What's new

Moved to 20 gallons and still...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Is that plant with the most issues first in line for incoming air? I'm guessing no air filtration on it, correct?

Week 4

Is that plant with the most issues first in line for incoming air? I'm guessing no air filtration on it, correct?
Don't think so, have the top fan above the lights that oscillates and one side fan that's not pointing to it. Maybe add another fan?
PXL_20231028_020934454.jpg
PXL_20231028_020942201.jpg

Them at about 6 weeks

Hmm, could be bugs, could be disease. Could be environment.

No one has said ph issue yet tho. So I'm gonna randomly guess ph issue before they come, steal their pHunder. It's ph dude.

Okay I'm gonna look at the pic now.

I was right. Ph. Ph Osphorous.

Phosphorus deficiency. No pointless vague useless bullshit from me.

Fixed that for you. Now if only we can keep you and all the people like you from uselessly typing in Cannabis help sections all together.

Phosphorus_tieup_chart1.png

Phosphorus_tieup_chart2.png

Could actually be a ph issue.

Did you know these 2 leaves:

20231019_162557.jpg

have the exact same tissue analysis?

They are off the same node of the same -P trial plant. Leaves facing the window turned yellow. The ones against the curtain stay green.
Is that why no one on the internet will accept they have P deficiency when their obviously P deficient blue leaves start to die and fall off?

Yes, yes it is. The bottom leaves fall off most my clients grows early on, of course the middle ones up in the light are next to go. They'll be yellow cuz light bleaches them.

All my brain-sanitized Cannabis clients think Cannabis is supposed to shed its leaves. Or they remove them. They can't tell the truth who knows why the bottom half is missing of almost every Cannabis grow. I've not personally seen the upper age limit of Cannabis leaves. 6 month at least. If your crop is dropping leaf off the bottom it's either N P or K, always. If the petioles are purple, that's what we saw in the -P via excess CaMg trial. Yet here are people telling you to add calmag. Like always. The internet scene never changes. Just the weed getting shittier.

20231103_123837.jpg

The bud from that -P trial. Looks like the mid shelf at any Cannabis dispensary. Tastes much better somehow. Imagine if the Instagrammer grow rooms wasn't filled with ready-to-die blue ass -P leaves, you wouldn't need the phospho booster and some of that retail shit would be halfway smokable. The airborne mold alone, stirred up from dead -P deficient leaves, should be enough for the Cannabis community to stop sabotaging itself. Maybe that's the fucking goal sure God damn looks like it?

All these topics should start: Why does my fertilizer suck. Why do online pot growers fuck up everyone's grow. Why does modern weed suck. But we'll keep on going the traditional way I guess.

xtsho

Fixed that for you. Now if only we can keep you and all the people like you from uselessly typing in Cannabis help sections all together.

Some people turn simple tasks into something as complicated as launching a satellite into space. One of the reasons many growers have issues is from reading posts by people like you who overcomplicate everything.

I doubt that you're attempt at showing what you deem to be superior intellect is going to have the results you desire. You'll still wake up tomorrow with the same insecurities you have today. :)

Week 4

No one has said ph issue yet tho. So I'm gonna randomly guess ph issue before they come, steal their pHunder. It's ph dude.
It was mentioned. post #6
lol.. Isn't that the point of the help section.. glad you chimed in with the humorously reply. I'm smiling ear to ear.
Your rant is duly noted.

CharlesU Farley

Okay I'm gonna look at the pic now.

I was right. Ph. Ph Osphorous.

View attachment 18928850
View attachment 18928851
Could actually be a ph issue.

Did you know these 2 leaves:

View attachment 18928860
have the exact same tissue analysis?

They are off the same node of the same -P trial plant. Leaves facing the window turned yellow. The ones against the curtain stay green.
Is that why no one on the internet will accept they have P deficiency when their obviously P deficient blue leaves start to die and fall off?

Yes, yes it is. The bottom leaves fall off most my clients grows early on, of course the middle ones up in the light are next to go. They'll be yellow cuz light bleaches them.

All my brain-sanitized Cannabis clients think Cannabis is supposed to shed its leaves. Or they remove them. They can't tell the truth who knows why the bottom half is missing of almost every Cannabis grow. I've not personally seen the upper age limit of Cannabis leaves. 6 month at least. If your crop is dropping leaf off the bottom it's either N P or K, always. If the petioles are purple, that's what we saw in the -P via excess CaMg trial. Yet here are people telling you to add calmag. Like always. The internet scene never changes. Just the weed getting shittier.

View attachment 18928878

The bud from that -P trial. Looks like the mid shelf at any Cannabis dispensary. Tastes much better somehow. Imagine if the Instagrammer grow rooms wasn't filled with ready-to-die blue ass -P leaves, you wouldn't need the phospho booster and some of that retail shit would be halfway smokable. The airborne mold alone, stirred up from dead -P deficient leaves, should be enough for the Cannabis community to stop sabotaging itself. Maybe that's the fucking goal sure God damn looks like it?

All these topics should start: Why does my fertilizer suck. Why do online pot growers fuck up everyone's grow. Why does modern weed suck. But we'll keep on going the traditional way I guess.
What a useless fucking post. FNG trying to impress with charts and a snarky ass attitude. This one's going to last a long time here on IC, that's for sure. ;)

FletchF.Fletch

420club
It may have already been asked and answered, so sorry if it has:

Are they being fed anything other than CalMag?

Lush/Happy Frog sounds like a good mix. Both are nice and rich. Adding extra inputs could make things unavailable. I have done it many times.

Also, when you last watered to runoff, did you measure ph and EC (or TDS) of the runoff water? Very helpful sometimes, outright confounding sometimes with Organics.

Week 4

Lush/Happy Frog sounds like a good mix. Both are nice and rich. Adding extra inputs could make things unavailable. I have done it many times.

Also, when you last watered to runoff, did you measure ph and EC (or TDS) of the runoff water? Very helpful sometimes, outright confounding sometimes with Organics.
No measuring of runoff, again because I don't really practice runoff and would have nothing to compare those numbers too. Organic is supposed to be this magic "water only" bullet, but with growers like me in the mix .. oops ... Not so easy. just the one plant suffering bad so far, the other three are hitting their stride. Knock on wood. So I have to clarify the soil inputs.. I have so many things going on in two rooms, so PLEASE bare with me ..

For the 20 gallon pots ..
bottom half is 1.5 cubic ft of Ocean Forest, with gallon of pumice rock for aeration.
Top half is reammended Lush soil, (on its second grow) with some Craft Blend, Bio Char, and earth worm castings

Super rich ... So that's why after all was said here I did the watering to runoff, in hindsight, doing that 3 weeks earlier would've helped big time

But hey, here to learn and still enjoy growing these gifts from God. Because everything he made was GOOD.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training

While you might have missed the mention of pH, I personally enjoyed your post and learned something. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Reactions: X15

Azeotrope

Veteran

Measuring PH in organic gardening is a fool's errand. If the medium is off in some way, your PH might measure in some concerning way but, what to do is the question. You can't make a huge difference mid grow and if the medium had the right biology you would never have to worry about PH. PH is a valuable metric in DWC/NFT/DTW but, not in organic growing.

Week 4

Measuring PH in organic gardening is a fool's errand. If the medium is off in some way, your PH might measure in some concerning way but, what to do is the question. You can't make a huge difference mid grow and if the medium had the right biology you would never have to worry about PH. PH is a valuable metric in DWC/NFT/DTW but, not in organic growing.
The soils pH or the waters? 🤔 You are right, getting the soils pH down from the beginning is key.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Totally agree. Meters seem counter to organic gardening in general. I was talking about measuring runoff ph though. It can be helpful when plants are having problems that could come from either lockout, too much or too little available nutes. If it is extremely off, corrective measures can be taken.

Edited to add:

Also I've found it helpful to test the ph of solutions going into the medium. Surprising how acidic the Aurora/Roots Organics liquid nutrients will push your water. Never tested ph of soil, just what is going in and coming out.

Last edited:

Week 4

Totally agree. Meters seem counter to organic gardening in general. I was talking about measuring runoff ph though. It can be helpful when plants are having problems that could come from either lockout, too much or too little available nutes. If it is extremely off, corrective measures can be taken.
A pH of 7.1 gives me cause for concern, it really shouldn't as the pH of the rootzone is what really matters. In a healthy soil environment. But it still draws concern, maybe as I get more grows under my belt it'll go away. A EWC tea always drops the pH back too respectable levels, 6.8ish. Also if your soil is off there are steps to remedy it.

Azeotrope

Veteran

Edited to add:

Also I've found it helpful to test the ph of solutions going into the medium. Surprising how acidic the Aurora/Roots Organics liquid nutrients will push your water. Never tested ph of soil, just what is going in and coming out.
I can agree with all of that. It has become my personal preference to avoid too much in the way of liquid source additions throughout the grow. Some kelp extract like CleanKelp or Undaria Pinnatafida extract, some low strength alfalfa tea, maybe some molasses as well. A large volume of a well established, extremely diverse, and heavily mulched living soil is my go to these days. Not too much peat and a good amount of coco as a base. I do top dress to feed the thriving population of composting worms which in turn work it all out. Moderate top dressings of 1-17-1 red guano, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, langbeinite, coriander/cilantro, celery, asparagus, kale, and broccoli. All selected for certain organic chemistry profiles. Especially the coriander and celery as they make a huge difference in terps/resins.

But, nothing that can dramatically alter the substrate. Let the microbes/fungi/herd and worms do work and PH should not be an issue.

Azeotrope

Veteran
The soils pH or the waters? 🤔 You are right, getting the soils pH down from the beginning is key.
Neither is something that I measure anymore. Never have in my organic (personal) grows. When I "farmed" and ran hydro/coco, it was absolutely essential