What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
the TE would probaby finish around the 3rd week of october where i'm at, just a guess though. havent ran it before like i said. If you are farther north it might go until halloween. Last year all our snow lotus crosses finished mid october

MostWantedGens

outdoors almost everything finish around third week of october. very few early strains at early october and some sativa dominant hybrids in mid November. These are the 3 category but 80% of the commerce strains finish at mid to late Oct.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
outdoors almost everything finish around third week of october. very few early strains at early october and some sativa dominant hybrids in mid November. These are the 3 category but 80% of the commerce strains finish at mid to late Oct.
Yah all our Bodhi gear should be finished , i.e. done chopping by halloween. what's the point of having a november harvest if it doesn't mean more weight?

i'm not a fan of sativas anyway, at least not the sativa doms that i see usually. i know there are some great ones out there but they are hard to find. lots of generic lemon/hazy tasting stuff is what i see when people say "sativa'

MostWantedGens

more sativa (haze) means bigger plants, more yield. cause of the 2-3 more weeks veg till early september when these sativa dom hybrids starts to flower. cant grow these strains if you have frosts in october.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I find that indoor and outdoor flower times don't really translate as the terminal photoperiod varies from cultivar to cultivar and everything flowers straight away when the photoperiod is set to 12/12 indoors..You can have a much longer transition time outdoors....I had one strain Bomb Threat x OG/Jacks Cleaner that indoor is ready after 60 days 12/12 but outdoor didn't finish flowering until 3rd week October outdoor because its hours of terminal light were in flux until the last week of August...where some strains flower at the end of July beginning of August and are ready early October..

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
yah some strainf flip in july but no matter what it takes too fuckin long i hate waiting until fall. I wish i could do light dep this year, but haven't found the right spot.

Impressive opener picks dude. Do you do anything for drainage or just throw those 800's right on the ground? I'm on pretty much solid clay so I've always put them up on pallets but it's getting old. Also what do you do for ammending last years dirt? Do you follow a like a Tom Hill or butte recipe?

Backyard Farming guy is a asshole on instagram i see it carries over to icmag too...lol Do your thing shcrews, looking forward to variety since we all know its the spice of life.

Rolldaddy

Good luck to you the year SHcrews but I'm sure you'll do good out there.

What are you doing to amend the soil in those big containers before you put the new ladies in?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Good luck to you the year SHcrews but I'm sure you'll do good out there.

What are you doing to amend the soil in those big containers before you put the new ladies in?

idk, i need to get the soil tested soon. probably should have done it already

anybody on here got a recommendation on where to send soil samples?

last year the amendments we used were

-crab meal-
-kelp meal
-neem meal
-rock dust
-oyster shell

i think thats it

S

StanKDanK

idk, i need to get the soil tested soon. probably should have done it already

anybody on here got a recommendation on where to send soil samples?

last year the amendments we used were

-crab meal-
-kelp meal
-neem meal
-rock dust
-oyster shell

i think thats it

I sent my samples in last week to watersag in camilla Ga.
its only $7.50 for a test with 48hr turnaround
let them know you grow organic and would like recommendations to build better soil for your tomatoes

BASIC TEST 3: Available Phosphorus, Exchangeable Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, and Hydrogen, Soil pH (Water and Buffer), Cation Exchange Capacity, and Percent Base Saturation of Cation Elements. PLUS: ZINC, MANGANESE, IRON, COPPER, and BORON

http://watersag.com/service/soil-analysis/

Former Guest

Oh yeah, Logan labs wants five samples for accuracy so what a lot of people do is use each sample for one bed. So 20 smarties for $100.

Latest posts

Latest posts