What's new

METAL!!!!

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Ahhh, tracks 2 and 3 recorded at Sunlight Studios, now legendary. Entombed recorded there. That buzz saw guitar sound that has forever been copied is unmistakable.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
tracks 7,8,9 were also recorded at Sunlight.

Much better production IMO, on the 5 tracks I listed.

Grotesque SLAY!

vta

Veteran
What's up FIRE \m/

Caught Rush last week..great show for sure. Looking forward to Knotfest.

Been really digging the new Lamb of God cd....good stuff !

:headbange

[YOUTUBEIF]OCmBWOF1A0g[/YOUTUBEIF]

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
All is well on the home front.

Here's hoping all is well with you and yours.

Will always be a Rush fan, no matter how much death metal I listen to.

Have fun at Knotfest!

I'm sure you will.

Gramse

Ahhh, tracks 2 and 3 recorded at Sunlight Studios, now legendary. Entombed recorded there. That buzz saw guitar sound that has forever been copied is unmistakable.

Alot of good shit have been recorded in that studio for sure, Sunlight played a big role in death metal for that area at the time. But what I like the most is the outcome, the melodic death metal. Bands like At the gate, dark tranqility, in flames etc I hold close to my heart.

Just listen to this, simple best there is:

Dark tranqility-The gallery

At the gates-Cold

Last edited:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Alot of good shit have been recorded in that studio for sure, Sunlight played a big role in death metal for that area at the time. But what I like the most is the outcome, the melodic death metal. Bands like At the gate, dark tranqility, in flames etc I hold close to my heart.

Just listen to this, simple best there is:

Dark tranqility-The gallery

At the gates-Cold

Not a fan of melodic death metal. The shrieking/screamed vocals don't do it for me. I don't care for black metal for the same reason.

I will listen to and have respect for all genres. Metal is cool, regardless of genre.

Bands like Suffocation, Autopsy, Asphyx, The Chasm, Carnage, etc, are really taking up time in the player as of late.

Looking to add Incantation and Immolation to the collection asap.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
this is the best metal album. i am listenin to this while i work today

[YOUTUBEIF]Nb6JiKL3d1s[/YOUTUBEIF]

inthenightsideeclipse_cover.jpg

All right Gramse, have to admit, now I'm listening to this, and think it's great.

Carcass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qtWlvu1YoA

Stepping out of my comfort zone!

At the Gates is pretty bad ass too!
I agree, melodic death metal can take a bad turn if you're not careful. So much of it has been done without attention to detail. Anders Björler is one of my favorite guitarists and I also enjoy his later work in The Haunted.

Heartwork is an essential album and I wouldn't call it defining of Carcass' sound, but it gives a fantastic glimpse into Michael Amott's ability, also one of my faves. His work in Arch Enemy is worth a listen now and then.

If you can get into At the Gates, then you might be able to stomach some Dark Tranquility, lots of debate over their best, for what its worth their finest work is The Gallery. Then there is always In Flames, again difficult to choose a pinnacle, but anything between '96 and '99 is okay, I favor The Jester Race.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Carcass changed their sound over the years so they are tough to label any way you look at it. Never listened to anything after Heartwork, but their first 3 albums are right up my alley. Listened to Gramse's link to In Flames, didn't care for that. Dark Tranquility was a better listen for me, than IF. Going to check out The Jester Race.

Amott is an amazing talent.