What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Let's try these autos one last time and hope for the best.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I was originally given forty two auto seeds by someone on icmag 2 years ago. Of the seeds that I got to sprout and grow those did amazing. I didnt have much success at sprouting around 60% of the seeds and getting them to grow.😭

The last 2 times I tried to start my auto seed, they did not sprout. So let's try these last 3 autos and hope for the best. I just now put them in water.
Here we have granddaddy purple sherber cherry.
Lemon auto, and pixie sticks.
20241012_215623.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I was originally given forty two auto seeds by someone on icmag 2 years ago. Of the seeds that I got to sprout and grow those did amazing. I didnt have much success at sprouting around 60% of the seeds and getting them to grow.😭

The last 2 times I tried to start my auto seed, they did not sprout. So let's try these last 3 autos and hope for the best. I just now put them in water.
Here we have granddaddy purple sherber cherry.
Lemon auto, and pixie sticks.
View attachment 19082833
I germinate all my seeds in the soil that the plant is going to grow in. I just keep the soil wet for the first 48 hrs and and then cut the water and wait until I see sprouts. I have the best results doing it that way. I used to use paper towel and pre-soak but found that the soil has the best success.

MROrganicGreenz

If you do paper towel, put some of it in the soil with the seed. The microbiom attached to the seed sticks to the towel. If you throw it out, you have higher risk of pathogens like fusarium and damping off. I dont have the Papers by hand to give you scientific evidence but maybe have a look into it.

MROrganicGreenz

Same is for glass soaking. It washes of the microbiom.

Secondly I would put them in the fridge for 2 weeks beforehand so you simulate Winter.

If the are really week or the shell is very thick, u could, as a hail mary, open the seedshell with a razor blade. Sometimes weak seelings get enough water and Power through that. But be veeeeery careful and dont harm the seedling. Just open the shell on one side slightly and put them in soil then.