What's new

moonshine mix

C

CTSV

Hey Mysta!

Hey Mysta!

"How long you been running this mix?"

I have been running a continual variation of this mix for the past year, and I have been happy with the results. REALLY stinky and frosty! The mix is not perfect though. If you follow the OG recipe, the mix will likely need some sort of ferts around day 30. MM even says this. I didn't use dolomite, and ended up having to supplement some cal mag, really depends on which product you are more comfortable using. I plan on using this mix for another 50-100 plants, however I am going to start testing my compost/worm casting mix, and try to go 100% self reliant. I hate going to the grow store.

"what else you got under the hood?"
Quick Mist Diesel: Rez
Double Strawberry Diesel: Rez
Gonzo #2: Rez
G13 Diesel: Head
Casey Jones: Head
Pine Tar Kush: Lean Green
White Eyebrow: 36th Chamber
Power House: Hill Temple Collective (Just went into flower)
C99 x Blueberry: Wally Duck (Just went into flower)

So really 9 strains. All in one mix. The PTK is really loving it, and has shown no deficiency, where all my Diesels seemed to be running a tad low on Cal Mag. Hit them with some LK and Cal Mag Plus, and it is taking care of everything. I am going to give them a pretty heavy feeding Sunday, to bring them on home on. I didn't put, but a few table spoons of dry ferts in, at the start, so they are in need. Everyone of my plants is also 3-5 feet tall. Big Eaters!

More pics coming on Sunday!

Also going to be starting another 12 strains from seed on Sunday!

NYCD f2 x Biko: AnnaC (5)
Johnny Blaze: Legends (5)
Somango: Soma (5)
Rock Bud: Soma (5)
Northern Lights x Haze: Nirvana (5)
White Rhino: Nirvana (5)
Blue Sonja: The Grindhouse (5)
Deep Congo: Richard Williams (5)
Sunshine #2 F1: Hill Temple Collective (5)
Sour Diesel x Mississippi Mud: Vash (2)
Karma's Jack:Karma Genetics (5)
Mirre: Karma Genetics (5)

:muahaha:

C

CTSV

Some close ups of some mmix nibblage!

Some close ups of some mmix nibblage!

G13 Diesel day 49
51923DSCN2335.JPG

White Eyebrow day 49
51923DSCN2305.JPG

Pine Tar Kush day 49
51923Picture_003.jpg

Double Strawberry Diesel day 49
51923Picture_032.jpg

Gonzo #2 day 49
51923Picture_038.jpg

Quick Mist Diesel day 49
51923Picture_046.jpg

Casey Jones day 49
51923Picture_015.jpg

:canabis:

just wondering if the msm orginal mix will work with 20oz bottles cut down to 16oz bottles. As i have read ppl mostly using gallons n up. Just wondering if this mix will work for my setup. Thanks.

Sorry guys...I don't have access to a computer at my house. Can't remember if I should plant rooted clones into LW or into the 3 bag mix without the added ferts? Help.
Thanks
Rocky

hbob

I just finished up mixing up some moonshine mix per the original recipe
in this thread. I'm looking forward to trying out my rooting Kali Mist clones
in it! I was already growing organic with FFOF+Perlite and PBP Grow and
Bloom, and I'm hoping that this mix will increase flavor and reduce my
need for bottled nutes! :smoke:

Calimed

Veteran
hey all!

I am about to run 4 plants in msm from clones from some nor cal club (blue sky or sr71 maybe) and have a question about transplanting. Can I just drop my clones into 5 gallon pots and be fine, or should I start the clones in small pots and have them work their way up?

Also, has anyone grown any purple with this mix? If so, were there any defs I should be looking for? I'm thinking of a purple or a similar heavy indica with trippy undertones.

Thanks!

moneyshot

First outdoor run commenced about 1 & 1/2 months ago, just purchased all my FF soils and ready to make the trek outside for their final stages! I guess I wasn't paying attention to the "overwatering" warning when I decided to go outdoors :wallbash: but all the motions have been set so I will be adding a cap to my pots. I am growing 1 each feminised from Green House Seeds, White Rhino, Strawberry Haze, Nevilles Haze, Arjans Ultra #1 Haze, Super Silver Haze, & Trainwreck. I am growing in 16 gallon pots and hoping for some big tasty treats in November! Does anyone know how this mix does outdoors? What would be a good watering schedule for a 16gallon pot? I am in Florida and if you can believe it we haven't had SHIT for rain but have had great sunshine and cool nights:joint: So I will post back my findings for anyone else ready to take their triumphs outdoors! My plants are going to LOVE me, and I will LOVE them back.

Cheers,
Moneyshot

G

gdawg

im a couple months deep in this mix outdoors and lovin it. i had problems with overwaterin at first too and it took a couple weeks of dryin out for em to recover. now they are lovin life. this mix is killer so far all ive done is water but i plan on feedin with some teas soon. mad props to the maker......

hey guys, how's it goin? this mix sounds great and i'm very intrigued by it...i'd like to use it on my next grow...but i have a few questions for folks with experience...anybody use the mix on any autoflowering strains?? i love diesel ryder, great fucking strain and can take alot of nutes, i ran strain ocean forest with perlite and the results were very dank...i like the sounds of the basic 3 bag mix with chunky perlite and peace of mind ammendments...i can literally mix and then not worry about feeding the plants, except maybe once in flowering!? sounds to good to be true! i've got some purple wreck seeds coming my way and i'd like to get em in this lucious soil mixture...thanks for any help...

GKN

what do you think about using vodoo juice and superthrive with the moonshine mix, i do not believe either prodouct is organic, what do you think

crizzo

this mix is awesome, I have used it for a couple of grow now, and the results are amazing. especially since I just added water. The last crop I grew I put some big bud on a couple plants and did notice a difference. I used it at half strength and in the second and fourth week. I recommend this mix for anyone that want to grow soil. I have veggies in this mix in my backyard and there growing way fast and big.

this mix is awesome, I have used it for a couple of grow now, and the results are amazing. especially since I just added water. The last crop I grew I put some big bud on a couple plants and did notice a difference. I used it at half strength and in the second and fourth week. I recommend this mix for anyone that want to grow soil. I have veggies in this mix in my backyard and there growing way fast and big.
that's exciting, i'm using the mix for the 1st time right now, just a couple weeks in...i used the basic 3 bag with perlite and i didn't add any of the peace of mind in...will my autoflowering plants need any veg nutes since i didn't add any? or will they be fine and just need some sort of flowering ammendments, organic of course...thanks for any help..

gkn

DIYer

Wow this thread is long,.. but ive read almost about all of it! :yoinks:
I'm totally gonna try the moonshine mix and even bought most of the supplies today. This wont be my 1st grow by far (6Th to be exact, mostly hydro) so i do know what im doing but it will be my first moonshine so i thought id ask for help. Ive read over and over how the moonshine method is done (sure wish i could find the original high times article though, anyone know where to find it?) and i love the just add water aspect of it most as i can only check on the plants every few days and im tired of messing with everything hydro. One of the problems i see for me though is i can't transplant to ever growing pot sizes and that's suppose to be key with this method of growing. My grow room only allows for four 1.4 gallon pots,.. kinda small grow this time around. I'm thinking maybe pull the plants when its time for a transplant and remove as much dirt as i can taking care not to damage the roots and refill with new moonshine mix,.. but will that be enough new food for my plants?
I'll be growing 2 Lowlife BlueBerry (real short ladies), 1 Black Domina, and 1 Kali Mist.
What do you moonshiners out there think i should do? :yeahthats

:joint:

Wow this thread is long,.. but ive read almost about all of it! :yoinks:
I'm totally gonna try the moonshine mix and even bought most of the supplies today. This wont be my 1st grow by far (6Th to be exact, mostly hydro) so i do know what im doing but it will be my first moonshine so i thought id ask for help. Ive read over and over how the moonshine method is done (sure wish i could find the original high times article though, anyone know where to find it?) and i love the just add water aspect of it most as i can only check on the plants every few days and im tired of messing with everything hydro. One of the problems i see for me though is i can't transplant to ever growing pot sizes and that's suppose to be key with this method of growing. My grow room only allows for four 1.4 gallon pots,.. kinda small grow this time around. I'm thinking maybe pull the plants when its time for a transplant and remove as much dirt as i can taking care not to damage the roots and refill with new moonshine mix,.. but will that be enough new food for my plants?
I'll be growing 2 Lowlife BlueBerry (real short ladies), 1 Black Domina, and 1 Kali Mist.
What do you moonshiners out there think i should do? :yeahthats

:joint:
yeah man, wayyy too long and it sucks, it's pretty much dead!! i posted bout a month ago and nobody says shit....the mix is incredible, i'm on my first grow using it, i'm doing auto's, diesel ryder, white dwarf and auto ak...and i gotta say, so far it's awesome, i haven't used any nutes and the plants are booming...towards the end i may use a bit of earth juice bloom, which is fully organic...i think you'll be ok without transplanting, but i'm not 100% on that....

gkn

Latest posts

Latest posts