What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

ost

Sorry @ost 🙏🏻. Hope you get well soon bru that sounds like a nightmare !
it is hell old nose mashed all over my face,woke up on a saturday nite @230 could'nt catch my breath ,they cut away,a blood vessel under my chin 4 days and nights later (on a ventaltor)
Sorry @ost 🙏🏻. Hope you get well soon bru that sounds like a nightmare !
1 rude awaking for me to say the least!

F@#* Ost.... get better fast brother. Keep updating. In other news .... how did that 6 month cob smell? Going for a nibble today?
Will keep you in mind these days. Heal well.
sweet smelling,light color

Tangwena

Veteran
I hope this shit passes brother I hate hospitals myself the last time I visited one it was a teaching hospital.
You are in there just for the new doctors and surgeons to practice on!
I checked myself out after 6 hours when they said I had to stay overnight.
No fucking way I'm ever going back I'd rather die naturally.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I hope this shit passes brother I hate hospitals myself the last time I visited one it was a teaching hospital.
You are in there just for the new doctors and surgeons to practice on!
I checked myself out after 6 hours when they said I had to stay overnight.
No fucking way I'm ever going back I'd rather die naturally.
There may be some truth in what you say, however, as an ex health care pro, I'd sooner go to a teaching hospital, as they have high standards to maintain when teaching.

Saying that, I hate the places too and discharged myself 7 days after my brain surgery.

Get well soon @ost

Onboard

Hi everybody,
It is such a pleasure following this thread, thank you @Tangwena, and the whole family!

By the recent progress by @funkyhorse, and earlier @StickyBandit, I have been inspired to look into dryer curing, mini brick style: (Sowahh, Strawberry Mist, Blue Dream
IMG_6302.jpeg

IMG_6301.jpeg

Smelling promising, and will make more soon! The driest blue dream brick crumbles up nicely for smoking, no grinder needed.

Ok see you soon, wishing everybody a blessed Saturday!

Attachments

• IMG_6302.jpeg
    IMG_6302.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6301.jpeg
    IMG_6301.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 39

Onboard

Information like this, is what this thread is all about!, Imho.

Thank you brother🙏
I second that brother!
Hat’s off for the dedication, @Rastafarout! 🔥🤜🤛
An excellent reply brother!
Thank you my friend! Did you also think that the cob sample had undergone less decarboxylation, though?

Because maybe that is not so counterintuitive, after all?
Being primarily a preservation tech, there is nothing strange about the cob being closer to its natural state ( i.e higher in THC-A ), when compared to dry flower.
And by a very simple analogy to a soda can, it kind of makes sense (?), that keeping the cob under pressure might make it harder to lose its CO2, too?

Maybe we just got it a bit wrong when we pre-suppose that THC-A equals non-psychoactive.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I second that brother!
Hat’s off for the dedication, @Rastafarout! 🔥🤜🤛

Thank you my friend! Did you also think that the cob sample had undergone less decarboxylation, though?

Because maybe that is not so counterintuitive, after all?
Being primarily a preservation tech, there is nothing strange about the cob being closer to its natural state ( i.e higher in THC-A ), when compared to dry flower.
And by a very simple analogy to a soda can, it kind of makes sense (?), that keeping the cob under pressure might make it harder to lose its CO2, too?

Maybe we just got it a bit wrong when we pre-suppose that THC-A equals non-psychoactive.
I need to give this some thought, And today England play football,(for what its worth). They've been awful so far and sadly I'm not expecting to win tonight.

But Spain were bloody brilliant last night! (Sorry to clog up the thread @Tangwena 😂)

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi everybody,
It is such a pleasure following this thread, thank you @Tangwena, and the whole family!

By the recent progress by @funkyhorse, and earlier @StickyBandit, I have been inspired to look into dryer curing, mini brick style: (Sowahh, Strawberry Mist, Blue Dream
View attachment 19028200
View attachment 19028201
Smelling promising, and will make more soon! The driest blue dream brick crumbles up nicely for smoking, no grinder needed.

Ok see you soon, wishing everybody a blessed Saturday!
Beautiful colours there brother that looks damn near perfect curing love your work.

Tangwena

Veteran
There may be some truth in what you say, however, as an ex health care pro, I'd sooner go to a teaching hospital, as they have high standards to maintain when teaching.

Saying that, I hate the places too and discharged myself 7 days after my brain surgery.

Get well soon @ost
Not over here my doctor? took 5 shots to get an IV into my vein the nurses were much more experienced luckily.
Its a bit of a shit show where I live ha ha.
Saying that though my Doctor is great and I have faith in him he's a nice guy as well.
The hospital I went too is always in the news for cockups and loosing patients ha ha. I blame the management as others seem to not have so many bad reports as they do.
Probably just overwhelmed and underfunded it certainly appeared that way ha ha.

I've been experimenting with varies mixes of cobs and it seems the way to go to me.
Rather than mixing in breeding, take two or three known effects and try mixing differing ratios of them it seems to give perfect results.
My grow box is getting funky bro I'm loving this grow more every day ha ha.

oldmaninbc

420club
Not over here my doctor? took 5 shots to get an IV into my vein the nurses were much more experienced luckily.
Its a bit of a shit show where I live ha ha.
Saying that though my Doctor is great and I have faith in him he's a nice guy as well.
The hospital I went too is always in the news for cockups and loosing patients ha ha. I blame the management as others seem to not have so many bad reports as they do.
Probably just overwhelmed and underfunded it certainly appeared that way ha ha.

I've been experimenting with varies mixes of cobs and it seems the way to go to me.
Rather than mixing in breeding, take two or three known effects and try mixing differing ratios of them it seems to give perfect results.
My grow box is getting funky bro I'm loving this grow more every day ha ha.
Because of lung disorders I cannot smoke and have been using edibles.

I will mix different strains for various reasons. I like mixing different strains into my edibles.
I don't always do it but quite often I do.

Tangwena

Veteran
Because of lung disorders I cannot smoke and have been using edibles.

I will mix different strains for various reasons. I like mixing different strains into my edibles.
I don't always do it but quite often I do.
I have a Colombian Gold x Demon Latcher that is pure euphoric bliss but thats all.
So I mix it with Mulanje and its everything I could want, energy, focus, creativity and a great sense of fun.
The perfect high in my book just add a little more of one or the other to bring out the desired effect.
Its the way to go I reckon.
All chewed of course no smoking anymore.

Tangwena

Veteran
I've been doing tinctures for the past 4-5 years and about 6 months ago I started mixing 2 with good results. Cobs should be no different. I use the whole plant in tinctures for the entourage effect.
Tinctures are they like oils or diluted oils? never heard of them before.
I used to smoke oils and cob mixed but found oils way to hard to dose orally plus the high was not what I wanted either.
Cobs work perfectly for me without any extractions needed.

mike-or-ozzy

Tinctures are they like oils or diluted oils? never heard of them before.
I used to smoke oils and cob mixed but found oils way to hard to dose orally plus the high was not what I wanted either.
Cobs work perfectly for me without any extractions needed.

Tincture is weed soaked in 180 proof alcohol. That's too harsh for me so I use 15- proof black rum, soaked for 30 days minimum, then strained and put in bottles with an eyedropper. It took a while to dial in the dose but I've got it now. I was doing waay too much at first.

Yes Tange the cobs are easier by far and better flight imo. Thank you amigo. :tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
Tincture is weed soaked in 180 proof alcohol. That's too harsh for me so I use 15- proof black rum, soaked for 30 days minimum, then strained and put in bottles with an eyedropper. It took a while to dial in the dose but I've got it now. I was doing waay too much at first.

Yes Tange the cobs are easier by far and better flight imo. Thank you amigo. :tiphat:
Yes its easy to overdose especially on oils. I like the idea of black rum though ha ha.
I used to love that stuff back in the day.
I used to do Tequila or Mezcal with ground cob powder soaked in it but I used a shot glass to measure it ha ha.
Shit I miss getting fucked up on that stuff. Its how I learned to duck and weave at parties ha ha.

weedebook

Thanks
Yes, I just wanted to know if it really gets you high without decarboxylation.🤗 What's the difference when smoking cobbing versus regular buds? How does the high change? I once bought cheap Thai weed that was brown and pressed. It was awful but only cost 4 euros😅. It couldn't have been what so many rave about here. That's why I wanted to try it myself.😶‍🌫️🤓

Are you in bangkok thailand i have some if you want to try.

Latest posts

Latest posts