Discount code"ICMAG"

Attachments

• Big Flower.jpg
    Big Flower.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 18

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I like that the sp6500 is 650w. I would prefer it was the sp650 of course, but it's getting better. Maybe the sp2.8X650 or sp650w would be ideal. Anything is better than a 2000 that's 300w though. I just don't have time to find lights that have names that don't describe them. I see grow diaries naming the lights and just move along as it's meaningless.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Also, lots of newbies buy the ts600 and think they got a 600W light. Seen at least 3 threads around icmag during past month with this "problem".

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I like that the sp6500 is 650w. I would prefer it was the sp650 of course, but it's getting better. Maybe the sp2.8X650 or sp650w would be ideal. Anything is better than a 2000 that's 300w though. I just don't have time to find lights that have names that don't describe them. I see grow diaries naming the lights and just move along as it's meaningless.

Honestly, it is only a product name. Many other suppliers did like this on amazon. But as a customer, i think it is reasonable to check out the light description before making any purchase. The draw power can be easily founded in description. So we don't think it is deceptive. :shucks:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
This man compared HPS with TS1000. Here is the result.

To purchase TS1000 through our website: https://bit.ly/30DesD0 Coupon code"ICMAG" :dance013:

Attachments

• HPS.jpg
    HPS.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 18
  • TS1000.jpg
    TS1000.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 22
  • hpsss.jpg
    hpsss.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Lovely.jpg
    Lovely.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 19

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hello guys. A good news for you all. There will be a new giveaway before the upcoming black Friday. Are you excited? :dance013:

For now, i just can tell the date of the giveaway.
-- It will be from 23th to 30th Nov.
-- The prize is a quantum board LED grow light.

More details will be announced in the next few days. Stay tuned. :huggg:

Attachments

• Forum.jpg
    Forum.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 12

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Honestly, it is only a product name. Many other suppliers did like this on amazon. But as a customer, i think it is reasonable to check out the light description before making any purchase. The draw power can be easily founded in description. So we don't think it is deceptive. :shucks:

The biggest problem in the lighting industry right now is giving products names. Lights don't have names, they have ratings. Take a walk to the local shop to buy a bulb. What are you looking at on the packing? Orsam? Sylvania? Philips? no, it's 40 60 100. For years we have grown with 6s 4s and 250s. It is what it is. Then came the deception. The confusing equivalents. Today's topic a guy with a 600 that's a 90. A 600 that's a 90 isn't very descriptive and yet everyone knows that's 90 watts I'm talking about because that is lighting convention. It's not a presumption, it's conventional. So when the box says 600 people expect 600. If it's just a name, call it the big hal. Nobody will care. Only the number matters and it should express watts. Not power consumption either. Lamp watts. A meanwell 240 is 240 lamp watts and 260 wall watts. The 260w figure is misleading. That's why its a meanwell 240. It's lighting convention.

A well known cycling supplier just decided that output in lumens is not worth knowing and is pushing how many lux their lights output now. They claim it better describes beam pattern. All it really does is make the number on the packaging bigger by using Standard Index figures incorrectly so no comparisons can be made. Those of us that can see through this just know the brand is lying so look elsewhere.

People just want watts. Many don't want to learn any more than that. It's the primary indicator of what lights do. Used for decades. Not lumens or umol/j just watts at the lamp. Any inflation just leads to unhappy customers switching back to HIDs

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I guess sooner or later the industry will learn that.
Most people don't look for the growminator 9000+ or other fancy names, but for a decent lamp to grow some weed under it. Sell it at a decent price and it will be a hit.
I personally don't care that much about this, because I always check specs and labels when buying something, but it would for sure help some people. And, as others said, it would be easier to discuss lights if the name reflected their power.

And, since I posted here, you can check my update from today,
Critical Kush (autoflower) from Urban Legends grown under Mars Hydro TS1000 (150W) at day 40 from seed:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=9049610#post9049610
picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
From the pictures, it looks like a TS model. Was that what's being given away, or an example picture? Will you be doing any tent giveaways at any point? Or do I have to buy one lol?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Aspen, if you want UV, get an SP model. If like me, you don't, go for a TS model, or two for extra flexibility.
For me, the advantage of LED isn't saving watts, its the ability to alter the output at will, rather than needing multiple ballasts and bulbs, and the much lower heat output. So you can get more watts into the same space.

indagroove

Veteran
Only the number matters and it should express watts. Not power consumption either. Lamp watts. A meanwell 240 is 240 lamp watts and 260 wall watts. The 260w figure is misleading. That's why its a meanwell 240. It's lighting convention.

My Meanwell 240 will pull close to 300watts from the wall, delivering at least 280watts to the boards when set to max.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I guess sooner or later the industry will learn that.
Most people don't look for the growminator 9000+ or other fancy names, but for a decent lamp to grow some weed under it. Sell it at a decent price and it will be a hit.
I personally don't care that much about this, because I always check specs and labels when buying something, but it would for sure help some people. And, as others said, it would be easier to discuss lights if the name reflected their power.

And, since I posted here, you can check my update from today,
Critical Kush (autoflower) from Urban Legends grown under Mars Hydro TS1000 (150W) at day 40 from seed:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=9049610#post9049610
View Image

Looks pretty well. :plant grow:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Good news, guys. The black friday sale has begun on our website.:party:

It will be from 27th to 30th. The best deal of the year.

Discount code"ICMAG" :D

Happy shopping! :dancer:

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 16

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
The black friday sale ended today. Hope you all get what you wanted with the best price. :D
Our sales almost doubled compared to last month. Thanks for your all support. :angelshug:

There might be a big sale April 20, 2021. Stay tuned. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts