What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Taima-da

I have heard that in Pakistan the best hash has been aged for three years in a pouch made from sheep (stomach, intestine or bladder, can't remember which). Tang has mentioned the best Lebanese hash was traditionally cured also. I suspect that the inside of a ball of hash is fairly impervious to oxygen degradation.
I'm sure there are corollaries in other hash cultures/regions.
So the best hash of the past was indeed cobbed to some degree it seems.

moose/MI

I have heard that in Pakistan the best hash has been aged for three years in a pouch made from sheep (stomach, intestine or bladder, can't remember which). Tang has mentioned the best Lebanese hash was traditionally cured also. I suspect that the inside of a ball of hash is fairly impervious to oxygen degradation.
I'm sure there are corollaries in other hash cultures/regions.
So the best hash of the past was indeed cobbed to some degree it seems.
I remember reading something similar. I believe it was dry sift they filled the stomach's with. I don't remember if the author thought there was any lacto activity going on?

I pay special attention to wedging the temple ball like clay to get the air out of the center. Part of the reason I like the 45 gram or so size to work with.

moose/MI

I'm going to start harvesting tomorrow. That will start my clock to have all my ducks in a row to cob.
I've been going back through the thread and here's a few details I would like opinions on.
1000018118.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts