What's new

MMJ bill introduced in Texas

U

uncle_shorty

e20sm0ke, it is not possible the way texas is layed out,... ask Keith Stroup...many people have already tried this, dont waste resources......

C

cheerio

Texas has already adopted bills to allow citations instead of arrests, the problem stems from Texas's districts. The way Texas districts are laid out it is the many many small counties that decide elections thereby largely alienating the larger cities of Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, and Austin, which are largely DEMOCRATIC cities.
See http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25382423/race/president
The only real choice is referendum, but would ultimately more than likely be shot down since most of the smaller counties of Texas contain very very ignorant people. ( Not unlike many other states though )

C

cheerio

On a positive note though if you're respectful and don't lie MANY cops will trash it and let you go, but some will still arrest you but that's a judgment call based on how you perceive the officer. Just another catch 22.

BlueMonk

Texan here that just traveled out to SF this week. Not the first time but boy it just seems to get freer every visit. Wish I could say that I see hope here in Texas but don't.

K

kittykronic

guys it will happen..in case all you have'nt noticed the rest of the U.S. generally follows cali..most things seem to start there and then sweepp east..soon we will be able to buy elits in every state, it may take a few years but it will happen..have a little patience..and when it does happen seeds and clones will be cheaper than they are now..and all our dutch breeder friends will have to lower their prices just to compete..peace

danut

Texas has already adopted bills to allow citations instead of arrests, the problem stems from Texas's districts. The way Texas districts are laid out it is the many many small counties that decide elections thereby largely alienating the larger cities of Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, and Austin, which are largely DEMOCRATIC cities.
See http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25382423/race/president
The only real choice is referendum, but would ultimately more than likely be shot down since most of the smaller counties of Texas contain very very ignorant people. ( Not unlike many other states though )
Most folks in Michigan thought the same kinds of things.

When the vote came in it was 63% yes. It passed in every county.
The majority of Republicans voted yes.

danut

Here is what happened in Michigan.

Just before the campaign for petitioning began, they ran a survey. At that moment 59% of voters were willing to vote yes.

After the campaign for the petition signatures the same survey question showed 67% support.

Just getting out and talking one to one with the voters caused a sharp gain in support.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I live in texas, and I think we can get this bill to pass. Most texans think that the government has no business telling you what you can or cant do in your own home, as long as you arnt hurting anyone. We have an independent spirit here. I read that in dallas that a new law passed. they wont arrest you if you get caught with less than a quarter oz. And it is the officers choice to arrest you up to 1 oz. They will still give you a ticket and a court date though. and you will still get probation.

It is too bad the land sucks for recreation, and the people cant drive. Also it is like 105 in the summer. I want to move really bad.

Latest posts

Latest posts