What's new

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Don't throw away mushroom kits when they've finished fruiting; bury them in the ground outside somewhere shaded, cover with some horse shit and then a layer of compost and keep moist.

I've just this morning pulled a 103g Shroom from my garden and there are more coming through!.
I've tried this a few times with no success. Seeing yours make me think I'll give it another go next summer (winter here). I have a perfect sub tropical climate for mushies.

They grow wild near here but you have to run the gauntlet of angry farmers, cops, and the odd bull, so I find it easier indoors.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I've tried this a few times with no success. Seeing yours make me think I'll give it another go next summer (winter here). I have a perfect sub tropical climate for mushies.

They grow wild near here but you have to run the gauntlet of angry farmers, cops, and the odd bull, so I find it easier indoors.
To be honest, I never expected such a fantastic result.
The kit itself gave 5 flushes and plenty of shrooms, so I was very happy.

In the last 48 hrs I've cropped almost 700g!
And well over a kilo since transferring the spent kit to the soil.

This morning's harvest
IMG_20240625_075606.jpg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
This morning I took the last of the mushies off of this kit; flush no. 4

It may well produce another flush, but the bedroom that it was in will be in use this weekend by our daughter and she won't want me popping in at 8am to air it.
IMG_20240626_141153.jpg

Here's where it's going.
IMG_20240626_141610.jpg
And here it is all crumbled up in the horse shit.
IMG_20240626_141623.jpg

You may notice the cheap plastic flowers in the 2nd photo.
I'm sorry to say that we lost Stir Fry a few days ago, after a very brief illness.
IMAG0887.jpg

That's him in his prime on a mountain walk
He was a good friend and much loved.

I'm shedding a tear at this moment.

The flowers will be replaced with a nice shrub.