What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Magus square

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Interesting you say perennial properties, after I harvested this winter (February) I decided to reveg (outdoors in natural photoperiod) all my phenos. Only the green pheno survived and looks and acts as a perennial. The Plasticity I am seeing is of a perennial, on the other hand none of the other phenos survived the reveg.
To even make your point more valid the potency of my green pheno was not the highest, I found the “gold” to be the strongest and the purple to be more fruity and sweet.

100 days 14w for the green pheno
110 days 15w for the gold/purple pheno

The F1s are my personal line/project;
(Montego Bay skunk X Yucatán Mexican) X Filipino Kalinga/Palawan
Source of origin.

Okay i think it's the Montego Bay Skunk that has hijacked the Green longer flo pure sat theory.

Yes purple often pass fruitiness, our Lambsbread and my Zamala is good example! ;)

Last edited:

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Powered Thai repro jungle
IMGP6114.JPG

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Zambaz repro F2
(Zambian Cooper x Swazi Red)

Difficult reproduction with low germ rate and unfortunately several mutants out of the race!

I finally selected only 2 females x 1 male, one mom is classic spicy peppery but with luck this female seems to be special with a great candy fruity mix aroma coming, exactly the smell of candy necklaces.

IMGP6205.JPG
s-l400.jpg

IMGP6201.JPG

Quite surprised for this kind of Afro cross that I thought to produce more metallic, earthy and dark terps. Will see the original cooper red hope for the next F3 work i think but i’m really curious and glad to separate this Gold fruity type turn of its F2. 💛

Btw the Mozambique triple cross project is canceled because sadly not a single seed of two SOA packs wanted to germinate! 😥

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Mazswaz smoke report by Marc, Thx!
Had a dinner party last night with some close people. Only your gear was indulged on. The room was vibrant, full of smiles, people engaging in the lost art of conversation. A lady was brought as a novice with a fear of past experiences. She laughed herself so hard, paranoia free. My heart was full, both witnessing the scene and thinking about you. A man that cares. Smells were peppery, earthy. Taste was a little harsher than I normally lean, not unpleasant. I have been spoilt with some recently smooth, tropical tasting bud. The effects I loved how balanced it was in the hybrid combo. Longer lasting too on the crowd, music was grabbing my attention, so too was my lady. Calm but alert. Creative and energizing enough. Golf balls in the cheeks effect. Big up to your great weed my friend. Peace and love. Thx for my Mazswaz evening.

Tangwena

Veteran
Btw the Mozambique triple cross project is canceled because sadly not a single seed of two SOA packs wanted to germinate! 😥
Nice mix man, there is a member here that is trying the same thing with Mozambique plus a few others from Malberry seeds, fingers crossed for a few germination's I will give him a buzz and see how he going with them.

Tangwena

Veteran
Vibes @Tangwena i look forward some Moz, mostly should be Green/Gold i think but there's some highlands with like Red Malawi/Swazi connection. A new import would be interesting will see ;)

Fresh Zambaz F2s
View attachment 19036309
Unfortunately both my efforts and that of the other person I mentioned had zero germination the seeds were too old.
I'm sure there are still plenty in Mozambique if someone is prepared to go there.

Tangwena

Veteran
Ya @Tangwena Tete province is exactly between Zambia and Malawi so all East mountainous Moz' borders zones should be interesting, my nose would go to the Maputo Swaz connection too! :biggrin:
Yes borders dont mean much when it comes to ganja its more tribal and geographic locations.
Some tribes have long histories growing ganja and selecting for their own tastes.
Unlike the new commercial growers who are just farming ganja to make a living as life is hard for them.
Its the old school experts that hold the best ganja.

Wuachuma

Yes borders dont mean much when it comes to ganja its more tribal and geographic locations.
Some tribes have long histories growing ganja and selecting for their own tastes.
Unlike the new commercial growers who are just farming ganja to make a living as life is hard for them.
Its the old school experts that hold the best ganja.

I had always seen one of the biggest cultural and geographic rifts that affected a schism in cannabis genetics was the Saharan desert.
North of the desert had Islamic influence and Islamic trade, so from Morocco to Egypt had a commonality that even expanded into the fertile crescent. Hash-focused plants whose chemo type was more balanced and leaned towards the traditional indica/hash plant denotation.
Sub Saharan cannabis was typically distinct from Islamic North Africa just as we see with Sub Saharan culture. More sativa, extreme THC dominance with little to no CBD, and a more ethereal, mental and spiritually wrathful.

But then I played with Sinai genetics and found some plants that had the smell and buzz of Durban. Like moreso than any Dutch 'durban.'
Of course, this is a statistical outlier and thus solidifies the rift created by the Sahara desert.

Another cool facet is how Madagascar and Zamal cannabis is seemingly closer to Indian than Kwazulu or Mozambique.
The islands are so very close to southern Africa, yet were more influenced by India's oceanic conquest and slave trade.
Oh man, slave trade and cannabis. What a history. Even 1900's USA continued a psyops of attributing cannabis use to what only slaves use.
These colleges and universities ought to have a couple days solely on the slave trade and cannabis in their anthropology classes

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Morocco received hash plants from Afghanistan and Lebanon just since the 20th so before there was no really hasch culture there like in Egypt earlier so only sativa smoked in sibsi as kif and ethnically people are also more Berber than Islamic or Arab. A same antic Amazigh culture for the big part of North Africa in the far past before the 7th and all around Sahara!

For Zamala i don't really agree, i think it's more similar with South Africa and South East Asia than with South India, it's like proto or prehistoric. I think cannabis landed in South India maybe like later than in Madagascar in fact. (?)

Concretely what i found and felt in Swaz or Zam is different than what i found in Kerala even if of course it's the same pure sat big family. The difference is small but significant imho, a question of terroir and latitude, Kerala like Lambsbread like Ethiopian have more gently kind of high i would say.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
I had always seen one of the biggest cultural and geographic rifts that affected a schism in cannabis genetics was the Saharan desert.
North of the desert had Islamic influence and Islamic trade, so from Morocco to Egypt had a commonality that even expanded into the fertile crescent. Hash-focused plants whose chemo type was more balanced and leaned towards the traditional indica/hash plant denotation.
Sub Saharan cannabis was typically distinct from Islamic North Africa just as we see with Sub Saharan culture. More sativa, extreme THC dominance with little to no CBD, and a more ethereal, mental and spiritually wrathful.

But then I played with Sinai genetics and found some plants that had the smell and buzz of Durban. Like moreso than any Dutch 'durban.'
Of course, this is a statistical outlier and thus solidifies the rift created by the Sahara desert.

Another cool facet is how Madagascar and Zamal cannabis is seemingly closer to Indian than Kwazulu or Mozambique.
The islands are so very close to southern Africa, yet were more influenced by India's oceanic conquest and slave trade.
Oh man, slave trade and cannabis. What a history. Even 1900's USA continued a psyops of attributing cannabis use to what only slaves use.
These colleges and universities ought to have a couple days solely on the slave trade and cannabis in their anthropology classes
Its def a mish mash of sources with the Arabs and Indians trading with Eastern African coast for centuries.
Add to that generations of hybridisation and local climatic changes its anybodies guess where they originated thats for sure.
The strongest stuff seems to come from the Rift valley in Eastern Africa in fact the whole East coast was just a melting pot of nations and plants came with them.
I'm just grateful to have sampled the tiny amount of that culture I did its a wild part of the world even today.

Latest posts

Latest posts