD fully, although they combined for 10 total tackles yesterday. Or maybe the Cards with a healthy Kyler at QB (1 yr removed from his acl injury) are a pretty darn good offense, they built up a lead on the bills in wk 1 before eventually losing.

I like that, GJ, entropy is a thing. So entropy is similar to chaos? Ive been considering using chaos theory in betting. Unfortunately, my application of it would be limited to using the Heath Ledger Joker voice while yolo-ing stupid ass bets. Cause im an idiot.

Good to see ur taking advantage of the promos, PW. There's some pretty good guides online on how to max all the promos when a state first legalizes sports betting, there's a rush by all the books to sign up customers so theyll give u some generous bonuses. U can arbitrage bet then, have 2K no sweat bets on 2 different apps, take opposing bets so ur guaranteed a 2K win (or more likely an 1800 win minus the vig) and still have a 2k bonus bet on the app where u lost.

Sorry ur Broncos are even worse without Chef Russ, perhaps Sean Payton is not the genius we thought him to be. Bo Nix is pretty awful tho, but he's Payton's hand picked successor so theyre both at fault.

Bears offense wasnt much better, Caleb had a decent 1st drive but overall got pressured on 36/37 dropbacks. He missed some throws as well so it's not all on the line, run game is non existent also. Seemed like Caleb got into more trouble when he dropped back deeper, if he just stayed in the pocket and gets off throws quickly it might result in more completions.

A hundred bucks for a full load of wood sounds like a decent price, Buzz. And like u said, once the big rounds dry out a bit theyre not too hard to take apart with an axe.
If only u could make ur own electricity as well. Solar is too expensive and personal windmills arent feasible i guess.
U got a house full of guns and bud, u ever worry about burglars? I know Hawk when he lives in the boonies has had meth head neighbors that he's always skeeved about.

It was better u didnt watch the game, Hawk. I dipped into some bourbon myself last night (the woman hid the vodka). Bears lost by 6 and covered the +7.5 but line dipped to +5.5 before kickoff. That was interesting line movement, sometimes the sharps arent always right (assuming line moved because of sharp betting).
Tonite we have ur Falcons at Philly, everyone assumes falcons will get killed cause Kirk cousins doesnt look like he can move after recovering from an achilles tear last yr. With how this week is going im sure that means Falcons will win by double digits and cousins will throw for 350 yds and 3tds, so that'll be nice for u.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
No I am keeping a low profile. Not full of guns by any means. I have hunting guns and plinking guns and a couple hand guns.
keeping a low profile and sticking to cover is always a good move
i had to laugh at the cabinets stuffed full of manuels, i have book shelfs stuffed with books and i enjoy reading anything i can get my hands on
thats a good price on the wood man, sounds like someone is ready for a cold winter

@Bababooey
what do you mean the mrs hid your vodka?! did you ask her about it
ive been getting ads on my phone about these betting web sites and have been tempted by the god gamblor to get back in on the action
but it cant all be real man, like there are going to be limits on some of these bets or they are hard to pay out?
no shit rams arent having a good time right now, fiske recovered a fumble but the whole d looked like crap
the got lit up on the ground and through the air by the turd birds
/is az for real, stay tuned?
when they kept playing stafford late in a blow out game i was just waiting for the other shoe to fall; like f'n did mcvey piss off a leprechaun? and steal his lucky charms
im not going to give up all hope just yet, but starting a season 0-2 is not a good look
we play sf next week and follow that up with the bears

@PadawanWarrior
we will see how nic turns out
it kind of sucks for rookies qbs in the nfl
its the toughest position to transition into but they are expected to excel from the get go, he need some time to season
i havent been watching den so maybe you can give us your take? does this kid have potential and what does the team have to build on?

Latest posts

Latest posts