What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Haaa...I didn't have much to say but every now and then I quit getting notifications and then I have a bunch of catching up to do!!! So, this is how I get back in the loop!!!
I better not stay too long, I can feel the Coco-cob kicking in!!!!
I have just started an experiment to with very finely gound cob in chocolate - no chewing involved - to see if ingestion will work as well as chewing and absorbing thru the saliva. Oh, what I do for science!!!! :dance013: :good:
I just had the best day tripping ha ha. I mixed my best SMG/DL cob with one of my best Mulanje cobs 50/50
Its just so strong, so in the moment ha ha.
This morning at 11am I had just finished chewing them into dust, the taste was incredible, incense and pine.
I went into my garage/workshop to get some tools.
The next thing I know my wife calls and says she's on her way home ha ha.
It was 4.30pm in a flash it just raced away from me.
I had also rearranged my tools and equipment a massive job I was putting off.
Made dinner the best beef curry ever ha ha.
This is only the beginning.

Tangwena

Veteran
Good morning @Buzzzzd , I think you'll find it works just fine. Occasionally Mrs DM just eats it rather than chew's and gets just as high; it just takes a lot longer to reach the peak.

One of the beauties of chewing for us is that the effects can usually be felt in 10mins.

Our daughter is over from England and is smoking this this morning

Destroyer (CBG 2005 stock).
View attachment 19025407
Looks like real Thai/Mexican heaven brother how is the aroma?

Quote: One of the beauties of chewing for us is that the effects can usually be felt in 10mins.

Amen brother. I love when I get a numb face going up. I know I have a wild ride in front of me.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Looks like real Thai/Mexican heaven brother how is the aroma?

Quote: One of the beauties of chewing for us is that the effects can usually be felt in 10mins.

Amen brother. I love when I get a numb face going up. I know I have a wild ride in front of me.
The predominant smell is pine, with a little citrus and perhaps a little milk chocolate. (Virtually all my cobs seem to have a hint of chocolate, wether it be milk, white or plain.)

The taste is little earthy, with a hint of mint. Towards the end, the taste changes to hash.

Despite the cob being 6months old, there are no real crystals developing on the outside😢, however, its extremely strong.
A small spliff completely floors the majority of my friends😍

Last edited:

Buzzzzd

One of the beauties of chewing for us is that the effects can usually be felt in 10mins.
One of my problems right now is that my present weed probably isn't the greatest for cob...but it's what I have. I'm trying to figure out what works best - leave cob chunky in the chocolates so that it is chewable or grind very fine in the chocolate and I just ingest it. The other problem is that I sort of have lost track of which cob is which of the four species that I grew...and...one 10g cob makes about 35 chocolates....
my experiments seem to lose focus!!!!! :whee: :whee::whee:
PS - I'm also experimenting with the infusion time in the chocolate before I pour into mold. With the fine grind I don't think it would make a difference but....

Last edited:

Absorber

One of my problems right now is that my present weed probably isn't the greatest for cob...but it's what I have. I'm trying to figure out what works best - leave cob chunky in the chocolates so that it is chewable or grind very fine in the chocolate and I just ingest it. The other problem is that I sort of have lost track of which cob is which of the four species that I grew...and...one 10g cob makes about 35 chocolates....
PS - I'm also expeimenting with the infusion time in the chocolate before I pour into mold. With the fine grind I don't think it would make a difference but....
So you are adding it to food not just chewing it like chewing tobacco?

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I wonder why that might be😉🙂😂

But seriously, I imagine that ground would give you better results, especially as that fat in the chocolate would pick up the "goodness" from the cob.

I would also imagine that, providing you ate them on a reasonably empty stomach, then they too would start to hit in a relatively short period of time.

Many people I know aren't big fans of the taste of cob, especially the darker more spacey ones, but if your able to get past that then "the world's your lobster" as they say, ¿or was it "oyster" 😂🙏

velorex

never tried this, but the talk about mixing with chocolate got me thinking about how i mix rosin with honey. it has fat and sugars in it, i feel my edibles hit harder and faster made with the honey mix. also, dried shrooms in honey kept for as long as i could keep from eating them, and still kept the potency. cured cob in honey sound delicious.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
never tried this, but the talk about mixing with chocolate got me thinking about how i mix rosin with honey. it has fat and sugars in it, i feel my edibles hit harder and faster made with the honey mix. also, dried shrooms in honey kept for as long as i could keep from eating them, and still kept the potency. cured cob in honey sound delicious.
I have blue honey! It has mushrooms and cob on it! And also a little bit of lsd 😂

A small amount is sufficient for a micro dose and will only give a light dose of cob, but a trip dose of honey will give an extra strong dose of cob + plus a strong micro dose of Acid😍

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Do try it Velorex. Have you never made cobs or just never tried the mixing with honey. Sounds like a good mix, for me in a warm place id need a fridge or freezer i think to keep the honey from slowly fermenting, especially with any added material.
If the honey's the real trying and doesn't have added water or whatever else they put in, then fermentation shouldn't be an issue. Blue honey ought to good for many years. 🙂

Buzzzzd

I have considered trying a smidge of honey in the cob material when I press it. Probably be messy doing anything after tho. I haven't noticed any effect from the brown sugar I added other than just a bit of taste in the very beginning of the chew. But not enough to circumvent the need for a dab of butter. :dance013:

Tangwena

Veteran
The predominant smell is pine, with a little citrus and perhaps a little milk chocolate. (Virtually all my cobs seem to have a hint of chocolate, wether it be milk, white or plain.)

The taste is little earthy, with a hint of mint. Towards the end, the taste changes to hash.

Despite the cob being 6months old, there are no real crystals developing on the outside😢, however, its extremely strong.
A small spliff completely floors the majority of my friends😍
Pine is what I love the most along with lime,menthol and incense.
I have a nice Destroyer filling in bud sites and yes I found the KA5 by the stem rub the smells are developing nicely my friend thank you.

Buzzzzd

Hey Cobbers...I tried one of my Choco-cobs last nite at about 7 pm and was surprised that I could feel it kicking in within a half hour and it slowly built from there. This choco-cob was made with the finely ground cob but was a fairly short infusion time, maybe 6 hours, but it did get fairly hot. The water in my double boiler system did boil. I was surprised at how quick it worked since it was by ingestion and on a full stomach.
Anyway....here is my recipe, just in case anyone else wanted to try this...

approx 10g of cob, finely ground
1 tsp. lecithin
1 tsp. coconut oil
add all ingredients to a 8 oz mason jar and then fill with chocolate chips -
melt down in a double boiler system (I use a diced tomato can in a parabolic mirror system on sunny days, I'm frugal)
I put a tiny hole in the jar lid.
I heat the chips until they start to melt and add a few more chips as they melt. (The air space leaves more room as they melt) I try to leave about 3/4" of stirring room. I stir this about every 1 - 2 hours.
I don't think infusion time matters with the fine ground cob but using the sun costs nothing so...I let it work for a couple of days. By the end of today I can let you know if I find any difference.

I realize that all this riggamaroll is unnecessary but I like chocolate!!!!:groupwave::dance013:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hey Cobbers...I tried one of my Choco-cobs last nite at about 7 pm and was surprised that I could feel it kicking in within a half hour and it slowly built from there. This choco-cob was made with the finely ground cob but was a fairly short infusion time, maybe 6 hours, but it did get fairly hot. The water in my double boiler system did boil. I was surprised at how quick it worked since it was by ingestion and on a full stomach.
Anyway....here is my recipe, just in case anyone else wanted to try this...

approx 10g of cob, finely ground
1 tsp. lecithin
1 tsp. coconut oil
add all ingredients to a 8 oz mason jar and then fill with chocolate chips -
melt down in a double boiler system (I use a diced tomato can in a parabolic mirror system on sunny days, I'm frugal)
I put a tiny hole in the jar lid.
I heat the chips until they start to melt and add a few more chips as they melt. (The air space leaves more room as they melt) I try to leave about 3/4" of stirring room. I stir this about every 1 - 2 hours.
I don't think infusion time matters with the fine ground cob but using the sun costs nothing so...I let it work for a couple of days. By the end of today I can let you know if I find any difference.

I realize that all this riggamaroll is unnecessary but I like chocolate!!!!:groupwave::dance013:
Brother, I'm so pleased for you; half an hour is good. ❤

Latest posts

Latest posts