What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Maria Sanchez

Forgot to say the banana bark definitely gives it a perfume aroma on top of the canna smells
Just like they smell in Africa , but the “perfume” is more pronounced there

@Maria Sanchez I’ve tried that too and using a compost pile for my heat source
But I dont wanna clog the thread up
How did you know I'm over here watching composting videos on YouTube? :p

Rastafarout

Premium user
We’re all mad just sone more the others lol and the worlds getting madder every hour!

Im in U.K. but not from here …
The weather here is just so shite I could cry haha , bit over living for the summers that don’t come anymore ,
Thanks Gov.

I was using the compost as my heat source and seeing what kind of bacteria get in good or bad
The problem is you need to keep adding fresh material to keep it “heated”
As I had a small pile only ( cut grass)
A big pile wold probably hold the heat longer

Did 12 days
So was only getting 6 days of high heat
42 degrees centigrade
The other 6 were about 20 degrees
3 days 20
6 days 42
3 days 20

I wrapped this cob in scooby wire as o wanted to see if it was gonna rot
You can easily see through the green scooby wire
Also got some vacuum bags going , they never biodegraded wasn’t sure lol

IMG_0296.png
IMG_0295.png

IMG_0294.png

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
We’re all mad just sone more the others lol and the worlds getting madder every hour!

Im in U.K. but not from here …
The weather here is just so shite I could cry haha , bit over living for the summers that don’t come anymore ,
Thanks Gov.

I was using the compost as my heat source and seeing what kind of bacteria get in good or bad
The problem is you need to keep adding fresh material to keep it “heated”
As I had a small pile only ( cut grass)
A big pile wold probably hold the heat longer

Did 12 days
So was only getting 6 days of high heat
42 degrees centigrade
The other 6 were about 20 degrees
3 days 20
6 days 42
3 days 20

I wrapped this cob in scooby wire as o wanted to see if it was gonna rot
You can easily see through the green scooby wire
Also got some vacuum bags going , they never biodegraded wasn’t sure lol

View attachment 19027421 View attachment 19027420

View attachment 19027414
Information like this, is what this thread is all about!, Imho.

Thank you brother🙏

blondie

@Maria Sanchez I have easy access to lotus leaves as well, the kind used in Asian cooking though. One of my first experimental cobs was using lotus leaf. I found the size I have access to was far too small for the task at hand. Nevertheless... I forged ahead and made a small pencil cob. I then tied it with twine and finally vacuum bagged the entire thing. A few weeks ago I opened a one year old Punta rosa cob. While hunting for it, I unearthed the lotus leaf cob. I think you are familiar with MM x HZ21 . Well this lotus pencil cob is that strain and is now over a year old. I’m working my way through the pr cob at the moment but you’ve got my interest now. That cob is next.

sneezydog

Yes, wrap it with banana bark from the base of the trunk from where the leaf meets the trunk it gets like cardboard as shown. Then tie it with paracord and wrap the hell out of it. A loose wrap and then a super tight one. Then put it in that vacc bag and you will have the best hybrid tech to try different old cures without any worry.
Rasta, how did that come out? If done. :)

Rastafarout

Premium user
Very clean up ..smooth .. no taste of mould or composty at all … just having some , bong rips now .. gonna be hard to sleep lol
Clear headed makes chest feel really loose not Flem just easier to breath somehow( not that I battle) slight body buzz

The red is the red hairs not baco I only do clean green

Not mould …

IMG_0339.jpeg

sneezydog

I just meant on the surface of the cob. Its common sometimes if the wrap isnt suuuuppppper tight . But not a problem just on the surface and not internal. Also will die completely after some good vacc sealed time. Others might give their thoughts. I can see crystals as well.:) A closer pic might help. Crumbled cob looks gorgeous.
I think it feels like that because all the terps are there... its a great flavor saver

Maria Sanchez

@blondie --
The lotus leaves here are also mostly for Asian cooking, but they're big, like 50 cm x 50 cm cut square (20" x 20"), so if I use these, they aren't going to be pencil cobs, more like solid brick size. (If I harvest enough, that is!)

@sneezydog --
Thanks for the tips on the banana palm bark, and where to cut it. Makes me want to go out exploring the local wild roadside banana palms, hehe.

ost

Green haze A19,
View attachment 19027773 6 months old, so still young, but it is seriously strong. Everyone who's tried it is amazed. Thank you @dubi
got out of the hospital yesterday, at week three in there,they had me ready to fight nothing to eat or drink for the past three weeks*9[]
Green haze A19,
View attachment 19027773 6 months old, so still young, but it is seriously strong. Everyone who's tried it is amazed. Thank you @dubi
i just opened cob@ 6 months old been flat,on my back,nothing to eat or drink.dr's orders at three weeks ever time they pulled the feed tube it felt like i was drinking a water foutain,nothing in the mouth,the auto i/v drug line from hospital pharama sir,what is pain scale this morning,most days it was 6thru9,i do not know how many cc of this pain management, i know i was getting a real good amount pharma. i/v drugs , got pissed off at them.i told my wife i was being made into junkie, then they started talking a feed tube in my side,nope they wanted a swollow study 1st.my toung is still swelled to the point it is all i can do to close my mouth much less swollow!

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
got out of the hospital yesterday, at week three in there,they had me ready to fight nothing to eat or drink for the past three weeks*9[]

i just opened cob@ 6 months old been flat,on my back,nothing to eat or drink.dr's orders at three weeks ever time they pulled the feed tube it felt like i was drinking a water foutain,nothing in the mouth,the auto i/v drug line from hospital pharama sir,what is pain scale this morning,most days it was 6thru9,i do not know how many cc of this pain management, i know i was getting a real good amount pharma. i/v drugs , got pissed off at them.i told my wife i was being made into junkie, then they started talking a feed tube in my side,nope they wanted a swollow study 1st.my toung is still swelled to the point it is all i can do to close my mouth
@ost you poor thing.

Get some cob inside you brother; real medicine.

Get will soon. Sending you positive energy. ❤🙏

ost

@ost you poor thing.

Get some cob inside you brother; real medicine.

Get will soon. Sending you positive energy. ❤🙏
poor thing here was on the edge ,of useing the cord/remote from tv for self defence ! day two on the loose second cob chew is gone! has a real sweet smell,for a young ,it was chosen on color alone!the buzz is great!

Last edited: