What's new

MadMac's haze and haze hybrid's grow & show

Status
Not open for further replies.

cola

That's very interesting!

Is that your patent?

Can you tell us anything more about the line and what makes it special / unique?

Don't really understand why "he/we" thought it was appropriate to post news of this patent here. Crazy stuff.
I really don't believe it to be overly concerning however. Just a very large ego attached to a head at work here. We could call the same cut a different medicine for a different purpose, and voila, the patent goes vamoose. Bye bye. One thing that large pharma has that we do not currently need to contend with is the genetic engineering that leaves a specific footprint. Fortunately, we are not forking around with that shist yet. Just a small fly in the ointment.

cola

Don't really understand why "he/we" thought it was appropriate to post news of this patent here. Crazy stuff.
I really don't believe it to be overly concerning however. Just a very large ego attached to a head at work here. We could call the same cut a different medicine for a different purpose, and voila, the patent goes vamoose. Bye bye. One thing that large pharma has that we do not currently need to contend with is the genetic engineering that leaves a specific footprint. Fortunately, we are not forking around with that shist yet. Just a small fly in the ointment.
It is my opinion, as well, that this is simply a hijack. Dude(s) did not "make" anything. They cracked a seed! :sneaky:

cola

I have no connection or relation, but you can read more about the patent at 'uniqueflowerllc' on instagram.
There was some good discussion happening but they turned off the comments on all the patent posts besides the original, seemingly due to some very reasonable backlash... oh well. Extensive discussion can still be read on the original.

Essentially, they claim to be the first to recognize OH's medicinal potential for treating depression/anxiety. There are some strange sub claims about myrcene dominating its terpenes, but not leading to the typical sedative type effects they claim are usually associated with myrcene dominance.

It's a clear move to commercialize and pharmaceuticalize OH, supposedly spurred on by this move for cannabis to schedule 3 in USA, but under a patent in which nobody else can stand to profit from it.

If you patent something from a line you personally bred, that's a different conversation.. but to simply grow a 10 pack of seeds others created, and then claim you found something nobody else has (or at least nobody has 'recognized'), and think you have the sole right to profit off it as an anxiolytic/anti-depressant, based on a 'finders keepers, losers weepers' basis... something else entirely. Very questionable.. reeks of dollar signs and profiteering to me. A true medicinally focused individual would not pursue this path, surely.

Edit: For the record, I have no problem with people making a living off cannabis in a variety of ways, but when 'your way' starts to jeopardize and limit patient's access to medicinal cannabis, in favor of profit, a line needs to be drawn. Since when has a monopoly ever benefitted the consumer/patient..?

All the more reason why us "regular folks" need to keep our vaults stocked with viable seeds, And continue to grow and breed them, as well as maintaining our cuts, males, and mother plants. For trading and gifting with each other!

AmericanFarmer

many thx my friend!
you will promised :)

wide leaf drug :)

yes... :)

right... get rid of the devil in the nevil
you know me...

have 2 PR lines... 1 had intersex issues...
the other will be tested later this year... maybe together with the OHz...
have 15 OHz from the master himself coming...
but lot's of real life work too...
time will tell...
thx @ all
M.:tiphat:
What did you mean by “have 15 OHz from the master himself “? Who is this Master you speak of? Just found this thread super stoked I know it’s a few years old but man what a nice find!

420empire

Veteran
They can take their patent and stick where the sun dont shine.! I have worked for medical canna, and I tell some of Them are some sad fuckers.. they get hard on just by profit... sad but way of capitalism.
As suggested here, start to make 1000s of seeds of the herilooms that are left, we need to be the guardians for the grails ✊🧙‍♂️

LostSoulsofHaze

Because it's Haze history bro, it deserves to be here and in Sam's thread. Because you don't like it doesn't mean much.

Glad you aren't concerned and you shouldn't be. Yes, if you got our cut you could call it something else maybe and but I don't we have to worry about it.

It doesn't have to be GMO to have legal protection. We aren't trying to come after growers that's one of the silliest things about this. Grow Haze.

LostSoulsofHaze

They can take their patent and stick where the sun dont shine.! I have worked for medical canna, and I tell some of Them are some sad fuckers.. they get hard on just by profit... sad but way of capitalism.
As suggested here, start to make 1000s of seeds of the herilooms that are left, we need to be the guardians for the grails ✊🧙‍♂️
You can take your wizard stick and shove it while you guard.

elchischas

Veteran
Some buds of magnificent Thai x Haze

Happy up high! :rasta: thanks @MadMac
IMG-20240217-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20240217-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20240217-WA0010.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
hello friends of the light ;-)
well still very busy with real life work and not often @ home...
but things going fine and i'll just startet the last landrace x OHz run...
1. Malawi Gold (TLT)
2. Congo Black (TLT)
3. Drakensberg (TLT)
4. Kullu Valley(Khalifa Genetics)
5. Kerala Idukki (TLT)
6. Dayma (Tashqurghan) (Afghan Selection)
7. Mazar (Khasa Paz) (Afghan Selection)
8. Chimtal (Balkh) (Afghan Selection)
9. Thai Dharavati (Zomia)
10. Thai Squirrel Tail (Zomia)
11. Kumaoni - Malana Creme (RSC)
12. Zamal (French Touch)
13. Manga Rosa (Brasilian Seed Co) "Morango do Nordeste"

Kumaoni, Zamal and Manga Rosa where very old... especially Manga ... but managed to sprout some with the help of seedcracker and living soil..

my working place @ moment
View attachment 18980664 View attachment 18980665
when arriving home...
View attachment 18980666

and here we have the fav OHz reflowering/regrow ... she had no water last week... so looks litte sad... but you get the idea... some branches are dead and brown... but others are still allive and regrow/flower and will never stop... the Zamal had this too ... she is now 6 month in the flower room on 11/13 and still doing fine... it was a experiment .. because i'll noticed that before... well will partially harvest soon and look what happen... maybe put her outdoors and see ... and if still alive take her indoors in winter and so on... really curious now if can keep her alive for some years.. bonsai technic maybe ... i'll love those genetics... they are always special like the high... this OHz lady was flowered from cut and as you can see she could easy fill the room...
View attachment 18980667 View attachment 18980668 View attachment 18980669
dead and alive ... no feeding ... no water ... crazy ... most where already dead!
View attachment 18980670 View attachment 18980671

Manga Rosa (back) and Zamal
View attachment 18980682

and some of the others ... 2 weeks.. was not here ... just filled the base with enough water... some have very strong grow ... landrace have this special stuff... you only need to find it ;-) ...
View attachment 18980683
they all gonna hazed' ...
happy growin'
M.:smoker:

P.S.
when i'll get my permission to breed and sell and i'll can open the shop... than i'll will become a boutique breeder here @ IC and i'll can promote and talk about it ... and what genetics etc... it's all on the way but i'll need it official... i'll don't like half baked ;-) many thx @ all for support ❤️
MadMac king of Haze flexing his little castle:ROFLMAO:

AmericanFarmer

Where does everyone get beans from @MadMac ? I’d really like to play with some OHaze hybrids and PURE haze as well. Where is some good sources to get pure haze or Thai haze, Nevil’s Haze, NL5Haze ect.. it seems the ones that have them don’t want to share and hoard ALL the pure stuff for themselves I can name a few off the top of my head. For the most part there’s still a lot of nice people still in to sharing and trying to get them into other peoples hands. Great thread Mac . I’ve got alot of heirloom and a few landrace varieties from all over the world mainly Central American ( Mexico) and several SouthEast Asian varieties . Last thing on MY bucket list is to obtain several pure haze varieties or nice heirlooms to f it.
Everyone stay blessed and congratulations on everyone working on HAZE.

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where does everyone get beans from @MadMac ? I’d really like to play with some OHaze hybrids and PURE haze as well. Where is some good sources to get pure haze or Thai haze, Nevil’s Haze, NL5Haze ect.. it seems the ones that have them don’t want to share and hoard ALL the pure stuff for themselves I can name a few off the top of my head. For the most part there’s still a lot of nice people still in to sharing and trying to get them into other peoples hands. Great thread Mac . I’ve got alot of heirloom and a few landrace varieties from all over the world mainly Central American ( Mexico) and several SouthEast Asian varieties . Last thing on MY bucket list is to obtain several pure haze varieties or nice heirlooms to f it.
Everyone stay blessed and congratulations on everyone working on HAZE.
Zenhouse gardens has some of his THH and THH hybrids.

AmericanFarmer

I saw proseeds site was down and they were ALL out of the THH im looking for as well OHaze beans. Is anyone eles reputable breeder or seed bank?
Or even someone kind enough to help a brother out or swap/ trade for some? 🙏🏻💙👊🏻

cola

Because it's Haze history bro, it deserves to be here and in Sam's thread. Because you don't like it doesn't mean much.

Glad you aren't concerned and you shouldn't be. Yes, if you got our cut you could call it something else maybe and but I don't we have to worry about it.

It doesn't have to be GMO to have legal protection. We aren't trying to come after growers that's one of the silliest things about this. Grow Haze.

As you can clearly see from my above post which you quoted, I never said that I did not like posting on this thread. I stated I did not understand why. For a moment I thought that you were working with Mac. Apparently not. You, and unfortunately countless others here, misquote other posters so that you can justify and start a contrived conflict. Sad.

Now that I have your attention: I know we all want to know what made you so inclined to patent the seedling that you popped from the 10 pak that you bought? And just how does cracking someone else's seeds that they have bred make it your work, whether the product that is derived from it has some inherent specialty to it, or not? Peace

LostSoulsofHaze

As you can clearly see from my above post which you quoted, I never said that I did not like posting on this thread. I stated I did not understand why. For a moment I thought that you were working with Mac. Apparently not. You, and unfortunately countless others here, misquote other posters so that you can justify and start a contrived conflict. Sad.

Now that I have your attention: I know we all want to know what made you so inclined to patent the seedling that you popped from the 10 pak that you bought? And just how does cracking someone else's seeds that they have bred make it your work, whether the product that is derived from it has some inherent specialty to it, or not? Peace
I think I got your attention bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts