What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Massachusetts Outdoor

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
The Prestop Biofungicide kicks ass. At 40 grams to the gallon it stopped some botrytis dead in it's tracks. The plants that had no visible mold growth before getting sprayed still have no visible mold.
Granted, we have had decent weather the last few days but still have enough condensation and ocean fogs at night that would facilitate mold growth, but the Prestop seems to be working really well.
Much better than Actinovate, in my experience.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Use something like old sheets instead of plastic if you are trying to protect them from cooler weather at night. If you really need to use plastic place a sheet first with the plastic on top. Remove the sheets first thing in the morning.
You can spray paint some gallon jugs black, fill them with water and let them heat up in the sun during the day. Put them at the base of your plants at night under the sheets. They will throw some heat to help keep things a bit warmer at night.
That's a brilliant MacGuyver idea with the black jugs to hold onto heat for the night.

NENugger

Hey ODW - your plants look great. You must spend a lot of time going from site to site.

More weed from Ma. North of Boston. First year outdoor grow.
Uphill shot. Strain is PurpleBud, but nothing about it is purple. I call it notPurple. Maybe colors will show in fall.

picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Actually.... I really dont. The spot with 5x Glues I've barely been overthere at all. My partners are basically in charge of daily waterings.
I do have to stop there and take a peek though. Get 5x trellis' up and get them babies supported to hold them heavy Glue buds.

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
The bumblebees are very busy collecting pollen off the male sativa plant today. There were probably 20-30 of them buzzing around it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
Marijuana honey is non psychoactive right? The male plants have such low thc levels it's probably not even detectable levels?

I would say you are correct, AgentPothead. I dont see any honeybees/bumbles on the female plants. Bumbles dont really make honey anyhow.They make more of a nectar.

interesting you're keeping a male. (throw me some seeds) lol

What's so unusual about keeping and using a male plant?

master kusher

Most people that grow only keep the females and kill the males to make sensi buds or seedless. These days if it isn't sensi it doesn't pass for smoke most of the time(even the cartels are making sensi buds(along with seeded too, but I can tell that they've def. raised their game))

The only time I see people keeping males is to breed quality genetics normally.

NENugger

Actually.... I really dont. The spot with 5x Glues I've barely been overthere at all. My partners are basically in charge of daily waterings.
I do have to stop there and take a peek though. Get 5x trellis' up and get them babies supported to hold them heavy Glue buds.

That's sounds like your partners are working out. Which must take the pressure off a bit.

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
Most people that grow only keep the females and kill the males to make sensi buds or seedless. These days if it isn't sensi it doesn't pass for smoke most of the time(even the cartels are making sensi buds(along with seeded too, but I can tell that they've def. raised their game))

The only time I see people keeping males is to breed quality genetics normally.

Thanks for explaining that to me. :thank you: I thought I could just make the plant grow lots of seeds to add weight when I sell it .

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Question

Question

So I am wondering if/when I should give a little nutrient help for flowering. I was thinking about mixing 20gallons of water with some gh kool bloom and some gh floraliciouse plus to water today. I guess I am just used to coco indoor where you put the nutrients you want in it. What do some of the more experienced outdoor folks have to say? Thanks for any and all help :tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Got both big Glues moved out from under that awful pine tree, that was just starting to drip sap and drop big, heavy pinecones.
Moved them across the entire yard. Put a big piece of cardboard(refrigerator box) under it and drug it smoothly across the dry grass. Piece of cake! All staked and trellised up for the rest of the season.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
A good compost tea will liven them right up.

Not trying to be lazy but am limited on time currently :) what is the easiest fastest way to do what you are saying. Mind you I am a newbie especially in the outdoor venue so any links or visual aids lol are appreciated :tiphat::thank you:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Get Fox Farms Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom. That should hold you over till harvest.
Just mix, ph, and water.
Give 3 tsp per gln of GrowBig now, and thats it for nitrogen.
Then 1 tsp Tiger Bloom and 1 tbl Big Bloom per gln.
Water with just ph balanced water between feedings.
Feed every other watering.

Or you can give them what you were gonna give them in the 20gln jug. If you want to save money.
Thats a GG#4 in the bottom pic huh?

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Looks just like the Glue.

Is there any reason you like Fox farm over gh for nutes? Gonna go to hydro store later to get some stuff. I have some gh nutes left and was gonna stick with the line unless there is reason to switch. Essentially you are saying to give a balanced feed with n for the first watering and then p,h boosters every other watering? What should I be P.H. ing to for outdoor? Inside was between 5.8 - 6.3 6.3 was more at the end of flowering.