What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Need help getting a plant to grow bigger quicker.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Soil:fox farm hapoy frog and some worm castings. It feels like it should be bigger by now. It gets 24/7 light. Temps are 70s.
I have plants in other areas that are growing much bigger with less hours of light. I wanted this one to spread wide before I flowered it.

20240902_161351.jpg

aCBD

how old is the plant?
i second what gorilla ganja said, cutting down the hours of light to give the plant the time it needs
:watchplant:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Soil:fox farm hapoy frog and some worm castings. It feels like it should be bigger by now. It gets 24/7 light. Temps are 70s.
I have plants in other areas that are growing much bigger with less hours of light. I wanted this one to spread wide before I flowered it.

View attachment 19058740
More water, less light.

Weed doesn't need a lot of light or nutrients when vegging. The dark cycle is as important at the light cycle.

18/6 is more than enough light. They also have more than enough nutrients. Plant growth right now should come from the roots expanding and finding new nutrients.

A little rock phoshpate - phosphorus stimulates root growth better than any root stimulator can.

And water once, thoroughly, then let the water evaporate from the soil until the top of the soil is dry in the morning, then repeat.

Last edited:
what type of lights are you using LED or HPS to figure out temperatures.
leds like it in the 80's since they don't get as much heat from the light. and if you want them to grow quicker you can try to look up VPD charts.
so more heat with higher humidity might make them grow quicker and giving the plant a rest period like 18/6 to save some electricity and let the plants rest (look up DLI daily light intergral) .
i think they said somewhere that 24/7 lighting gives faster growth but would be closer nodes spacing. During the rest period is when they stretch a little from my research. iv heard the closer night time tempatures (lights off) are to daytime temperatures (lights on) the less stretch you get inbetween nodes.

these guys have a vpd chart there are others also this is for led.

Latest posts

Latest posts